I don't watch Naked and Afraid...

I don't, but my family does. I was heading towards the bathroom when an episode caught my attention. This woman was acting like a petulant child. Now I don't know the context / the entire situation but her partner basically said let's split up. He wanted to take the fire starter. I'm not sure if it was his or hers, but he wanted to take it. There was already a fire going and so I can't blame him for wanting to take the fire starter to make his own fire elsewhere.. He was calm about the situation. She, however, refused to let him take the fire starter and put out the fire already going, destroyed the coals so that he couldn't steal any from her. She looked ready to hit him. The producers intervened, asked her to tap out. Apparently earlier she had threatened to kill him. She was stressed. He was calm. I don't know what went on before. This could have been an act but then I don't know. I don't see her wanting to "tap out" and agreeing to some big charade for television. I think she had some form of mental break down and it was broadcast on television. I don't agree with her behavior but I also don't think it should have been aired the way it was. Oh well. Have you seen this particular episode? Can you fill me in?
Never seen a single episode. Lol
I don't go out of my way to watch it, but somehow end up watching segments of it when in the kitchen.
@xFiacre (8971)
@scribbledadnauseum I just wonder about the kind of people who go on such a show.
I don't know. I certainly wouldn't subject myself to harsh environments and the potential to do serious damage to my health.
I have never watched it. I always suspect those shows are staged. Anyway, they are contrived at the very least. They are put in a situation where they are competing and therefore set up to have contrived conflicts. I hate the whole genre of reality TV. The one I did watch a complete episode was Hoarders. And there I thought like you. Those people are deeply troubled and what they are going through should NOT be shown on TV.
I asked the relative who watches this one all the time? She said this particular episode, the man was a jerk and the woman had gone through a lot. I don't know... Yes, I watched big brother years and years ago but only with my mom.. Otherwise I am just not into thos reality shows. Well except for LivePD.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
I've never seen it, but promo's look like I don't want to, either.
Yeah, I don't get the appeal of it myself. My grandmother, aunt, and cousin watch it though.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
@ScribbledAdNauseum - Probably the same people that watched Survivor.
@teamfreak16 Wasn't that the very first "Reality" type show?
Never even heard of it. This is one which hasn't made it to our side of the pond. Yet.
@shivamani10 (9056)
• Hyderabad, India
oh...sorry. I missed it.
You watch it?
I have never watched this show. Whenever I visit my dad at the nursing home, that darn show is on due to staff choosing the channel on which that show appears. Dad is usually asleep when it is showing, but I always get that show off of his TV right away.
I can understand them choosing discovery, but I agree.. That kind of stuff is inappropriate.
I watched a few episodes and then quit watching it for so many reasons. Personalities collide and then you mix that would a awful situation and it gets bad. Sounds like this particular episode was horrible.