Annoyed, ready to switch.

Once again my appointment was 45 minutes before I was called in, and I was there 20 minutes early! So tired of this. Then on top of that.. my doctor just sucks. (many people have said it, young and old). She constantly tries to tell you what to do, instead of hearing you, the patient, say no and then moving on. And she's trying to tell me that my depression isn't whats making me tired, and birth control in the past isn't what made me gain weight. As if she's me, and in my head, and was there when I was on birth control and gained it. Or as if I haven't been dealing with the depression for almost 9 years to know thats whats going on. I'm SO ready to switch to another doctor office. Just don't know which one's take my insurance, so have to look that up.
@dodo19 (24545)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
You definitely should switch doctors. I definitely would. Doctors are supposed to help and listen to the patient. Not dictate and ignore the patient. You definitely know yourself better than she does.
Right. Thank you! My mom agrees with me, ans even says she doesn't like her either. As her, my brother and i all have her for our dr.
@dodo19 (24545)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Courtlynn I think that it might also be time for your mom and your brother to change doctors as well.
@dodo19 my mom wants to. But my brother doesnt. As it is a hassle to switch, plus he already did a payment plan with them.
@HazySue (12127)
I recently changed doctors for the reasons you mentioned. I hated waiting for half an hour to an hour to see the doctor. I know it cannot be helped sometimes but every time? I also have a real problem if they do not listen to you. How in the world do they know what is going on with you if they don't let you tell them?
Exactly. I started crying because she was trying to say I'm tired for something other than the depression I've been dealing with off and on for 9 years, but really bad since mid-april. I know why I'm tired, i know whats causing my depression. I dont need her bs of wanting to be right. Her job is not to be right its to be a doctor.
@HazySue (12127)
@Courtlynn I absolutely agree. I think you need someone who will listen to you instead of arbitrarily decide that you are just tired.
@HazySue she thinks its my thyroids making me gain weight and having the depression. Cuz the levels are higher than SHE wants. Umm i haven't gained any weight (or lost much) in 3 years. So how am i gaining weight from something i dont have issues with?
@tammys85 (6189)
I would definitely see who else takes your insurance asap. You don't need to put up with that and/or feel uncomfortable with your doctor.
Exactly. Gonna see tomorrow.
@tammys85 (6189)
@Courtlynn I hope you find a better doctor than the one you have now.
@tammys85 i better. Lol
My last doctor was like this. I went to him because I was having really bad migraines that would last for days at a time. They would get so bad that I couldn't do anything other than lay in bed and cry. If I tried to get up or do anything I would get really dizzy and throw up. He told me that I didn't have migraines and that it was because I weighed too much. He also made some kind of comment about my menstrual cycle but I don't remember what he exactly said. I ignored him both times because one I am a woman and have had my cycle for 10 years so obviously I know more about it than a man who ahs never had one. Also, I know my body better than anyone else and when something is wrong or isn't wrong I know it because even if he can't find something or doesn't, believe me, doesn't mean that I don't feel it or not feel it. I also got a second opinion on the migraines and they diagnosed me with it and told me that it was very clear that my symptoms were migraine symptoms and since I was healthy in every other way it made sense. There had also been many complaints about him from almost everyone including the nurses that worked for him. My mother bleed for 3 months straight and it would stop and then it started again and didn't stop for almost a year. He kept telling her it was menopause and/or she was anemic but she only became anemic because of her bleeding all the time. He told her it was nothing to worry about for awhile and then couldn't get her to stop bleeding at all. My mother continued to tell him that something more serious was going on because she could feel it but he just blow her off like she didn't know anything. At the time a woman doctor was there and she looked at my mom's case and with one visit she stopped my mom from bleeding and had her scheduled for a full hysterectomy because she had multiple ulcers on her uterus and they were never going to completely stop bleeding unless she got it removed. He was one of those doctors that thought he was the sh*t and know one knew anything but him. He didn't like it when people suggested other things or already knew what was wrong with them before the appointment. My dad had gout and has had it many times in the past and when he went for an appointment to get medicine for it the doctor told him that he couldn't possibly know what it was and that he was wrong. So a nurse did my dad's blood work and he had to pay a ton of money for the doctor to just call him back a week later and tell him it was gout. He just liked to think he was better than everyone else and knew it all. The funny thing is that he wasn't even an actual doctor but just a PA.
Yeah thats sad. Glad they figured it all out for you all though
@Courtlynn I am gladder that he left the place and there are two new doctors there now. I have heard though that the new man isn't any better than the old one though but I am scheduled to see the woman doctor when I go in July.
@CaseyRoss9966 yikes. Hopefully thats just he said
You definitely need a doctor who listens to you. Good luck!
Thanks
@Courtlynn Welcome
@HAPPSINGH (101361)
Aw sorry for that. Please take care hope you be able to sort out the issue soon
Hopefully. Sick of it.
@HAPPSINGH (101361)
@Courtlynn I can understand your pain.. Happens sometimes
I hope you find a great new doctor that accepts your insurance.
Thanks. Its the great doctor part thats a hassle. Lol
Well I am not a doctor but by listening to you I would say cake and cookies cause a weight gain Now know I am picking and joking with you. Sometimes people do need to change doctors to get what they need.
I havent gained any weight in 3 years. And thats with eating alot of "bad" foods. So i havent gained any weight since my physical in February, which means she has no evidence of me gaining weight from supposable thyroid problems. Which is my point on her saying its from supposable issues. When i know its from the depo.
@LeaPea2417 (10656)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I hope you find a better doctor.
Trying. Hard to tell whos good though.
I hope that you can find a good doctor.
Thanks
It's so important to have a doctor that listens to you so I hope you can find a new one that can treat you with an open mind
Thanks. Hoping so.
@BettyB (4214)
• Summerville, South Carolina
It's important to have a doctor you can trust. It makes a big difference. You need to look for a new one.
Yes. Planning too.
@hostessman (5481)
• Tucson, Arizona
i agree with you, sounds like you need to switch
Thank you!
I hate being early to an appointment and end up waiting way longer than my appointment scheduled. I would switch doctors if you can.
@Rhombus (229)
• South Africa
Our family doctor is about 100 years old. I prefer the older ones, they seem calmer and not trying to prove themselves. I would never go to a female one, I don't know why exactly. I think females in general focus on the problem instead of the solution.
My doctor's old, least to me. Shes probably 50ish. She just wants things her way and isn't caring.
@Rhombus (229)
• South Africa
@Courtlynn Try find an older male doctor. Perhaps a fresh perspective is needed. Also, you're the one paying for this, your needs and concerns should be met (not hers).
@Rhombus i won't have a male doctor. Seen too many movies. Aha. Plus not even uncomfortable with women doctors.