Our new outdoor library

@gilggg (1055)
Israel
This is in my neighborhood a quite little corner where you can read books and stories or study outdoor. This is a nice quiet corner that the neighborhood people built on a volunteer basis with benches and a roof that gives shade and protects the people who sit and read it. There is also a small broad near where children sometimes play... All the books out there are donated by people and sometimes people add, lend or return books so there are a great variety of topics to read. Do you have a outdoor library in your place?
@MGjhaud (20021)
is there supposed to be a photo attached? i wish that we have a public library in this small town. that would be amazing.. so far, we only have a park with a childre's playground.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
Yes, there it is (the photo) I had technical problem but been solved as you can see
@MGjhaud (20021)
That's a good way to encourage people to read(more). I have a few books that i can donate here but I wish i can find a place or someone willing to swap books though..
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
@MGjhaud Dont you have any library where you live that you can give those books?
@Nawsheen (18932)
• Mauritius
Hey thats a very good initiative. We dont have such things over here. Reading it in the nature must be so relaxing and pleasurable
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
It's pretty new in our neighborhood for just about 3 months since the library was established so it's kind of a new experince for us....and it's fun...
@Nawsheen (18932)
• Mauritius
@gilggg Have you been there and experience what it feels like?
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
@Nawsheen Yes I have been ther with my kids, I read them a story there it feel wondwrful...
Oh that is so nice. It would be nice if also have something like that in our neighborhood.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
I like to get there with my kids at afternoon and read them a story and play woth them around on a nice weather day....
@gilggg That's so nice.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
@SIMPLYD Thank you, Yesterday there was a nice event with reading poetry and music over there, it was nice...
I like that and this is so nice to encourage people to read more. I just wonder whether the books will get wet if it rains heavily. A few weeks ago I saw a modern book booth nearby my home. At first I thought it was a mini library but later I found that it is a boostore which sells book automatically. I just wonder who will buy a book in that way since you can take it to browse it at first. You can only see its cover and not much information about the books.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
The books are covered with a roof over them and during the rainy season they will also be covered with nylon... Maybe this book booth has a site on the internet that you can see their books they sell with more information of each book?
@gilggg I am not sure. Perhaps I have to figure it out later.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
@ilocosboy (19028)
This is so awesome, I mean that outdoor library is really amazing done by your neighbor and your community. It is so interesting that this library is offered to the people in your place.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
Yes it is... Today there was a small evet and preform there fmilies came and gather together someone read poetry and a small band play music...it was nice..
@ilocosboy (19028)
@gilggg i can imagine what a great activity happened their.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
@ilocosboy Yes it was nice...
@hereandthere (18101)
a quiet corner to read while children play nearby sounds wonderful. i hope the books don't get wet when it rains.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
Do not worry about the books, there's a roof that protects them from rain...
@gilggg i do see it. i guess i was thinking about our tropical storms here.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
@hereandthere In this case, you need to design more sophisticated cover to protect tropical storms...
@mandala100 (2566)
Mostly its the public library.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
Yes, but this is oudoor free library
@gilggg Yes you mentioned that in your post.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
@ShifaLk (7055)
Wow that is really good I don't have any here but I really want to read books
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
Yes, it's nice sometime to read book outdoor atmosphere.
@ShifaLk (7055)
@gilggg yes really
@jaiho2009 (38010)
11h
So nice, I wish we also have one here in my place. I like reading book and we have collection of books at home. My daughter always buy during booksales , sometimes we do book swapping.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
11h
Our neighbers also do books swapping with us especially in children's books between our kids.... That outdoor library is very nice place to be with my kids and read them a story or even take the guitar and play songs...
@jaiho2009 (38010)
11h
@gilggg That would be so relaxing, reading book with soft guitar in the background
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
11h
@jaiho2009 Yes, it's one of my favorite activity with my family..
@vsai2008 (1236)
It looks like an awesome place..it would have been wonderful if we here also have such libraries :)
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
Yes I like to come here sometimes and read to my kids children story oudoor...
@vsai2008 (1236)
@gilggg thats good to hear :) outdoor story telling for children could be so cool lol:)
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
Someone would steal all the books in the USA.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
But after you read the book you can return and take one else....why to steal it if it's for free....?
@gilggg That is just what people here do.
• Lithuania
No, we have not such outdoor library here, and not always weather would fit to keep books outdoor.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
Perhaps you can find such a structure that will suit the weather in your area for such a outdoor library
@garymarsh6 (11412)
What a brilliant idea. Sadly it would be vandalised here in the UK
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
It belongs to a small neighborhood Everyone knows everyone I hope it will not be vandalised here...
That is a wonderful thing to have in a neighborhood!!! People here will have little libraries in darling structures outside their homes so people can take a book and leave a book, but nothing as big as the one in the photo.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
Yes it is not big library it has ben designated for our small neighborhood...
@tzwrites (2691)
It sounds like a nice place to be. I love sitting and reading in a quite corner outdoors.
@gilggg (1055)
• Israel
Now I had succeed to add the photo so you can see it ( most of it)