I hate my new neighbours car!

Perth, Australia
We recently got new neighbours. I haven't met them yet. I don't even know how many people are in that house. It's a bit confusing because people keep going in and out of it all day. Since I live in a unit among other units, we all live very close together. I have a house right next to me on the left, one directly in front facing our house and another one in front and to the left. The front and to the left is where the new neighbours are. So anytime a neighbour leaves the house or comes back home, if I'm in the lounge room, I can hear them. The neighbours I do know, I like. I get on with them very well. Nothing about them have ever been a bother. Except these new neighbours. I don't know them personally yet but I HATE their car. I'm not good with cars so I can't tell you what kind of car it is but it's the engine. It is SO loud! It's such a loud rumble. A lot of the time, the driver will start the car and sit there for a while with the engine running. I have no idea why. The loud rumbling makes my head want to explode! The other day he was sitting out there for about 15 minutes! I was wishing he would just leave or turn the car off until he was ready to go. Every time they leave or come back, I need to go to a different room. I can still hear it no matter what room I'm in but the further back in the house I am, the better. Do loud cars bother you?
@hereandthere (19529)
another thing that would annoy me would be the smell of the exhaust.
• Perth, Australia
@hereandthere oh man I know! I hate that smell!
@VivaLaDani13 i'm glad the fumes doesn't reach you
@hereandthere The exhaust is the reason why this practice is not allowed in Switzerland. You cannot stay in a stopped car with the motor running.
@Daljinder (19240)
Are these the same new neighbors you were previously talking about? Beside this car thingy, how are they in person? Have you met them? Or seen them?
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder I can't remember what I told you recently but I'm guessing so since they are the only new neighbours. I haven't spoken to them. I have seen them a little bit through the window like a sneaky ninja.
@Daljinder (19240)
@VivaLaDani13 Peeping Tom are you?
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder Not in that way but yes sometimes I do be noisy. Have to check my hood is safe yo!
@vsai2008 (5518)
My neighbours dont have loud cars but they are very Loud people..I can hear them from anywhere in my home
• Perth, Australia
@vsai2008 I'm sorry! Do you mean loud talkers or do they play loud music or something?
@vsai2008 (5518)
@VivaLaDani13 They talk very loudly..In a 1BHK apartment, God knows how many people live..i sometimes feel they know only talking and not listening LOL
@vsai2008 (5518)
@Nawsheen (22899)
• Mauritius
I had a neighbor who was making such noises with his cars and motorcycles all throughout the day. We could no longer stand it and thus we made a complaint. Now it is better
• Perth, Australia
@Nawsheen I am so glad everything is better now! That is great news!
@Nawsheen (22899)
• Mauritius
@VivaLaDani13 I hope things get better for you too
• Perth, Australia
@Nawsheen Thank you!
@Mike197602 (13152)
• Worcester, England
Not really as such but loud anything bothers me. What I want most from neighbours is quiet
• Perth, Australia
@Mike197602 Me too! I don't know if it's my depression or just how I am but any loud sounds bother me a bit too much. Gives me a bit of anxiety or something. Like our TV for example. If it's too loud I need to quickly mute it or put the volume down. In fact nowadays certain sounds bother me. Like chewing, slurping...oh man makes me feel so much rage!
@Mike197602 (13152)
• Worcester, England
@VivaLaDani13 eating noises bother me a lot
• Perth, Australia
@Mike197602 Nice to know I'm not alone!
This sounds horrible. Keeping the car running is not allowed here because it is highly polluting. I do not know how are the Australian laws about this. Anyway you could talk to your neighbor.
• Perth, Australia
@LadyDuck I don't know about that either actually. I will have to look it up. I'm glad it's a law somewhere though. This world already has so much pollution already!
@VivaLaDani13 In the cities people are required to turn off the engine also at the traffic lights.
• Perth, Australia
@LadyDuck Cool. I never knew that ever took place! Such a great idea!
I also hate my neighbors car and, all loud cars lol.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Oh man that would drive me nuts!
@VivaLaDani13 They have gotten much better, but I still know the feeling and, it's so annoying you can't concentrate.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 That's exactly right. Like the other night my dad and I were talking but when I heard the car start the engine, I had to ask dad to hold the conversation for a few minutes because I couldn't hear myself think.
@diosabella (4848)
Maybe its modified for racing. I hate those kind of cars too. Whenever they leave or in middle of the night I feel that the car is beside my bed and my sleep's already ruin.
• Perth, Australia
@diosabella Good point. Not sure though. And yeah I know exactly what you mean! Cars like that are seriously a pain in the neck!
@VivaLaDani13 Not just the car. But most probably the owners of the car.
• Denmark
What hinders you from going out the next time and asking *politely* if the driver can do without the engine getting warm for 15 minutes. After all, you don't live in Siberia or Alaska where this may be necessary in winter. Tell them that you often suffer from a migraine and that you simply can't stand the noise.
• Perth, Australia
@MALUSE I guess cause I am shy is one. And I feel awful having my first meeting with them being a compliant. Luckily I haven't heard their loud car in quite awhile now. In fact I'm still very confused with what's going on with that house. One day they are there and the next the house is empty.
@mandala100 (16419)
That's really so annoying. I think that new neighbhors of yours is so insensitive to the rights of others.
• Perth, Australia
@mandala100 I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't just sit in the car like that for awhile. Sometimes it's really late at night. We are all living so close together so it's very loud.
@gilggg (2212)
• Israel
Previously I lived in an apartment opposite a bus stop, this is the first stop of the driver to apply his route, The drivers would arrive at the station before they were invited to start and wait with the engine on until the start of the journey. It was very annoying to wake up in the morning from the noise of the bus's motor ... I wish the transport vehicles would be with a quiet electric motor...
• Perth, Australia
@gilggg oh I know what you mean! Those buses are so loud! I catch public transport often. Waiting at a bus station, I can hear the buses waiting for people to get off or on. Very loud when standing near by.
@ilocosboy (21930)
It's irritating, in our place there's an ordinance prohibiting the use of loud mufflers.
• Perth, Australia
@ilocosboy I wish loud mufflers would just stop in general. So many people have it. It's loud and annoying.