House Majority Whip Shot

@FourWalls (14693)
So much for the "civilized" society in the US. Steve Scalise, the House Majority Whip, was shot this morning while at a baseball field near the Capitol. Three others were shot. As Scalise, a Louisiana Republican, has a high position in Congress, he has a security detail. Two lawmakers interviews, Kentucky junior senator Rand Paul and Senator Jeff Flake from Arizona, revealed that the shooter "had a lot of ammo" and was shooting onto a baseball field with nowhere for the congressional representatives to run. Scalise's security detail shot the suspect. (Fox News initially reported the shooter was dead; however, they have retracted that and later reported he was shot and in custody.) I don't care for many of our elected officials (the one representative from my state that I do like is, ironically, from that dreaded "other party" than what I registered as), but this is just stupid. Prayers for the victims of this stupidity. UPDATE: the President, in his comments around 11:40 a.m. eastern time, announced that the shooter did die from his wounds.
It never ends over here with the insanity..prayers up.
@shivamani10 (11200)
• Hyderabad, India
yes this is really a stupid act of Democrats
@FourWalls (14693)
It wasn't "the democrats" who did it. It was one lone gunman who thought he had to take everything into his own hands instead of letting our process work.
@m_audrey6788 (13669)
Yes..more prayers needed for the victims because of Stupid ways of others
@dragon54u (31636)
I sincerely hope that this was the work of a sick person and not someone with a political agenda. Our politics are volatile and violent enough right now without having this escalation of violence involved. I can't imagine how anyone could do something like this.
It will be interesting to hear the liberal spin on this incident.
@Berniezeitler Yes, they will twist it to their agenda. It looks like Republicans were specifically targeted as the a witness stated the shooter asked if Dems or Reps were practicing today. If Scalise hadn't had a security detail, it would have been a slaughter.
@FourWalls (14693)
@Berniezeitler -- or "Trump orchestrated this to distract the news from the Russia investigation."
@FourWalls I could see the Liberals saying that!
@FourWalls If it turns out to have been targeting Republicans then there is a huge problem. Interesting that this comes on the heals of the "Shakespeare In The Park" story. Not to mention that there are reports that someone asked if it was Democrats or Republicans on the field. Praying for all who have been affected and for our country!
Reminds me of Gabby Gifford's shooting when she served under the Obama administration. Another disgruntled person doing harm to those who do not have the same beliefs on how things should be done in this country. Expect more of this type of thing to happen. Prayers going out to those who were wounded.