What is the best way to handle smelling shoes

@shynu44 (4790)
Despite wearing stockings, I just wonder why shoes, especially the closed ones still smell and how best an one handle them?
Sprinkle some baking soda in and you can wear it like that and it takes the odor out or you can let it sit in there for a while. and air them out.
@shynu44 (4790)
thanks for the idea
@shynu44 Welcome.
@owlwings (39102)
• Cambridge, England
Baking soda and the freezer
Funky feet and smelly shoes can lead to annoyance, embarrassment, and can prove to be a huge social hurdle that can alienate you whether you like it or not. So form a plan of attack to freshen smelly shoes so that you can save yourself the...
@MGjhaud (20741)
you can buy a spray for that. you may also apply foot powder before wearing your shoes.
@nanette64 (17495)
• Fairfield, Texas
The suggestions you've been given are great @shynu44 . You have sweat glands in your feet and with closed-in shoes, the sweat doesn't have a chance to evaporate.
@shynu44 (4790)
i had to buy dozens of socks
@nanette64 (17495)
• Fairfield, Texas
@shynu44 Stick with white socks as the colored ones are worse.
@Sherinl (78)
Hi, I have had good results with Baking Soda / Anti-Bacterial Powder (though this can be a bit difficult compared to Baking Soda to get out, as this is finer). Keep 1/4 Lemon or Lemon Peel at night and check in the morning. Voila! Smell is usually gone. If I don't use Baking Soda, I prefer drying it out in sun midday for disinfecting it, or I use Essential Oils like Peppermint or Tea Tree for disinfecting and also to get rid of odor. Hope these help. Regards
@shynu44 (4790)
thats a great recipe. thanks
@moffittjc (42215)
• Gainesville, Florida
You should try either some baking soda, or some talcum powder. Both are pretty good at removing odors.
@Essjayd (1620)
Sprinkle baking soda in the shoes overnight and it removes the smell! Just remember to tip it out before you wear them or you'll have clouds of white powder at every step