Do you beat kids?

parenting
@berry9 (590)
I'm not sure if hittting kids is necessary to mould them correctly. My mom always beats us when we were kids and still believes. My kids are 4 years old and never obey us until we scare them with a stick though I don't beat them as such. But by the time I make them do something, my heart almost pops out. I have tried timeout methods too but it doesn't work always. So is beating a better way?
@dodo19 (28125)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Honestly, I don't think that beating is the best solution. I have kids too, 5 1/2, 4, and 2 1/2. Yes, they will misbehave, but beating them has never been a good solution, in my opinion. I don't think they learn anything from it. It's better to just try and talk to them. It's not always easy, but eventually we do get through to them. This is what works for us. But each child is different. Maybe you can try and find a way that works for you. If timeouts don't work, then try and think of something else that may work for your kids.
Spanking in discipline is much different than senseless beating of anyone . . . especially children but they need to be guided and I see nothing wrong with time outs, punishment and an occasional smack on the rear !
Like @dodo19 says, every child is different. I never once had to beat my son - and was he a busyobdy.
@nanette64 (13899)
• Fairfield, Texas
I always spanked my daughter @berry9 . That time-out crap doesn't work. She also knew that I would spank her no matter where we were.
• Pleasant Hill, California
How old is she now?
@nanette64 (13899)
• Fairfield, Texas
@TheHorse She's 46.
No, I will never beat my child. This is not my style. I even think it is wrong to beat the children.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I agree with you.
@jaiho2009 (39077)
Not all the time. I understand raising kids is not easy and some times we need to hit them to scare or to teach them. As a parent ,it hurt us more each time we hit or beat our kids, but it doesn't stop them for being stubborn, kids are kids anyway. I don't beat my kids when they were small, I hit them though with a slipper or soft things. But talking to them and explaining works best.
@jaiho2009 (39077)
@HAPPSINGH having 3 kids, you can tell how expert I am
@jaiho2009 (39077)
@jaiho2009 (39077)
@HAPPSINGH fine and tired buddy
@SHOHANA (7134)
• Bangladesh
I'm unmarried n I've no kids but i hate those parents who beats their kids
My kid is 3 and likes to not mind us. Spanking his butt is like the last straw when I get angry because I don't like to do it, but I have done it on occasion to get him to mind me.
I do believe that being a parent needs too much patience. I scolded my daughters sometimes and I'm worried they would be too tame, when this came to my mind, I would encourage them, I really do not know how to be a good mother
@waflay (2729)
• Nairobi, Kenya
It's not good to always beat your kids because at one point they may get used to it and so have nothing to fear.And you can talk to them so they know what you expect of them.