Are you concerned about your friends on Facebook sharing anti-Trump posts with you?

Dallas, Texas
I am deeply concerned about it. I recently talked to my wife about all the most recent hater shares and anti-Trump posts from some of my Facebook friends and followers. The reason I am concerned so deeply about it is the possibility that it may put my Facebook account in trouble. I do not support hater and anti-Trump postings on my Facebook page, from shared posts by my friends at Facebook. I wish they would just stop it altogether. I am not on Facebook to run down the President. If possible you are a follower and friend of mine on Facebook, please, I urge you strongly please do not take offense but Please, please ... stop posting hater and anti-Trump posts to my Wall and I will be much happier for it. If I have to, but I would rather not, I may have to unfriend some people. Not that I don't like them but a true friend will respect my wishes to stop posting hater news and anti-Trump shared posts to my wall. It is getting way way out of control and could lead to me personally being negatively effected by it. Just say no to anti-Trump posts on my Facebook wall and I will sign relief. Have a great day and remember, if you asked me kindly to stop posting a particular type of shared post on your wall wouldn't you want me to respect your wishes too, as a friend, on Facebook, that is? And yes I know I can and will in fact take advantage of the option to BLOCK POSTS I DISAPPROVE OF. Sorry but it's my Wall and I can do what I want with it. You have your Wall priorities and so do I. Lets work on this together, and my advice to those who post hate on their friend's WALLS, just don't do it any more. It spreads hate and that isn't a good thing. We need UNITY not DIVISION among friends in an age of POLITICAL rage. Good. Got that cleared up.
are they posting them directly on your wall or just posting them generally on FB? Those are 2 very different things.
• Dallas, Texas
I am somewhat familiar with these two distinctions. I know that it is difficult to work the parameters to simply limit your hate to only a selection of your friends from a special list but it may be too complicated a task for many people who use Facebook. I was not even aware of these different posting options before I read more on it. Most people post PUBLIC and that means it is likely going to be posted on every single friend on their friends list, in general.
@lookatdesktop so they aren't posting it on YOUR wall. They are just sharing it from theirs.
• Dallas, Texas
@NJChicaa, no They post it on my wall directly at times and also post it in general as Public sharing. The thing is, is not favorable to me. personally.
Solved that problem when Obama ran for president. No way could I or anyone in my family support the man, so I just cancelled my FB account and haven't been back since. No FB account does do away with a lot of drama and gives one a great deal of free time to do something more constructive. Big relief for me having no FB account. Whew!
• Dallas, Texas
That is very understandable.
I could not support him either, but since I am barely on Facebook, I keep my account active on seeing my family's from other states picture once or twice a year. i know people who only get their news from Facebook and spend all day I wonder what can be so fun reposting another post. I have a hard enough fitting in everything I want and have to do. No spare time for Facebook!
@Marty1 I agree that FB takes time away from more important things we want or need to do.
@dragon54u (31339)
I, too, have a problem with that. Most of my friends are musicians and most of my family is conservative. It looks as if I'll soon have only my family left! I've blocked many people whose posts my friends share, I've had to hit "block all posts from June Doe". After the election I lost a dear friend because she was hysterical over the new president, she actually thought that men would start groping her on the street and she would lose all her medical coverage--which was not great anyway--and the country would be in active and violent civil war. Well, she was right about the latter. I did not post hateful things about Mr. Obama even though he may eventually cost me my life after robbing me of my health insurance and I'm so sick and no insurance now since I can't afford the exorbitant prices. I respected my liberal friends and respected the office of the president. Every time my friends post hateful things about Trump I feel as if they are personally insulting me. I know that's not true but that's how I feel. That's why I did not post hateful things about Obama. The ferocity of their hatred is scary, they are talking about assassination of the whole family and cheering the violence of liberals against conservatives. Soon I'll probably lose everyone but my family. It's sad what politics can do to people.
• Dallas, Texas
Yes, and its sad what people can do to people also.We should try to focus on the good things in life and let Trump make his own mess of things on his own.
@anniepa (26888)
@lookatdesktop The problem is he's making a mess of the entire world and it may be irreparable.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I found this if it is of any help to you Anthony:
Facebook didn’t start out as a political pulpit. If you turn to Facebook to relax and share recipes, photos and life updates with your closest friends that is absolutely your right. At the same time, you don’t necessarily want to unfriend peop…
• Dallas, Texas
Thanks for sharing.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@lookatdesktop Welcome Anthony.
@Hate2Iron (7356)
I have my thoughts on the topic and they have theirs. They are entitled and if I don't agree, I just let it go!
• Dallas, Texas
Many agree.
@lookatdesktop I'm with you there. Some of it is downright disgusting.
• Dallas, Texas
It is going to be hard for me to keep my friends on Facebook when I am opposed to getting their hater shares. But I have to make it clear to everyone, that my reasons for using Facebook is only to keep track of my articles with other writers who like me and want to read my stuff. I also only really use Facebook to share my world views with family and also people in the public who I don't even know, just to spread my work so it can be seen by more readers online, in general.