My nursing home would contain....

@sallypup (16391)
Moses Lake, Washington
Here's a laundry list of what I would need if I were to move into communal elderly housing: Raised garden beds and hens in a coop. Bird feeders on pulleys so that the feeders would be easily gotten to. A little kitchen area for us inmates that were with it and needed some basic exercise: in this kitchen area would be a wheat grinder and a juicer or other gadget to make peanut butter with. For sure a blender and bowls and butter knives- nothing fancy, rolling pins. All the basics for making pie pastry and bread. A fridge that would have wheat germ and flax and sesame seeds in it- all healthy, life affirming goodies. And of course, there would be a room for literary readings. And books. Must have books. May Sarton and Emily Dickinson and Walt Whitman and of course Mary Oliver. Good, honest folks. And music. Must have music. For me, folk music. For you: you tell me?? What do you think? We have a few more years. Anyone want to join me in my ark? Want to climb aboard? Run away? Far away?
@Hate2Iron (6131)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
I like your list. I want to be busy when the time comes... not bored out of my mind. So, yes, I like your list!!
@sallypup (16391)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Hate2Iron If we as elderly persons just sit we will go down faster. Come join me in the revolution.
Sounds like a mighty fine place to me!!! As long as there are books galore, I am in!!!
Same as me plenty of books sign me up!
@sallypup (16391)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Marty1 All kinds of books or a certain kind?
@sallypup I think almost all kinds as i never read a sci-fi book and would like to try them. The same with fantasy never read one but would like to try them I think my ideal reading room would let me explore all genres. I would like to explore Philosophy more in the future.
At the assisted living place where my late mother in law went she could have had all of that in her own unit, or different things if she preferred. (well not the chickens) Not at the nursing home though.
@sallypup (16391)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@paigea I hope by the time I get more infirmed the nursing homes will have smartened up.
I'd love to run away. Can't. It's family. Enjoy yourself though.
@sallypup (16391)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@celticeagle I admire your fierce sense of fealty to family.
@sallypup .....My kids are all of a family we have left. My daughter and her two kids That's it. So we are pretty close.
@sallypup (16391)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@celticeagle I have my best friend, my hubby. My daughter is far away so if he goes first I will be alone.
@alberello75 (7811)
• Genova, Italy
In my view, there, it would lack the computer area (the technological area). However, although I am not old, I will not go into a communal elderly housing, but in a therapeutic community (for lifetime!), the day that I will miss my parents. I do not work and I'm mental disabled (75%)
@sallypup (16391)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@alberello75 Where ever you land, my friend, care for yourself with love and kindness.
• Genova, Italy
@sallypup What every human being should have: humanity, kindness fraternity. I, like every man, have my faults!
@sallypup (16391)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@alberello75 Truth? You sound very mentally healthy to me.
I feel like someday i will be in a nursing home, having no children of my own i do not see anyone taking me in. I just hope that i have my old family photos, and my genealogy stuff, i hope i am allowed a laptop with internet access, i hope i am allowed to scrapbook and write, i hope i do not have a annoying roomate.
@sallypup (16391)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@chrisbergstrom You are younger than me. I expect you to come care for me when the time comes. Please hurry.
@sallypup You are not that old yet Lenore i often feel like i am much older then i am lol
@Essjayd (992)
My ideal nursing home would have live bands every other night, a bar, recording studio, swimming pool, gym and a pool table! Must also be pet friendly and be situated next to a beach!! The day someone builds that place my names on the list
@sallypup (16391)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Essjayd Yes to the swimming pool and being next to a beach and of course pets.
• Riga, Latvia
If ever i needed a home for the elderly mine would need a kitchen that offered anything and everything anyone craves. a movie hall to watch videos, a dancing hall to get moving. music to stream each and every day and oh, yes, a bowling alley. Then perhaps I could survive.
@sallypup (16391)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@RasmaSandra You sound fun loving.
Raised garden beds: would be on my list too.
• Eugene, Oregon
Truly a dream residence you have conjured up. I am hoping to croak before I reach the state that would require such confinement and loss of freedom.
@sallypup (16391)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JamesHxstatic I hear you. Me, too.
@BettyB (4214)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I know its not a healthy choice but there better be ice cream in the freezer.
@sallypup (16391)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@BettyB If I land in a nursing home, I promise that I will indulge in ice cream every so often. Ice cream in the freezer for sure! Made from real, whole milk and whipped cream.
I could see having places to make things, and places to garden, tend animals, craft, and do, with young strong assistants, could be quite a wonderful place to be
That sounds like a very nice place to go to.
@SonjaRae (1651)
I have to pass...I want to find an Island to occupy and live out my days!