No Pride, No Father's Day, No Family Visit.....

Banks, Oregon
Just seems like another crummy day today, of course i originally planned on going to the Portland Gay Pride Festival but due to autopay on my card my money got taken before i could get it out of the bank. I had planned to go still but then my friends decided they didnt want to go again.... And i don't have a great relationship with my dad so besides telling him on the phone Happy Fathers Day there is no special get together planned. Also i found out my Great Uncle is out visiting from Indiana, i texted him letting know i live right next to my Uncle George and he was welcome to come over this morning, well i heard nothing from him, and heard he's already headed to my Aunt Judi's so i guess i don't rank very high on his list of people to visit despite the fact i LIVE RIGHT ACROSS the road from my Uncle George who's house he left from. It just really hurts, and i am once again having a crummy fricking day and pissed off about multiple things. No money, no fun, nothing.. I really think i am just going to stop caring about things at all anymore as more i care or more i want to do i m constantly disapointed, maybe if i stop having hope or wanting to do something i will stop feeling so damn crappy....
The way I look at it and, have for years is my main concern is just my immediate family, the people who treat me like family. I have no use for any thing else.
i need to stop caring so much
Thats how i am. My mom, brother, and sometimes my grandmother. And now my cousin and her 3 kids. Thats it.
@Courtlynn I really need to do the same
@blitzfrick (2996)
::pats Chris on the back:: Back when I was depressed a lot, I'd say Blue skies, white clouds, over and over. Relatives can be crap, I have a family full of them. Sorry your day ended up in the dumps. What do you generally get a bit of fun out of doing?
Carol i usually enjoy doing genealogy and writing but even that i dont feel like doing at the moment, i like crafting but i dont feel like that either.... i just wanted to spend the day with friends this weekend and it just didnt turn out.... i hate being stuck at home all the time.
@chrissbergstrom Do you live where you can just go out and walk around the block? Fresh air can work wonders! I once complained on Twitter about being down in the dumps, or maybe I was feeling grumpy. Someone's suggestion: Eat more fiber! LOL, just the suggestion cheered me up. But it turns out that fiber does have some sort of effect on our moods.... See #4
It is certainly humbling to take a step back and recognize that so many aspects of our physiology are actually under the control of the countless microbe...
@blitzfrick Thanks yeah i actually went outside and played with my nephew for a hour or so and it cheered me up seeing how happy he was.
I am quite a bit older than you and know exactly how you are feeling. I don't want to get into the woes of my life but all I can offer is that you have to plowing forward and try to distract yourself with things you like.
@SonjaRae (5794)
Good advice John!
Thanks man i know i need to not let things get to me the way i let them i am way to damn emotional sometimes
@CoralLevang (40951)
Spot on here, John
Sorry your day hasn't gone well. Look forward to a better day tomorrow.
hope so
I felt like that for the longest time. It is not a good way to think or be. I hope your luck turns around soon
I sure hope so lately i jus have not had more then just a few moment of happiness
@chrissbergstrom yeah, that's sad and you deserve a good time!
@Courtlynn i really need just one really nice happy day it would do my world so much good
@sallypup (22094)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Know that I care.
Thank you Lenore i need some nice peace and trangquility i think i may try going on a walk tomorrow just me my camera and nature see if that helps
I'm sorry your not having a good day. =( I know the feeling of always being stuck home and disappointed. I hope you can find the good somehow. And I hope things get better for you soon.
i hope they get better soon to
Just reading some comments. Your brother seems to have the right idea. Hope things turn around.
Yeah my brother always had good advice i dont know why i dont listen to it more lol
@CoralLevang (40951)
I'm sorry for you to feel this pain. There is a lot of good advice on the thread. Even I needed to read it. Tomorrow is a new day!
Thanks Coral i wish i could say i feel better, i did try to go outside and spend time with my nephew and tha was fun.... but then i got into a big argument with a cousin online and went back to my bad mood.
@dodo19 (28125)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm really sorry to hear that you're having a bad day. It's never easy or pleasant when you have those kinds of days.
no it is hard to deal with depression
I am sorrowed to hear you are feeling this way. Our families can really hurt us. I hope things turn around for you soon.
i hope so to
@chrissbergstrom ......I do too.
Go get TR's dog and go for a long walk that will help you to relax.
i have a chiuauah dog of my own he went outside to play in the grass today, i dont like taking him to far though because other dogs.