May I Ask Where I Am to Store These?????

. Oh, come on!!! How on earth does a resident store two 100-gallon cans in a garage? The 100-gallon can to be used for recycling was hard enough to squeeze into the garage, and yesterday, all residents received another 100-gallon can to be used for garbage. Those two green cans are huge! I do know there are many in the neighborhood will not be able to fit both cans in their garages due to the tendency of many owning too much stuff that sits in their garages. We do not have too much stuff in our garage, but those cans will still be taking up far too much space in our garage. It will be extremely difficult to maneuver around the garage to find what we need with those green monsters in there. A lifting device attached to the front of the truck will do away with guys having to manually pick up and dump the garbage into the truck. Great idea for Waste Management, but a lousy idea for residents. No way will I store those cans on either side of my house, in back of my house, or on the sides of my house. I will find a way to make those two green monsters fit in our garage!!!
• Olney, Illinois
Well, okay, you do it your way, but I am not going to build a garage just to put my big blue 100 gallon can in.
I am bound and determined to make those suckers fit in that garage!!!
• Olney, Illinois
@Corbin5 I've got this small area just off the back door where I keep mine (well, it's not really the 'back' door, it's more the 'side' door...both entrances to the house are in the front two rooms). Of course, Scar had to photobomb the picture, I guess he wondered what was so special about the garbage can
@JolietJake I see Scar!!! Yes, your can is hidden from view. It is nicely tucked away. We have a patio in the back, but perhaps some wooden fence panels of some type would hide the cans.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes I see those giant green cans around here when I go for walks Deoborah..they are huge indeed.
We do not even have enough garbage to fill that thing. Oh well, I will make them fit!!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Corbin5 Just build another garage to put them in lol
@TiarasOceanView Once again, your brilliance astounds me!!!!
@crossbones27 (12687)
• Redlands, California
Indeed, Miss Lady telling you all to get rid of your stuff. Or maybe that was me. Anyhow, we all have to much. My friend stores them with a pool table and so disrespectful to a cheap pool table.
Too much stuff makes me very nervous, so I am a big tosser of things that have no use. Used to store items in case our son and his wife needed them, but no longer.
• Redlands, California
@Corbin5 I am a minimalist at this point. People's big houses are to much for me. My house is to big, but people are not ready for such a thing. Want to get rid of greed and corruptness, start there.
Don't they come to collect garbage everyday or are you expected to prepare your own compost?
They come for garbage every week, and they come for recycled items every other week.
@Corbin5 The wet garbage will go stale. Won't it? They should come for it every day.
@allknowing Well, any wet garbage I put in the freezer, then on garbage day, I just take the wet, frozen garbage in plastic bags from the freezer, and place them inside the can. No odor that way.
We've had those monsters for a couple years now. We got instructions with our monsters about where we were to place them - out of sight from the road. I didn't read the instructions at first and got a nice note attached to my garbage can one day from the city. I had a fence separating the driveway, from the yard - I didn't have a garage, so my monsters stood behind the fence and did away with any hope of having a small garden in that place. They really are picky about what to do with those monsters, oh and be sure you have them four feet apart when you need to put them both out on the curb with that little metal piece facing the street so the truck can easily pick them up. In this picture of Pip you can see a piece of the fence and one can behind it. The other can was usually beside it but the snow that year made it difficult to get both cans side by side. It was still out of sight from the street.
Thanks for the placement tip. No instructions came with those. I am not even sure what the rules regarding storage happen to be. You had a good spot to hide years. We could place them on the backyard patio, but sitting on a patio alongside garbage cans is not something I want to do.
@Corbin5 I wouldn't want to either, a very stinky idea. I hope you can get your car out of the garage with those two added bins there. Or is the car now located outside the garage?
@just4him We do not need three cars, but my husband feels we need three cars. So, two inside the garage and one on the right side of the driveway. We did get them in the garage, but have to move stuff around to get to what we need. We will just have to adjust.
• Preston, England
we keep our wheelie bins outside the houses and garages
I really do want them out of view, so we did make those monsters fit inside the garage.
• Preston, England
@Corbin5 they are unsightly but here they are outside every house so it doesn't look too bad in the end
@arthurchappell Yes, if all the neighbors kept them in the same spot, it would not look as bad as them being stored in a variety of places.
@Fishmomma (11389)
Can you get the smaller green dumpsters in your area? We are offered two sizes on the web site. Our dumpsters are in different colors blue recycling, green trash and tan is grass.
We have to use the ones supplied by the village due to the truck that picks them up being equipped with a lifting device that only works on those cans.
@Fishmomma (11389)
@Corbin5 I learned about the smaller size on the company's web site that picks up the materials in the dumpsters. Several neighbors have switched to the smaller size. The smaller ones have the same lifting device. The difference is cost less and less dumpster to store. Both dumpsters are delivered by the same company and they sent out a schedule to know what day to set them out and it lists the web site. Our recycling dumpster isn't done every week, as its every 2 weeks.
@Fishmomma I have no idea why those things have to be that big. I cannot see anyone in our neighborhood filling those up.
• Peoria, Arizona
We have had these kinds of cans for ages, my neighbors across the street have 2 trash cans and one recycle bin. We leave our in front of our house and pull them into the driveway on trash day. most of the houses around us do the same things. Why won't you put them on the side of your house? Just curious haha
They could be seen by those driving by or walking past our house, so in the garage they went. They do fit but make it hard to maneuver around them.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Corbin5 is it bad for them to be seen? I don't get it haha
@DesirousDreamer Well, I just think it makes the neighborhood look messy, but I am rather picky when it comes to neat and clean. When our son was in high school, he lamented, "Mom, nothing is ever clean enough for you!" I am working on that.
@mandala100 (16419)
I wonder how much it cost per unit of those green bin.
I bet they are well over $200 each. I could easily fit inside one of those.
@mandala100 (16419)
@Corbin5 Oh that's a bit expensive.
@mandala100 I have to find out if they become damaged if we have to pay for new ones. I sure hope not.
@alberello75 (9810)
• Genova, Italy
From the picture is not clear for me, but in Italy are used similar for the separate collection
Yes, it is hard to determine the size, but I am 5' 2 1/2 inches tall, and I would fit nicely inside one. I will not give that a try, however.
• Genova, Italy
@Corbin5 Sorry but, such containers, are they too bulky to be kept in the house?
@alberello75 Yes, too bulky to get through the doors to the house.
@divalounger (2044)
We also have waste management monsters to deal with! They are huge and live on the side of our house--when they are full, especially the yard clipping bin, is really heavy--good luck! And because the machine that pick up the cans are not gentle with dropping them back down to earth, we go through about 2 of these a year. I have two on their last legs right now--
I bet they will take a beating. I am bound and determined to make those monsters fit in the garage!!
@Corbin5 will you have room for your car in the garage then?
@divalounger Well, due to my husband being a car nut, we have a two car garage and three cars. Both will fit if I shuffle things around. The third car is always parked on the driveway, but the two in the garage must be kept in there since they are the newer ones.
@PatZAnthony (11486)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
These seem to be what is used in most areas now @Corbin5 Hate the look, but no one asked what color we wanted here! These should come with one of those trash can shed!
Yes, a trash can shed for everyone would solve the storage problem.
@PatZAnthony (11486)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@Corbin5 Maybe if they at least gave us one that matched the trim on our homes we would not mind as much!
@PatZAnthony Yes, I think that is a brilliant idea!!!!!
You should get together with your neighbors and ask the garbage company to give less cans. You can well have 1 every 3 houses and in another place.
That sounds like a very good idea. I bet many neighbors are not happy about having to store 2 100-gallon cans.
@Corbin5 I hope it works.
@marguicha We got them in, but they sure do take up a lot of space.
Well, looking on the bright side you have wheels on them. My recycling bin is big and heavy but wheels! Ir is impossible i would be able to take it up the steps to the curb and take it down when empty, I don;t even use it. I don't know where it is nor do I care! But I do have a little green bag about the size of a grocery bag that says recycle that I put all my recycling in and give it to my sister to take home so her husband can put it in their recycling bin! She v=bougth me the bag, so I better use it!
Glad you do not have to deal with the recycling. We do not have enough stuff to even fill those bins.
@Corbin5 I don;t have enough things to fill one of ours! I have limited things, and my sister loves recycling! So it is a win-win deal!
We've had those for some years, fortunately I have room for them at the back of my house.
We were able to fit them into the garage, and I must say it is a tight squeeze in there.
@Corbin5 No way could I get ours into our garage, I can only just get the car in.
@sueznewz2 (8486)
• Alicante, Spain
I agree ... my dad has three bins... but they are not as big as yours... recycling..garbage and garden waste...
We have the two bins, but we have to purchase $3 stickers for yard waste. Waste sure can be pricey.
@sueznewz2 (8486)
• Alicante, Spain
@Corbin5 sadly like alot ofthings these days... it's a business...
They only give us one. We could sure use another one. Lol
Well, since our son has his own home with his wife, it is just the two of us here. We cannot fill both of those, and I do wish I could give one to you!!
@Corbin5 I would sure take it. Lol
@moffittjc (29253)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have large cans like that from Waste Management also, but I don't store them in my garage. They end up making the garage smell too bad so I keep them on the side of my house, just out of view behind my wood fence. Good look figuring out a way to squeeze them into your garage!
We got them in. We would have to place them on the backyard patio, and boy, that would sure ruin the ambiance of the backyard patio! I sprinkle Downey Unstoppables, those little round granules used to soften clothes, inside the garbage one , and those things are so fragrant that any odor is masked. Anything that may stink due to sitting too long, I just freeze it in the freezer in a plastic bag and take it out of the freezer and place in the garbage can on the day of pickup. That helps.
@moffittjc (29253)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Corbin5 Sounds awesome that you've got it all figured out! Good job!
@jaiho2009 (38810)
I wish I could take one,Ibadly needed that here
I wish you could take one too!!! More room in my garage if I gave one to you!!!
@jaiho2009 (38810)
@Corbin5 I can accomodate two too
Those are mighty big. Good luck storing them.
My body would fit nicely inside one of those with room to spare.