I don't know if I am wrong but I don't believe I am.

I am a good neighbor to all around me. My neighbor borrowed two knives from me. I went a week with o return of the knives. I asked her daughter for my knives. In a nasty tone my friend said my mom borrowed them she will return them. I needed the knives that day. She rolled her eyes and ignored me. two days went by before I got them back. I went to buy oil to fill my deep fryer she came right over to borrow oil. I said I could not give her a lot and told her why. she asked for a little. she pours half of my bottle in her pan where I had less than enough for myself. her daughter borrows my phone and gives out my number for return calls. I started ignoring the door now for I am tired of it. Kay said I was not being a good neighbor. Jus now they came for something I was upset. One day the nephew asked for hot sauce. I passed him a new bottle and asked that he return it. when I asked for it back he ignored me and walked away from the door. I knocked again and asked his aunt to ask him to return the hot sauce nope no hot sauce. So I got good and tired and stopped answering when they knock. About three am, she let her daughter bang the hell out of my door looking for pain pills I asked her to never bang on my door that hour in the night again. She did another time or two. I don't want war where I live but enough is dam enough. I told kay the next time i ignore my door she had best ignore it too. Now you know about the noise over there. I was having an anxiety attack with them slamming that door over an over. I went to each of them and was very nice. No one but the grandmother would understand. Screw that I am fed up.
Yeah just don't answer the door anymore thats a good idea. Those people are just taking advantage of your kindness. And no they will never learn the right thing to do.
I wish kay understood where I was coming from.
@sharon6345 Kay says what? You should not lend them stuff?
@TiarasOceanView I am hoping she understands me soon. I am tired of them always knocking for stuff
There is only so much kindness we can give out, and so much bull we can take. You have been nice for too long. Trust me, i know how it is.
Oh yeah and I am about done now. I am glad when no one is here I can ignore the door.
@sharon6345 its your house, your items. You can do whatever you want.
@Courtlynn That is basically what I told kay. I don't want her to feel bad but she needs to at least understand my concerns. Thank you for understanding my situation.
I do not bother with my neighbors because in the past I've had problems. I just keep to myself. You are doing the right thing.
I don't blame you after having trouble. I am tired of it over here.
@sharon6345 when you are nice to some people they just take advantage of you. They don't care about anybody but themshelves.
@Happy2BeMe Yes my mom said basically the same thing.
@Saroj13 (80)
Sometime this kind of incident happens which make it memorable
Boundaries are so important. Some are not responsible folk and we sure don't need them in our lives.Kays too young to understand. Until she has had some things happen she will be free with people.
Yes but I let her know that when I ignore the door she leaves it alone. After all it's my stuff they are coming for.
@sharon6345 .....Good that she knows.
@celticeagle That is what I am hoping she remembers as well.
@prashu228 (25504)
They are just taking advantage of good? neighbor. It's better you ignore them..
That is what I told my daughter I needed to do.
Can you return them to the manager.
There is nothing to return now. They returned it all.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
This remind me of a friend who told me why she never gives a favor to her neighbor, yes she never did, not even once. She said that , once you give them favor, they will ask for it the second time. And when you give it the second time, there come the third, fourth and so on. And by the time you can't give them what they're asking for, they will throw all the favors and good things you've done and given to them. At the end, you're the bad guy and the worst person in the whole world. And now I completely understand my friend's opinion upon reading your story.