Our new outdoor library

@gilggg (2638)
Israel
This is in my neighborhood a quite little corner where you can read books and stories or study outdoor. This is a nice quiet corner that the neighborhood people built on a volunteer basis with benches and a roof that gives shade and protects the people who sit and read it. There is also a small broad near where children sometimes play... All the books out there are donated by people and sometimes people add, lend or return books so there are a great variety of topics to read. Do you have a outdoor library in your place?
@Nawsheen (22849)
• Mauritius
Hey thats a very good initiative. We dont have such things over here. Reading it in the nature must be so relaxing and pleasurable
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
It's pretty new in our neighborhood for just about 3 months since the library was established so it's kind of a new experince for us....and it's fun...
@Nawsheen (22849)
• Mauritius
@gilggg Have you been there and experience what it feels like?
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
@Nawsheen Yes I have been ther with my kids, I read them a story there it feel wondwrful...
@MGjhaud (20822)
is there supposed to be a photo attached? i wish that we have a public library in this small town. that would be amazing.. so far, we only have a park with a childre's playground.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
Yes, there it is (the photo) I had technical problem but been solved as you can see
@MGjhaud (20822)
That's a good way to encourage people to read(more). I have a few books that i can donate here but I wish i can find a place or someone willing to swap books though..
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
@MGjhaud Dont you have any library where you live that you can give those books?
Oh that is so nice. It would be nice if also have something like that in our neighborhood.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
I like to get there with my kids at afternoon and read them a story and play woth them around on a nice weather day....
@gilggg That's so nice.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
@SIMPLYD Thank you, Yesterday there was a nice event with reading poetry and music over there, it was nice...
I like that and this is so nice to encourage people to read more. I just wonder whether the books will get wet if it rains heavily. A few weeks ago I saw a modern book booth nearby my home. At first I thought it was a mini library but later I found that it is a boostore which sells book automatically. I just wonder who will buy a book in that way since you can take it to browse it at first. You can only see its cover and not much information about the books.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
The books are covered with a roof over them and during the rainy season they will also be covered with nylon... Maybe this book booth has a site on the internet that you can see their books they sell with more information of each book?
@gilggg I am not sure. Perhaps I have to figure it out later.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
@ilocosboy (28429)
This is so awesome, I mean that outdoor library is really amazing done by your neighbor and your community. It is so interesting that this library is offered to the people in your place.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
Yes it is... Today there was a small evet and preform there fmilies came and gather together someone read poetry and a small band play music...it was nice..
@ilocosboy (28429)
@gilggg i can imagine what a great activity happened their.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
@ilocosboy Yes it was nice...
@hereandthere (21881)
a quiet corner to read while children play nearby sounds wonderful. i hope the books don't get wet when it rains.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
Do not worry about the books, there's a roof that protects them from rain...
@gilggg i do see it. i guess i was thinking about our tropical storms here.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
@hereandthere In this case, you need to design more sophisticated cover to protect tropical storms...
@mandala100 (24180)
Mostly its the public library.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
Yes, but this is oudoor free library
@mandala100 (24180)
@gilggg Yes you mentioned that in your post.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
@ShifaLk (7313)
Wow that is really good I don't have any here but I really want to read books
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
Yes, it's nice sometime to read book outdoor atmosphere.
@ShifaLk (7313)
@gilggg yes really
@stringer321 (2664)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
That's awesome, I sometimes need some peace and quiet from my dad and from my sister so I go to a library to study. The problem is that the library is not opened for the whole day, just a few hours in morning and at the noon. Well, I guess it's all right. Did you read any book already from that open library ?
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
Usually when we go there I read to my children a books for kids...and it's open 24/7
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@gilggg That is so lovely, I bet people sit and listen to you too (maybe pretending to be reading something else, but, maybe, they listen to you). When my mom reads a story to my nephew, she reads it with intonations: Do you know the story with the five balloons (yellow, green, blue, purple, and red) ? When my mom reads is, she changes her voice to the characters. My nephew likes it very much :-) There is also the story about the rabbit that doesn't likes to be seen by others, so the lion and the giraff decide to hide and wait for him to come out, then they get to know him, his name is ''mitz petel'' (hebrew for raspberry juice). My mom changes her voice to the lion's voice, the giraff's voice and all :-) this is so funny and dramatic. Can you please tell about some specific stories that you read to your kids ?
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
@stringer321 Yes, I read the stories you wrote for my grandchildren, and I also read them the stories about the "generous tree", "Aya Papaya", "Hanan the gardener" and more ...
@jaiho2009 (39079)
So nice, I wish we also have one here in my place. I like reading book and we have collection of books at home. My daughter always buy during booksales , sometimes we do book swapping.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
Our neighbers also do books swapping with us especially in children's books between our kids.... That outdoor library is very nice place to be with my kids and read them a story or even take the guitar and play songs...
@jaiho2009 (39079)
@gilggg That would be so relaxing, reading book with soft guitar in the background
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
@jaiho2009 Yes, it's one of my favorite activity with my family..
@sol_cee (12988)
• Japan
I would be happy to see this place crowded with kids, reading books. :)
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
You are welcome to come here :)
@sol_cee (12988)
• Japan
@gilggg do you have adult books? Jk. ;)
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
@sol_cee Yes we have, and as I told here before you can exchange books on this library. Are you going to come?....lol :)
@Sreekala (18769)
It looks so beautiful. We don't have any external libary like that. In our office we have an internal library but all are scholarly books.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
It is a peacful place I like to go there with my kids and read them a story and play with them or just spend our family time over there
@Sreekala (18769)
@gilggg Yes, plenty of space seen around for playing.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
Someone would steal all the books in the USA.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
But after you read the book you can return and take one else....why to steal it if it's for free....?
@gilggg That is just what people here do.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@jstory07 If someone steals those books, he will need space for them, it will cost him with a lot of effort, that's a lot of weight to carry. Maybe a hidden camera can help here.
@vsai2008 (7632)
It looks like an awesome place..it would have been wonderful if we here also have such libraries :)
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
Yes I like to come here sometimes and read to my kids children story oudoor...
@vsai2008 (7632)
@gilggg thats good to hear :) outdoor story telling for children could be so cool lol:)
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
• Denmark
Yes, there are, but they're much smaller.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
The size is not important, but the intention and the idea that sends people to come and exchange books voluntarily and in a free and fair manner.
@Tina30219 (24638)
• Onaway, Michigan
We don't have one like this but we have a box where people can go and take a book read it and bring it back once done with them. And you can also leave books there. But since I read by kindle it is of no use to me
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
I still an old fashion book reader, maybe because aI love the smell of the papers....lol
That is adorable! There are homes near our vacation home in Florida that have a mailbox size book exchange library. You can choose a book and drop off your old ones for others to read. Several people have them. It's a great idea.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
I like it too, it's great to hear that in Florida they have it too
@PainsOnSlate (18726)
Not where I live, but I have packed up some books I've read to take to the campground. The camp has a free library and my books go there for other campers to read.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
It is kind of you and generous to give your books for other campers benefit.
• Lakewood, Colorado
This is lovely and I hope if it rains the books will be put away. Yes there are small libraries in our place that are outdoors along streets too but not as big as that one.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
It was built by the people of our neighborhood and is also maintained by volunteers and donors who care about education and creating a neighborhood atmosphere that educates and supports reading books as an important value in our life ...
@Gillygirl (15260)
• Sutton, England
It looks a great place to chill and read. The weather wouldn't be suitable in the UK for an outdoor library.
@gilggg (2638)
• Israel
It is one of my favorite place in my neighberhood in Jerusalem...