Yes, I was disappointed (but not anymore)

@annierose (17419)
There was a task given to me and it took me days to finish it because of the difficulty of the task. A promise was given to me that my hard work will pay off. I thought that it would be recognized this afternoon on the Conference but the only people given recognition for the same task that I did were 2 higher authorities. I felt extremely disappointed and I felt insulted. It was like I was ignored. Is it because I am just an ordinary teacher that my hard work is not good to be recognized in that event. This is not the first time that I felt humiliated. I know I am not holding a high position in the school but I was the leader in our department. I represent the teachers in our school. Sad to say, when the school head were introducing the Head Teachers, he skipped me and he said "Sorry, I don't know you." He said it in front of the students with microphone on. I was deeply hurt because of those words. But I just want to forget those things. What I did when I arrived home this afternoon is I put all my disappointments in doing cardio exercises. I kicked hard, I bend my body as much as I could. I transfer all those disappointments in doing exercises. I am happy to be back here in Mylot. How have you been?
@MGjhaud (20829)
I hope you're feeling a bit better now.
@annierose (17419)
@MGjhaud Yes, I am. I will be okay soon. Thank you. How are you?
@MGjhaud (20829)
You're welcome! No more dwelling on it. Let's damn clap our hands for ourselves if we know we did good. My day started weirdly good. I'm warming up at the moment then get on with my day.
@annierose (17419)
@MGjhaud Yes, you are right. Thanks for that. Will you be sleeping soon?
I can't believe how rude the principal was! He should have asked politely your name. Some people just don't know how to be sensible. He's not a good example to the students.
@annierose (17419)
@rachz_kisses I felt sad after that. I hope I will be not like that once I reach a high position. I don't know if its right to feel bad or I am just expecting too much.
@annierose Oh puhleezz! You have the right to feel bad. First, they assured you of a reward if you able to accomplish the task. And secondly, the principal was rude by not knowing your name. (How could a principal not know your name??).
@annierose (17419)
@rachz_kisses Maybe because I am a new one and the youngest in that group that time. But I guess, that is still not a good reason to treat someone like the way he treated me.
I'm sorry you were overlooked.
@annierose (17419)
@just4him Well, life is not always a bed of roses. I think those situations have something to teach me about life, about people.
@annierose Everything happens for a reason. Trust God, not man.
@annierose (17419)
@just4him Yes, it does. The reasons might be unclear now but in God's time, I will be able to understand it.
@Nawsheen (22830)
• Mauritius
OMG what kind of a principal is this. He is so rude and mannerless
@annierose (17419)
@Nawsheen too disappointing. Have you experienced to be humiliated by many people?
@Nawsheen (22830)
• Mauritius
@annierose at my previous job my manager used to yell at us and even those from other departments could hear him. That was embarassing.
@annierose (17419)
@Nawsheen That is too bad. Does your manager say 'sorry' afterwards?
So glad you found a way to help lessen your disappointment. Life is full of disappointments for us all, and I suppose we all have to develop ways to get over those disappointments.
@annierose (17419)
@Corbin5 Yes, I need to or else I might be ugly harboring those negative feelings. How are you?
@mandala100 (25680)
That's so very mean or rude. It's a case of not giving where and to whom proper credit is due.
@annierose (17419)
@mandala100 Well, it hurts. But I think I should move on. How are you?
@mandala100 (25680)
@annierose Im fine. Thank you.
@annierose (17419)
@mandala100 You are welcome! How was your day?
@Shiva49 (10556)
These happen in life. Some are adept at taking credit and staying in the limelight. I recall one incident when I submitted detailed costs of products for approval of prices and the official asked those who represented our company questions they could not answer; they had to admit the person who did the hard work was not among them. The real world is made of quiet and humble folks - siva
@annierose (17419)
@Shiva49 I agree. There are many people who did the hard work but left unrecognized just because they are not that close to the higher authorities.
• Lithuania
I feel you, but let it go, forget and enjoy life.
@annierose (17419)
@lillywriter True. We have to let go of bad feelings and just keep the good ones.