Laundrymat Required!

@SonjaRae (5797)
Have you ever waited too long to do your laundry, that you just don't want to, but know you absolutely have to go? Well that's exactly where I am right now at 3:30 pm on Sunday! I stripped the beds after my daughter and granddaughter left, and didn't go do laundry last weekend so now I have a few weeks of laundry towels plus all of the bed linens and comforters! It's time to stop being lazy, jump in the shower, and get the stuff loaded in my car.
We only have use of our washing machine. I have to hang our clothes to dry on racks and clothes hangers. Sometimes it takes up to 2 days for them to dry when it is humid. When my husband renovates the bathroom I will be without the use of the washer for a couple of days. This will mean I will need to bring the dirty clothes/linens to the laundry mat. That will be challenging to do with a 2 year old along for the ride.
@SonjaRae (5797)
Oh that will be LOADS of fun!!!! (literally, loads lol)
@SonjaRae I usually have at least one or two loads every day, so yay me!
@SonjaRae (5797)
• Eugene, Oregon
Well, with any luck, it will all be over and done in a couple of hours, than you can put things back together. I hope it works out that way.
@SonjaRae (5797)
It sure did! Thanks James!
I live im a retirement ceter amd I have my laundry dome fpr me eac Wedesday so thats lovely
@SonjaRae (5797)
Yes, I can imagine it is!
@CoralLevang (37303)
I'm dizzy. It's a cool house you have with baskets hanging from the ceiling! LOL
@SonjaRae (5797)
I don't know what you are saying sister but the picture is right side up on my end
@CoralLevang (37303)
@SonjaRae Upside down here.
@SonjaRae (5797)
@CoralLevang Hmm, not sure why!
It sure can stack up can't it? Good organization helps. And, it is nice that you can do something else too while the wash is going and the dryer.
@SonjaRae (5797)
It wouldn't have been so bad, if I didn't have the towels and bed linings.
@SonjaRae ......THere is always that. I hate that housework never really gets done.
@SonjaRae (5797)
Well.. we have a washer and dryer here in the house so we can do it whenever we want to. Day or night.. xsmall load or big load.. but when we didnt have them for a few months, we had to go least once a week.
@SonjaRae (5797)
Oh the convenience of having a washer and dryer!!
@SonjaRae yessss. We've had them for about 5 years. And before then, didnt have any for about a year and wasted so much money going to the laundry mat. Saves so much having them at home.
@mom210 (5807)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes, when we were first married we had a laundry there at the apartments, but it still was a trip away from home. It was still a pain, and I still did not want to do it. It was the same story for the first few years but a little later we rented a house and bought a washer/dryer. It was so nice to have it at home.
@SonjaRae (5797)
I understand. Something about dragging baskets all the way to the laundry facilities can be daunting!
I hope you are all done and home by now! At least it all gets done at once at the laundromat.!
@SonjaRae (5797)
Thanks. Yes it does.
It's laundry duty for you!
@SonjaRae (5797)
Certainly was!
Laundry day seems like everyday here.
@SonjaRae (5797)
Haha.
Not since buying my mini washer over three years ago. Even before that I washed when I got a full load. I hate piles of laundry. Still I was when I have a little to wash. I wash at home.
@SonjaRae (5797)
Are usually have only one basket and that's just me living alone. But with my granddaughter and daughter here I had quite a bit more in towels sheets blankets etc.
@PatZAnthony (11721)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Thankfully, we have a washer and dryer (both always seem to be in use) so we don't have to leave to do the laundry @SonjaRae
I feel you. I am behind. Now I am catching up.