Time Well Spent

My husband and I are both up early this morning. Our son wants to take us out for breakfast in a little while. This is to treat my husband on Father's Day. They've been spending a lot of time together this weekend. They are calling for another hot and humid day today. My guys will hang out together as I have to go into work. I'd like to wish all of the fathers on the site a very Happy Father's Day. And to everyone else, remember your Dad in a special way, spend some time with him either in person or in memory.
What a great picture. Nice that they are getting to spend a lot of time together this weekend on her hubby's special day. Happy Father's day to him. Enjoy your breakfast.
Thank you, that's quite a few years old, but the love remains. We just got back in from a nice big breakfast out. Enjoy your day today, I know that your Dad is gone also, but take joy in the fact that your son is a great Dad.
@Juliaacv thanks..I do. I am proud of him and the dad that he is.
@Happy2BeMe You should take a lot of credit for that.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh such a nice photo. Hope you have a nice time Julia.
Thank you, that's a few years old, but they still share a deep loving connection.
Unfortunately, my Dad is gone. Sadly missed. Too bad you have to go to work on a Sunday.
Sorry for your loss, my Dad passed almost 8 years ago. We just enjoyed a nice breakfast out with our son, I'll leave for work in a little while-Sundays aren't usually too busy, so its not such a hard day.
@BettyB (4311)
• Summerville, South Carolina
My sons are coming over this afternoon. They spend a lot of time with their dad, but today is special. I'm sorry you have to go to work, but hopefully the day will fly by and you will be home before you know it.
That's all right, I don't mind working the odd weekend day, is usually pretty quiet, and we've enjoyed a nice big breakfast out together. Now the guys are out running an errand. Enjoy your time with your sons today. They are so much fun once they are adults aren't they?
@BettyB (4311)
• Summerville, South Carolina
@Juliaacv Years ago I fretted over the idea of my kids growing up, but they have turned into fine young men. Spending time with them is a joy.
@BettyB When we moved our son out of his apartment that he lived in for 2 years during university, his landlord shook our hands and complimented us on what a fine young man we've raised. We both remembered that comment, and thinking back, we've enjoyed his company since he turned about 20, and that was about when he was moving apartments. Now, he's so much fun. We're lucky to have such cool sons Betty!
@simone10 (22294)
• Louisville, Kentucky
That is so nice of your son to treat you and your husband to breakfast. Both my father and stepfather have passed away and I miss them a lot today.
I'm sorry, I know the feeling as my own Dad passed almost 8 years ago.
@simone10 (22294)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Juliaacv It's always hard on both Mothers day and Fathers day. My Mom has been gone 20 years now and sometimes it still feels like it was just yesterday.
@simone10 I miss my Dad every day, but I sadly remember his last day at home which was on Father's Day 8 years ago. He was so very sick, and I hate to think back to that day, it was so difficult.
@dodo19 (25582)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's nice of your son to take you guys out for breakfast and celebrate Father's Day together. I am not close to my father, which is a shame, but I am able to spend time with my husband and our kids, which is nice.
Thank you, it was nice of him, and very enjoyable. I had a nice fresh fruit waffle. I hope that you and your children enjoy Father's Day with your husband-and you spoil him rotten today!
@dodo19 (25582)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv We are definitely trying to spoil him. Happy Father's Day to your husband as well.
@dodo19 Thank you!
@katsmeow1213 (28677)
We're doing yard work on this extremely hot father's day. No other choice, it has to be done and has been getting put off due to weather and hubby's grueling schedule. Maybe we'll go to the pool afterwards to cool off.
That sounds like fun, working together and then going for a swim.
@Juliaacv That's exactly how it ended up going.. and it was a good day!
@alberello75 (9782)
• Genova, Italy
Unfortunately, with my father, I have no good relationship.(obviously all is due to my fault!) However, he is always my dad. In Italy does not use to celebrate Father's Day Or better, there is the dad's day that is in Italy on March 19th.
Father's Day is really just a commercial day in our family. We show love and respect 365 days of the year, not just on days like this one.
• Genova, Italy
@Juliaacv You really are right. Now I quarrel with my father. But I'm sure one day I will regret ...
Happy Father's day and, breakfast sounds good.
Thank you, it was delicious, I had a fresh fruit waffle.
Aw. You got a good son there Julia. Happy father's day to your husband. And happy Sunday to you.
Thank you, we love him beyond words. We had a nice big breakfast out today.
@Juliaacv wonderful! Take care
@Courtlynn Thank you! Have a great evening.
Our son and daughter spent the day with us for Father's Day. We ate outside in the garden, it was lovely.
That sounds so nice.
@Juliaacv It was, very enjoyable.
@CRK109 (14428)
I'm sure your husband is having a wonderful day with his son! Sometimes that's the best gift anyone can give - their time!
They had a special day together. They did worked on a small project in the house and our son joked how they should do small home renos as a business-and of course my husband laughed and told him that he'd rather just write a check to have it done. But they joked and carried on all day long he told me.
@CRK109 (14428)
@Juliaacv Yes, that sounds truly wonderful! Those are the kind of days people remember for a long, long time!
Father's Day isn't our native holiday,but is here to stay now.Today my son treats me to dinner for Father's Day.
Its not a holiday here in Canada either, but more of a greeting card day. It is nice to have a "special" day though, although the other 364 days of the year are pretty good also.
@Juliaacv Yes,on Father's Day,Mother's Day,we can do something for our parents that we owe a lot.
@MGjhaud (20847)
My father did not come today but i know he's resting for his upcoming surgery. I will see him soon for sure. Happy father's day to your husband.
Thank you. I wish your father good luck on his upcoming surgery.
@MGjhaud (20847)
Thank you as well. He'll be fine.
It's nice that your son will be hanging out with your hubby today and having fun. Too bad you had to go to work but I'm sure going out for breakfast is nice too
Thank you, they had a great day together, me, well I had to work.
I am sorry you have to go to work on this special day. It's a very long time my Dad is gone.
Thank you, it was hard to go into work today.
That is nice! I hope he has a wonderful day, you too although you have to work.
My guys had a great day together. I don't mind working on a Sunday, its usually pretty quiet and less stressful so it makes for a more enjoyable day.
It's nice that they are spending time together. =) I hope you enjoy your day as well.
Thanks, we just enjoyed a nice breakfast out as a family, and I'm getting ready for work, they had to run to the hardware store together-guy stuff I guess! I hope that you and the kids cater and spoil Johnny today.
@ilocosboy (21866)
Happy father's day to your husband and your father, I have received many text today greeted me Father's day, my daughter also gave me key chain as my gift.
Thank you. Happy Father's Day to you as well!
@Saroj13 (81)
Yep Dad are god best gift