Frugal Food: It's Friday! Dinner for three for under ten bucks.

Ponce De Leon, Florida
Tonight I am cheating a little bit becuase it is hot as you know what outside, and I did not feel like standing over the stove for longer than I have to, and the oven is being used but only for about eight minutes- to minimize the heat in the kitchen. Winn Dixie had Birds Eye pasta meals on sale so I bought one last weekend and that is waht we are having for dinner, along with some garlic bread (homemade). The pasta is cheesy ranch chicken and has chicken, pasta, broccoli, corn and carrots in with a cheesey ranch sauce. So good! Plus it feeds all of us. Here's the breakdown for tonight's meal: -Birdseye Family Size Cheesy Ranch Chicken- $5.99 -Bread- $0.50 ( only using six slices of it) -Garlic and butter mixture with some italian seasoning- $0.75 Total for tonight's meal: $7.24 and that's for three people.
Definitely a frugal meal. That's what a lot of people who are on budgets rely on. . . unfortunately it is full of proccessed stuff. Look at that ingredients list. Not something that you want to eat too often.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
A little processed food isn't going to kill me. If it was it would of already done so.
@thislittlepennyearns no every now and then you will be fine. But some people eat that stuff every day which is just crazy.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@NJChicaa I don't eat fast food ever anymore, so i figure a premade meal every once and awhile wont kill me.
@Blondie2222 (17547)
Sounds like a good dinner to me. I had a ham and cheese sandwich with some pretzels as it is hot and humid here so did not want to cook.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I dont like cold sandwiches for diner very often.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Blondie2222 (17547)
@thislittlepennyearns i don't either just on warm humid days
Impressive. Enjoy later.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
It really wasn't that impressive lol. I reaaaallllly want tacos. Ah well maybe tomorrow.
@thislittlepennyearns how not? It was under $8 for three. That's very good to me. Hope you get them tacos then
@mandala100 (24998)
That's really a very frugal dinner you have there!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Thank you. Probably cheaper tonight than tomorrows will be.
@mandala100 (24998)
@thislittlepennyearns Wow that will be so great!
Under $2.50 a plate. Excellent job.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Plus there are leftovers!
That sounds great! Enjoy!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
It was good, theres enough left for one meal tomorrow but that is about it. lol.
@CoralLevang (39658)
That seems a bit expensive to me. But it sounds good.