When thunder roars, get indoors

@Lizzyib (453)
I've posted before how we have been getting a lot of rain for the season. Yesterday afternoon we had a huge thunderstorm and to be honest I had never seen it rain so hard in such a little amount of time. Well, it resulted in some localized flooding. This was taken about a 5 minute walk from my house. I realize that in other parts of the world flooding like this is common, but around here it's not seen very often.
@jaiho2009 (39021)
Flooding is not common here in my country 2 decades ago. Sad to say that, with modernization and new technology with little rain there's flood all over the city where I live. Blame this to undisciplined individuals , plus big companies/manufacturers without proper drainage.
@Lizzyib (453)
We have fairly good infrastructure here, it's just the amount of rain in the last few months has been unprecedented.
@jaiho2009 (39021)
@Lizzyib with continues rain that's acceptable. But here in my place,even a short rain causes flood due to clogged drainage
@moffittjc (41191)
• Gainesville, Florida
We've been getting deluged with heavy rain here in Florida for about the past 10 days straight. The scene in your photo is about what it looked like here for the past week. Thankfully, today was a sunny day without any rain whatsoever.
@Lizzyib (453)
Hopefully you get a few more of those sunny days to help dry things out
@moffittjc (41191)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Lizzyib That would be nice, but we're into our typical summertime pattern now, which includes daily afternoon thunderstorms. It will be hot, sunny and muggy in the morning, and then the strong thunderstorms will fire up in the afternoon. Pretty much a daily pattern for the next three months. So I'm afraid all this rainwater is here to stay for a while. Which means very humid conditions and lots of mosquitoes!
@Lizzyib (453)
@moffittjc Ah yes. I have had the displeasure of visiting Florida in July. It's pretty much Satan's sauna.
@luispas (1719)
• Venezuela
What a shame for the owner of that car. It's so sad that this happened, sometimes people even lose their homes, it's terrible.
@Lizzyib (453)
I know, I'm lucky that this doesn't happen very often here.
@luispas (1719)
• Venezuela
@Lizzyib You're right, very very lucky.
Not seen here.. thats a ton of water.
@Lizzyib (453)
I know! I'm so glad I wasn't driving through it
@Lizzyib yeah thats a good thing.
@dgobucks226 (10644)
Do you live in a low lying area? That is a lot of water! I live by the shore and usually our roads are flooded after thunderstorms. Especially near the beaches. Does it happen to you frequently?
@Lizzyib (453)
Nope, that's the thing, we don't live in a high risk area for flooding. It's just that there has been so much rain lately the rain is running out of places to go
Your area really has been getting a lot of rain. Hope the flooding doesn't cause problems for people in your area.
@Lizzyib (453)
Luckily it recedes fairly quickly, thanks!
Oh wow, that car is nearly submerged. We don't get too much extreme weather, but there are occasional floods in some parts of England.
@Lizzyib (453)
We're like you, some places are notorious for flooding because they are near rivers and such, but not in my area.
@hereandthere (28867)
we have flashfloods here, too, when it pours suddenly and relentlessly. too much volume at once, but it subsides eventually. of course, it sucks when you're caught in it, while driving or walking.
@prashu228 (25821)
Awesome that's a lot of rain. I rains very less in our place.
Very wise advice there. Hope the weather improves.
Wow, that is a lot of water.