Snoring Molly Is Less Annoying Than My Snoring Husband

Molly never snored until recently.  She sure does snore now, at age 7.  For some reason, her snores are just plain cute and not as annoying as my husband's snoring.  Molly's veterinarian said Molly's snoring is due to her putting on some extra pounds and her being older.  However, dogs who snore may be doing so due to medical conditions or physical characteristics: 1.  Those cute short-snout dogs, and those dogs who have those adorable smooshed-in faces, have shorter air passages which lead to them snoring away, more often than not. 2.  A physical object or some type of obstruction in the nose or throat of a dog can lead to snoring. 3.  Second-hand smoke closes air passages in a dog's throat and also damages the respiratory system of a dog.  Developing asthma and snoring can result from a dog being exposed to second-hand smoke on a regular basis. 4.  There is a mold that can be found in the great outdoors, Aspergillosis, which can be the cause of snores coming from a dog.  This mold is found in the air, hay, clippings of grass, straw, and dust particles carried in the air. 5.  A bad tooth can cause a dog to snore.  Also, an abscessed tooth or a growth that is unnatural in a dogs mouth can cause snoring. 6.  Those poor pups who have a stuffy nose due to seasonal allergies, and yes, due to a common cold, are prone to snoring. . Photo: Molly snoring on the twin bed in my husband's home office. Ugly quilt used to protect the comforter from all-things pup.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh I thought it was Molly's bed
It really is Molly's bed, but I always say it is a "guest bed" so that people will not think we are nuts. We are nuts, but don't want that to spread throughout the town.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Corbin5 Hhah I knew it Deborah
@cacay1 (32164)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Corbin5 ,Oh, no, how lucky Molly is.
I bet your hubby is a candidate for a c pap machine my adult son used to snore horribly but this doctor put him o n a cpap machine at night and hes stopped snoring so he says. poor dog cannot be too comfy .I snore some but my roomie is champion snorer
Well, not sure what is causing my husband's snoring, but he did get a clean bill of health last month. I think he snores due to getting older. I just do not want to hear it.
@cacay1 (32164)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
what a snore.
@cacay1 (32164)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Corbin5 My nephew age 25 snores and he is still young how much more when he gets older, lols.
She looks to be sleeping very peacefully there.
Oh yes, she does prefer that bed over her dog bed.
@cacay1 (32164)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TRBRocks420,lucky cat.
well not sure if Ms.Ruby snore .I cannot hear her anyways.Take my hearing aids out.The sound of silence.LOL
Oh yes, those hearings aids being removed does make things more peaceful whenever you'd like. They do come in handy to block out sounds that may be annoying.
@amadeo silence is great.
@Nawsheen (22862)
• Mauritius
Aww look at Molly. She is sleeping so soundly. Fortunately Molly's snore is not due to any medical conditions
Yes, her snoring is due to her being a bit too chubby and being older. Whew!
My cat snores too, and has ever since he was a baby. He is a healthy guy though so I don't worry about it too much.
I bet he has a cute snore!!!
@Corbin5 It is cute..but not so much when he is snoring in my ear!
• Pamplona, Spain
A few times our dog will do that too but not very loudly. Thanks for that information about the allergy. We think that he might have this allergy also but again we would have to pay 300 euros to find that out also. Anyway that is a lovely photo and love to Molly she is funny snoring.
Thank you for sending love to Molly. Her snores just sound cute, thank goodness. Yes, the vet visits here are so expensive. I wonder if there would be a home remedy for a dog's allergy. I need to look that up.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Corbin5 I have got tired of looking at the moment and I am off here in a short while much better off outside for a while.
Thankfully Ally doesn't snore but boy does she have physical dreams sometimes, I just wonder if she's just running or chasing something.
Oh yes, Molly legs will get going when she sleeps too. I wish I knew what was going on in her little head when she does that too.
If only we could understand dog @Corbin5 right?
@rebelann I know. What a joy it would be if we could understand dog. However, Molly would do a lot of trash-talk about my husband and me, but it would still be cute. Her standards for us are way too high!!
What a cute pup she is, sleeping so soundly and snoring away! If your husband snores, he may want to have that checked out at a sleep center. He can have sleep apnea, which isn't good to have.
Will mention that to him. He doesn't snore all the time, but when he does, it's pretty loud.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Daisy also snores and sometimes snorts or hums @Corbin5 , she is a Pomeranian and I find it super cute of her, when my Dad snores in front of the tv, it's not so cute. Though when she lies next to my Dads feet and snores with him, it is kind of cute again. Hehe.
Oh my. I can imagine Daisy and Dad snoring along with each other!!! Adorable!!!
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Any snoring is better than a grown mans. I love when babies snore. Lol. Good to know, even though i dont have a dog.
I love when babies snore too. My son and his wife rescued a little Persian cat, and she snores due to her smooshed-in face.
Did you wake her taking the picture, she looks like she has her eyes open. I've never had a dog that snores, but our former neighbour had an older pug and it snored while it was awake! And it was MUCH worse then any man's snoring that I've heard.
Thank God Ruby doesn't snore one in the house snoring is more than enough! She doesn't toot either!
So glad Ruby doesn't toot!!! Molly does not toot yet, but I think that may happen with age. Just glad she has taken over the bed in my husband's office. I will buy him some fragrant candles if Molly starts tooting.
yepperz, i prefer the sounds 'f the pup here snorin' o'er the hubs any ol' day, although 't times she can rattle the windows, too. her trouble started'n early puphood. somethin' bit her (ne'er figured what) 'n her face swelled (looked 'kin to one'f those cartoon pups, poor dear) 'n warranted a trip to the vets 's liquid benadryl didn't do the trick. yepperz, iv with the schtuff fer 'bout 2 hours got 'er back'n her feet. the weather effects her 'n with dry, windy/dusty days, her snorin' 'tis more pronounced. i'm aghast 't 'cha callin' that quilt ugly :( to me, they're all beautiful works 'f art.
Poor little pup you had. She really had a hard time after that bite. Well, I bought it at the resale shop for $2 or $3, and Molly seems to think it looks good. I bet a person could buy all kinds of quilts at resale shops, since there are so many available for a few bucks, cut the quilts in squares and make a quilt of their own design. Sure would be a cheap way to obtain material.
@Corbin5 yepperz, she'd a time fer certain. 't least such didn't impede 'pon her bird-doggin' skills. the hubs'd been most unhappy if'n such'd occurred. what a great find 'n a huge pity that these works 'f art mean so lil to some. e'en an 'ugly' quilt takes time to put together. wish i could find schtuff like that 'round these parts coz i'd be stockpilin', lol. yepperz, a great way to get material fer the cheap. i'm also fond 'f sheets...do ya recall how purty sheets used to be?
@crazyhorseladycx I do! Sheets really did have lovely designs back in the day. Lovely floral patterns I remember well. Mom used to iron all the sheets and pillow cases. Poor woman. Maybe I am supposed to iron them too, but never have and never will.
I am sure your husband would not appreciate to know that you prefer Molly's snoring. My Daddy snored a lot, I could hear him from my bedroom, hubby does not snore.
Oh well, he can take it. My father-in-law snored so loudly that my sister-in-law Rhonda would cry because she could not sleep due to her Dad's powerful snoring.
@LadyDuck I sleep the same way. I am a very deep sleeper too.
@Corbin5 You are lucky, I wake up all the time with very low noises. Tonight I have heard the hedgehog crunching the food of the cat.
Deborah, can something be done about Molly's snoring? Does your husband' s snoring keep you awake at night? I think I heard Sophie snore before.
Molly's snoring is cute; my husband's is not. I run a box fan to drown out the snoring of my husband.
@Corbin5 Deborah, I can imagine how it bothers you when he snores. Good idea about the box fan. Does it help drown him out?
@Hannihar Yes, the fan works really well.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I wonder if they make C-PAP machines for dogs.
In this day and age, I am thinking there may C-PAP machines for dogs. Have to find that out!
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Corbin5 It wouldn't surprise me a bit if there are. I can imagine it would take a lot of training to get the dog to wear it, though.
@DWDavis Molly would not stand for one of those. She would definitely be totally uncomfortable and do her best to remove it.
@nanette64 (13692)
• Fairfield, Texas
Good thing Molly, your husband and me aren't in the same bed with you. Ear plugs wouldn't be sufficient.
Well, we would put you in the guest room and Molly could sleep on her doggie bed. That would work out quite well!!!
@nanette64 (13692)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 Or Molly and I could just cuddle up and drive each other crazy.
My last dog, a white Chihuahua had a bed that wads supposed to be human, but my dog took it over (but the bed was mine! She took over the bed and would not let me near it around bed time without bites that caused lots of blood loss i went near the bed.I slept happily in muy rocking chair for two or three years until my parents bought me a futon which was better. I did it out of love for my baby! I had a lot of dogs throughout life, but none ever snore ! Though my Sunshine a black and white schnauzer tooted a lot! Would do it all the time and especially when we had company!
Oh my! You gave up your bed due to the pup!! I probably would have done the same!!! Susan's toots probably would be an interesting addition to a gathering of friends and family.
@Corbin5 I am so sorry, I made a mistake my Schnauzer was named sSunhsgibe because she was the sunshine of my life as family lore goes the reason for her name!was interesting trying to explain it was Sunshine as who did it!
@Tracy04 (10691)
It's cute to hear dog snore sometimes.
I agree. I love to watch a dog who is sound asleep.
@Tracy04 (10691)
@Corbin5 lol sometimes when they dream they move their feet and others lol that's cute.