Home remedy for dry cough

@peachpurple (12853)
Malaysia
this morning, I woke up with a dry throat with a cheaty cough that hurts so much when I tried to swallow my saliva. I did tried to gurgle salt water, a mixture of salt with lukewarm water to ease the pain but to no avail. The best way to find immediate solution is the internet since there wasn't any transport available , everyone went out to work in the morning. Anyway, visiting the doctor may cost me at least $70 per visit. Hence, I decided to try my luck on home remedy for dry cough. This method worked out well to ease the cough frequency. Bring to boil 2 cups of water, mix in slices of raw ginger, squeeze out the lemon or lime juice into it and allow to boil until it reduced to a cup. Then stir in honey, drink slowly to allow the drink to touch the irritating throat wall. After drinking 3x, I felt better. What is your home remedy for cough?
Honey, lemon, hot tea also sometimes warm olive oil, sea salt, and lemon.
@Raine38 (9113)
Dry cough is never fun! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and I hope you get better soon. Sometimes it is better to administer home remedies than rely on commercial OTCs because of side effects. My personal home remedy for a dry cough is lemon green tea with honey or ginger tea with honey. And I avoid salty and sweet foods until I kick the dry cough away. And of course plenty of water and rest.
My home remedy for cough is warm milk and honey and it works.
@Tracy04 (10527)
I drink 2 big bottles of mineral water, and plenty of rest. Off all internets, TVs for a day. But although when I am not sick, I will drink 2 big bottles of mineral water everyday to keep me hydrated.
I usually drink hot ginger tea.
@Sreekala (22720)
It is an easy method indeed but I am running out of Honey. The honey available in market is not pure either. My remedy, making black tea adding cinnamon, clove and basil leaves without sugar, it worked for me in the winter.
This is true. I use the same concoction for dry cough. I also use oregano tisane (the medicinal oregano) and the water used to boil ampalaya leaves.
Glad you found a home remedy that worked. I usually buy an over-the-counter cough suppressant, which is cheaper than going to the doctor too.