Be careful with pet food!

@tzwrites (3809)
Romania
I am still in shock...I fed my cats Whiskas dry cat food and instantly they started foaming at the mouth as if they were poisoned. I quickly gave them milk and they drank a lot. Thankfully they seem to be okay now. I think the cat food is either poisoned or someone tampered with the food during production. I emailed the company and they did not respond. I don't trust pet food, it seems people are tampering with the food and it makes me sick to think people intentionally want to hurt animals.
That's too sad to hear. I hope they would be able to explain what's wrong behind. I hope the cats will be fine and if it still persists, you can consult a vet.
@tzwrites (3809)
Yes, I hope they will be fine.
@tzwrites I think it is under control now.
@cacay1 (32164)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Shavkat ,that cat food maybe expired.
@Essjayd (1168)
Put a post on their Facebook page it's harder to ignore than an email. I would also save some of the food if you have any left so it can be tested!!
@tzwrites (3809)
I have saved the packaging and the food
@Essjayd (1168)
@tzwrites Get a post on their Facebook page the last thing they want is bad publicity!
@tzwrites (3809)
@Essjayd Very true. I will post there.
I think there was some sort of contamination.Good that you acted quickly.
@tzwrites (3809)
It is horrible that this happens.
@tzwrites Those poor cats.
@tzwrites (3809)
@Kandae11 The problem is they never issue recalls of such crap products!
Oh my goodness, I am glad I bought another brand. Let me know what happened and what the company replies.
@tzwrites (3809)
They have not responded but the my cats are still feeling a bit sick they haven't eaten the new food I bought. Another person posted on the site that their cat is having chronic diarrhea from the same food.
@cacay1 (32164)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck , maybe expired cat food.
@cacay1 May be also a rotten ingredient that went into cat food.
@sabtraversa (9804)
I thought it was of best interest of these companies to create the best food, it's hard to believe they don't control their food enough.
@tzwrites (3809)
They probably think 'ah well it's just animals' and fill the food with bad ingredients.
@tzwrites Oh right, they think animals aren't usually whiny and picky. But they are, I see lots of pets eating one favorite brand only, these spoilt brats.
Yikes!!! That is just awful! At least you were smart enough to know to give them milk. Keep trying to get through to the company. It may save other cats.
Is there a purpose for the milk? Does it help sick cats? Or is it just To give them liquids?
• Portland, Connecticut
That is terrible, It had to be contaminated or someone tampered with it, either way very bad, I am glad your cats are okay.
Are you absolutely sure it was the food and nothing else that could of caused a foaming mouth reaction @tzwrites ?
Wow, that is very worrying. I wonder what caused your cats to do that?
I'm so sorry that happened and glad your cat is all right now.
@jaiho2009 (39079)
aw, that's scary and hope your fur babies are doing fine. I seldom give my pets pet food. I cooked food for them,
That would be so frightening! I am glad your cats are okay.
@cacay1 (32164)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Too bad report that to Animal Department to sanction the seller of that poison cat food.They have to pay moral damage.