Concoction dinner!

Peoria, Arizona
My mom is a pro when it comes to just tossing things together. Tonight we had this kind of hamburger helper meal. It was ground beef, rainbow spiral pasta, and diced tomatoes and it was actually pretty good! I think the only thing that would make the dish more delicious would be to put on cheese and maybe some celery salt on the ground beef. Other than that, it was pretty great! My mom also makes this random dish when we have scraps of chicken it is like the bowl from KFC that is mash potatoes, chicken, and corn, we do that just without the gravy. Because, who can afford gravy? What did you or are you having for dinner? I hope it was something yummy!
Some stores have cheap 75cent to buck gravys.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
@Orson_Kart you dont have to.
@Courtlynn True, but I am a curious sort of guy.
@Lizzyib (758)
I never use to like those kinds of meals when I was younger. I was a bit of a fussy eating and I liked to eat things all separately. I was a real pain in the you know what for my mom. But now I love them! Bring on the mystery casseroles. I'm totally game
• Peoria, Arizona
I couldn't be picky as a kid, since having little money haha
@Lizzyib (758)
@DesirousDreamer Oh we weren't loaded either, there were four kids. I was just stubborn and would starve. It's not like I had other options
• Peoria, Arizona
@Lizzyib you eat what you get haha I had to, I hate cooked carrots and green beans as a kid and still hate them to this day, but still had to eat them and would if I had to
@jobelbojel (8224)
I love mashed potatoes. This is a good dinner @DesirousDreamer
• Peoria, Arizona
It is really good! Mashed potatoes are my favorite haha
@Orson_Kart (4487)
What is celery salt? I've never heard of it. I rarely eat red meat these days. It used to form part of my staple diet, but it's mainly chicken or fish these days, I had fish last night as it was Friday and I always have fish on a Friday, unless I have something else.
• Peoria, Arizona
It is a type of seasoning.
It is how you survive. You use what you have and mix it up really yummy. Gravy made from scratch is actually cheap. It was our main filler at our meals growing up. I never felt like there was enough food. Maybe that is why I love eating so much now. Your mom sounds great.
• Peoria, Arizona
My mom has tried to make gravy from scratch many times and it just doesn't turn out well haha
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
There are several different affordable ways to make gravy. I thought it was too expensive too for a long time. They make the premade bottled stuff for like $1.28 or if you have beef fat or pork fat and butter, milk and flour you can make your own. I keep all our drippings and freeze them to m ake gravy out of. We had chicken and veggie pasta. with garlic bread.
• Peoria, Arizona
The premade stuff is nasty though and sooo salty. Bleh. Rather just do without haha
@Blondie2222 (22580)
Sounds like a pretty good dinner to me. I had a ham and cheese sandwich with some pretzels for my dinner.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is the dinner of champions!
We are going to have fried chicken.
• Peoria, Arizona
Sounds delicious
@LeaPea2417 (22038)
• Toccoa, Georgia
My husband cooks better than I do and can whip up a good meal like your Mom.