Which is it?

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
Commercials on TV...sometimes I wonder what they are really saying. Like the one I see quite often for Behr paint. It says it is "the best paint you can buy starting at under $25". Okay...fine. But is it "the best you can buy starting at under $25"...meaning it is the best you can buy? Or is it "the best you can buy starting at under $25" ...meaning if you want to spend more you can buy better? And this, my friends, is why I don't like watching TV. Too many unanswered questions.
@CoralLevang (25049)
Or maybe it is "the best YOU can buy (because you cannot afford anything) starting at $25" !!
• Olney, Illinois
Dammit woman now I'm even more confused!
@CoralLevang (25049)
@JolietJake You know me! Always have more questions about which someone can think! I hope you won't block me for asking you to think. I don't need to get more of a complex.
@LoriAMoore (11390)
And I don't like it when you answer a trivia question "more than 10" and they say you're wrong because the answer is "more than 20" - wait, isn't more than 10 still possibly more than 20 by default and therefore still correct?
and how do they know it's the best? Who decides what 'best' is?
@vsai2008 (1236)
I feel this is to increase the curiosity of the viewer.. LOL
@akp100 (12709)
Lol, that's surely confusing. May be another way to attract customer.
What I don't care for in the commercial line is how absurd they feel they have to be to get their point across. I tape most everything I like to watch on my DVR. Then I can FF through all the stupid commercials. There is one dog commercial I love. Infacet several but that is for another post.
@shivamani10 (9056)
• Hyderabad, India
The interpretation is left to the viewer. The English is totally becoming corrupt with uneducated who going on research everything.