The Water is Dirty and It's Linked to a Disease! Shhhhh ...

drinking water
Austin, Texas
Wish this was fake news. Saw a news report about the water crisis in Flint, Michigan. The Head of the Health Department is being charged with involuntary manslaughter. Involuntary? He must have had a good lawyer. Because there is no way that a department head did not VOLUNTEER to not say or do anything about a public health crisis!!! Nick Lyon is charged with FAILING “to alert the public to an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease in Flint, Michigan, linked to the city’s lead-contaminated water crisis”. Those are the kind of people you need working at a health department and anywhere that health services are provided who are responsible for making critical decisions. The kind without a conscience.
The charges are related to an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease linked to the city's lead-contaminated water crisis.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Sinful and horrifying and may he be damned.
• Austin, Texas
I just can't understand in his position would not say anything. I'm shocked by his inhuman response and reaction.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@cmoneyspinner That's what he is ..inhuman.
@jaiho2009 (38010)
It's better to be warned , if it's true then it's really bad for those who had consumed before it is resorted.
• Austin, Texas
We were shocked by the very first news on this crisis during 2016 because the contaminated water had already made so many children sick. But the news continues to develop around this and I wish it would stop. You don't want it to get worse but it keeps getting worse.
@jaiho2009 (38010)
@cmoneyspinner It's really sad though, no matter how we tried to be cautious some things goes bad/wrong
That is bad. And I know this isn't fake news.
• Austin, Texas
It's UGLY NEWS.
The news must have come as a shock to people there.How come such a thing would happen?
• Austin, Texas
People in official government positions made a bad decision to save money. It got ugly when the harmful health impact became known and then the parties responsible did not want to own up and be held accountable for that bad decision.
@cmoneyspinner The people in official government positions are responsible for the people'health,rather than just considering how to save money.
• Austin, Texas
@changjiangzhibin89 - That's what everybody said. ... After the fact.
In my country, it is not advisable to drink straight from the tap water. The pipelines are old or even worn out through the years of existence.There is a possibility that some pathogens will leak into broken pipelines.
• Austin, Texas
I know there are places around the world that don't have clean water. But America has NO EXCUSE!!
@cmoneyspinner I agree on that. I heard this from my American colleague before. American people do drink straight from the tap water.
• Portland, Connecticut
I suppose he wanted to keep his job and as a result endangered the entire city, what a loser.