Things Are More Serious Than I Let On...

@Hate2Iron (7950)
A lot of you gave really good advice about how to keep mom busy if she comes to live with us, but I didn't stress just how bad she is. Actually, I don't know how she watches TV at all, because she can't see faces. I guess that you have to experience it to really understand. All I know is that she can only see people at a distance and that if someone said hello to her at the nursing home, she has no idea who it is. I also don't understand how hearing aids work either because she talks to me every day on the phone, but can't hear anything at the lunch table. I will have to talk to my sister as well about how best to keep her entertained. Now as for coloring... that is another problem. Alfredo mentioned that but mom can't stop her hands from shaking either. She can't even sign her name. A coloring book of some sort would be idea and I might suggest it to her anyway. It might get back some of her motor skills, but when I suggest things to her like writing her name on a blank piece of paper over and over again just to see if it helps (as I have in the past) she gets annoyed.
My moms hands shake too, but she loves to color and the shaking seems to be better when she is preoccupied.
Do you have a community care center that can give you some helpful suggestions on that?
@1hopefulman (30212)
I just spotted this and so not knowing many details, I'll wait to see what others who are more aware of the situation have to say. I took care of my dad the last few years of his life at 100 and so can sympathize with you.
I hope it gets worked out I would not manage that well at all. Your keeping her with you would be constant are until she was sleep. I wish you the best.
Why does she not have glasses do she can see some thimgs can be remeded she needs good sigjt t o sign hher name
I am so sorry. I wish I knew how to help in some way. I'll definitely pray for you guys.
I know there are phones for older folk who have trouble hearing. my grandmother and her 'boyfriend" got one months ago.