To Those Who Celebrate

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there! I wish you a wonderful day. The father of my children will have a quiet day, today. We spent 12 hours in total yesterday, driving to and from and enjoying a wedding out in Long Island, New York. We were invited to our younger son's fiancée's parents' home to celebrate, but my hubby and son prefer to spend it together. Therefore, to kill two birds with one stone, our son is taking us out to dinner on Tuesday, when we will celebrate Father's Day and my birthday at the same time. The boys called my husband and sent cards. I gave him his gifts. We will have a romantic dinner, just the two of us, tonight. Of course, my older son called and told me his Father's Day will be spent at the ice rinks from 7:00AM until 4:00PM, as usual. Today I have been wishing my beloved daddy a happy Father's Day in Heaven. What are your plans today?
• Lakewood, Colorado
My Father is gone RIP. Sorry to know that yours is too. RIP I hope you have a very lovely time Dianne, yes and Happy Fathers Day to your beloved.
Thanks so much! The sun is shining, no humidity, and life is good. lol Just exhausted from that wedding yesterday. I'm surprised I don't have a hangover!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@DianneN It sounds like a fabulous wedding it was, but a long way to drive also. Good you do not have a hangover lol
@TiarasOceanView Very good thing. Been there, done that! Many times.
We've had a lovely day - our children brought lunch for us which we all enjoyed out in the garden. I remember your birthday is the day after our wedding anniversary (52 yrs!), so happy birthday for Tuesday.
And happy anniversary to you and your hubby! Wow! 52 years is just wonderful! I'm glad you had a lovely day today, too.
@DianneN Thanks Dianne.
Happy anniversary Janet Convey my good wishes to your hubby too .A garden lunch sounds just perfect
Dad left this earth in 1980 so all I do is send up good wishes. Happy fathers day to your boys ..... ok, so the third one isn't a papa yet but he will be someday.
It is a bittersweet day. My younger one considers himself a daddy to his cats. lol
Well @DianneN I consider myself a mom to my furmily so why can't he be a dad to his?
@rebelann I totally agree!
Happy Father's day to your husband and older son. Mine was just a quiet day at home. Just another day.
Thank you! My husband went shopping and treated himself to some new jeans and a couple of pair of casual shoes. Enjoy your quiet day. At least you were home and didn't have to work this weekend!!!!
@DianneN yes that was nice for sure
@luispas (1779)
• Venezuela
What great plan you have for these days. I'm very glad for you and your family. Oh a romantic dinner, sounds amazing, enjoy it I don't have any plans for today, I think I'll be with my friends. And that's a beautiful picture.
Thanks so much and enjoy your day, too!
@luispas (1779)
• Venezuela
@DianneN You're welcome, thanks to you.
@Saroj13 (81)
I am planning to spend whole day with my father listening his life story
I hope that you mean that in a good way!
• Riga, Latvia
What a group of handsome men and one lovely lady in the photo. Our dads who have passed on are now watching over us from heaven and still beside us. I miss mine lots. Hope you have a wonderful birthday.
Many thanks and hugs to you. It's a bittersweet holiday.
@Hate2Iron (7310)
Darling daughter spoiled her dad and he's feeling quite pampered.
That's how it should be!
I wished daddy a happy Father's day, also Glad you got the romantic dinner for two and went to celebrate Tuesday! Happy birthday to you in advance! Hope it is happy! and the best one ever! When do you and your husband leave for Boston you mentioned for your birthday? Hope that trip is Fantastic!
Aww, thanks Jennifer. My birthday is tomorrow, June 20. I was actually born on Father's Day and made my daddy a very happy father! lol We leave Friday morning for Boston.
@Marty1 I'm so sorry about poor Sunshine. She was so young.! It breaks my heart. I'm seeing the inside of Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus for starters. lol I will probably write a post when we return. And thank you so much for the birthday wishes. You put a smile on my old, tired face.
@Nawsheen (22849)
• Mauritius
That's a great picture We did not really plan anything. I gave my dad a gift on mother's day itself Anyway happy father's day. Enjoy.the romantic dinner
Thanks and lol! The dinner was nice, and now he's doing what he loves best - watching TV. lol
@Nawsheen (22849)
• Mauritius
@DianneN haha. I have not been watching TV for over a week now. I have been so busy with some work related issues. I missed so many episodes of my favorite shows. But well work is more important
@Nawsheen Work should come first! You're very wise.
I am glad you had a nice day Dianne and I think to remember that tomorrow is another special day for you. I am saying nothing today, I will come back tomorrow.
Thank you, Sis! And many hugs to you.
@DianneN Here in Europe it's Tuesday, the 20th of June, Happy Birthday Dianne and a big HUG.
@hostessman (6611)
• Tucson, Arizona
everybody will be over for most of the day and evening
That's the best!
• Tucson, Arizona
@DianneN that is how i like it
We didn't do a lot. Were supposed to go to my brother's for a cookout, but my SIL cancelled it. Oh well. Wasn't feeling up to it anyway. LOL. My son was down in the dumps not being able to see his children. Breaks my heart for him. Hoping that one day soon it will be different. Lovely pic of you and your family.
I hope you feel much better now. Things always work out for the best somehow. I, too, hope things will be different for your son. It must be awful for him. And thank you. That was taken last Thanksgiving p!
@DianneN it isn't an easy pill to swallow. He is depressed over not being able to have contact with his babies. Breaks my heart.
I hope all your plans turned out perfect and he had the best Father's Day. I don't think your son wants to be anywhere else but at the ice rinks watching his kids, the reason he's a father. I will wish you a Happy Birthday tomorrow, here and on FB. If I forget, which I doubt, I hope you will have a wonderful birthday tomorrow.
Ice is his life right now, and he loves those babes of his. He managed to squeeze in a call to me and let me speak to the ice princess. She couldn't speak long. She had to finish her pancakes, with maple syrup, rink style, before two hours of ice practice. My grandson just finished an ice hockey game as goalie and was getting changed into street clothes. My son called his dad last night after phone tag all day. Typical. Many thanks. Another year, another wrinkle. lol
@DianneN Your wrinkles look like smiles. It's great that your son got a hold of his father after a long day of phone tag. What your son is doing now with his children will benefit him when they're older. They will always see him as the best dad ever.
@cacay1 (31790)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Happy Father's Day belated and Happy Birthday tomorrow Dianne.
Thank you so much, Erly! I appreciate your well wishes and hugs to you!
@cacay1 (31790)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DianneN , You are welcome all the time
@thelme55 (10821)
Enjoy your celebrations. I am sure our fathers in heaven are watching over us now. Maybe they have Father's day in heaven, too. Who knows.
Thanks so much, Thelma. I'm sure our fathers are friends already and are smiling down on us. . It must be extra tough for you.
@thelme55 (10821)
@DianneN Oh. I like that. They might be talking about us now Yes, it is tough to think I couldn't talk to him anymore when skyping to my home in the Philippines.
@bluesa (10549)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
My day was dishing out cupcakes . @DianneN you had a busy weekend again! I hope you and your hubby enjoyed your romantic dinner and will enjoy Tuesday night! And an early Happy Birthday to you my fabulous friend!
Thanks so much Catherine! Your cupcakes look very tasty. How about mailing me one for my birthday? lol
@bluesa (10549)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN , thank you If I could I most certainly would . I hope you have a day as fabulous as you are! And I love the family photo
My parents are no more and I have written a post of them
I just read it. It was very touching.
Good you guys have a plan for today and Tuesday.
Thanks. Looking forward to the celebration. It's always wonderful being together.
@DianneN oh i bet it is.
@sallypup (19226)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That's a lovely photo. We had a quiet day. Daughter lives far away but she did call and talk to her Dad for a few minutes.
Thanks, Lenore. That's about all we can expect when the kids live far away or are busy with their own lives, but we still feel the love.