What Are Your Thoughts On Teen Suicide Case?

Conrad Roy III was texting with his then ex-girlfriend Michelle Carter in 2014 when she continued to encourage him to follow through on a plan he had to commit suicide. Prior to this he has suggested they both commit suicide 'Romeo and Juliet" style. In those last texts he voiced a change of heart but Michelle encouraged him to just do it. The case also brought out that he sought Michelle's advice on how to do it and she willfully suggested the exact way he did it. While this is just a simple overview of basic information, I was wondering what people here thought of the case. Before you decide I want to add some points of information: 1. Crisis hotline people are held responsible for contacting authorities when a call is going south and suicide is a likely outcome. 2. Professionals can be held responsible if they do not report when someone is a danger to themselves or others. 3. I would want to know if someone I knew was thinking about suicide and someone else knew. 4. Suicide is not defined as an act involving the help of others to plan it but rather a self realized plan. So now it is your turn. Do you think the guilty verdict was appropriate?
A Massachusetts judge found Michelle Carter, 20, guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the 2014 death of her boyfriend, who poisoned himself by inhaling carbon monoxide in his pickup truck. Prosecutors had said she sent Conrad Roy III, 18, numerous text me
I do not think it appropriate. She may have egged him on, but he allowed her to do so. It was his choice to go ahead with it. I am not sure what her charge should be, but manslaughter seems too extreme.
@Corbin5 Ok so she should have been charged with something lesser? Granted she egged him on but she also told him how to do it and where. When a person is depressed they only call as a cry for help. The fact that she knew he was apprehensive seems to warrant a more stringent charge don't you think?
@Berniezeitler .The fact that she also struggled with depression is something I have to consider. Seems like two mentally ill teens to deal with in this case.
@Corbin5 That's true. It would seem the sentence could be for mental health treatment as an inpatient.
I agree with the verdict of guilty.
Absolutely she should be found guilty. At one point he stopped and she told him to get back in the car and continue it. She is a disgusting human being.
@TheSojourner (17454)
I think that manslaughter was appropriate. She told him to "get back in the car." She could have said anything to try to get him to reconsider. She didn't. He may have done it anyway, but she had something to do with this situation turning out as it did.