What to Read? What to Read?

I just finished reading a very good book called A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. It's a heartwarming story about a grumpy old man who lives alone (we find out later in the book his wife has died) and then gets caught up in life once again when new neighbors move in next door and create all sort of havoc (in a good way). Now I'm starting my next book which is Extreme Prey by John Sanford. This is a thriller where Lucas Davenport (hero in all the prey books) has to thwart a potential murder of a political candidate. It was hard to chose this book because I have so many here to read. But, I haven't read a Prey book in ages and they're always riveting. If you like murder and mayhem then these books will be right up your alley. Since my last book was a "feel good" type of book I figured I'm ready for some adventure and heart pounding suspense. Are you reading anything interesting?
I am reading Roast Morten by Cleo Coyle which is great, and Revenge Wears Prada the devil returns By Lauren Weisberger which is a sequel to Devil Wears Prada I read some years ago! I am in the beginning but so far, pretty good!
I did read Devil Wear Prada many years ago (as well as seeing the movie). I'll have to check out the second one
@Marilynda1225 I have not seen the movie and don't remember the plot of Devil Wears Prada so am going to read that one again in the future. Was the movie good? My sister mentioned the movie, and I didn't even know it was also a movie. Will read both books instead before the movie if I can stream it on Netflix or the other two streaming services I have. I am looking forward to reading the rest of it and the first book.
Truth or die by Patterson. So far its good and I am just a few chapters in.
Patterson is my favorite author even though I read many others. Great book so enjoy!!
I just finished a wonderful book called "Follow the River".
I'm always looking for a good book
I don't read so much as I used to (on here too much!), but I like family saga type stories.
Still plodding along on my Reagan/Nixon book
@nomus24g (16481)
I am currently reading this...
@Freelanzer (6459)
Always happy to read an interesting book though too busy right now.
@dragon54u (31339)
I love the Prey books! It's always a special treat when a new one comes out. Have you read the Alex Delaware series by Jonathan Kellerman? They are just as good, not as much action but really riveting and the characters are great. He is a psychologist whose best friend is a cop and they get all kinds of interesting cases you'll never solve by yourself. Thanks, I will try to get Ove from my library, I like books like that. I have not read anything interesting lately, I can't seem to find anything that holds my attention. I go through phases like this but none have lasted this long. I have a lot going on in my life right now so that's probably the reason! Hopefully, Ove will break the dry spell!
I never read anything by Jonathan Kellerman but I've heard his books were good. I'll add him to my list as I do like mystery/thriller types of books.
I have made a note of some interesting sounding ones recommended here - and I'll try to get them to read during my spare time.
I am currently reading an Inspector Montalbano mystery which is Italian.
@manasamanu (3756)
• Bangalore, India
No I have been away from story books from some time since I am caught up with my textbooks.
@RubyHawk (21393)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I've just started Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls. I've only read a few pages but I think it will be a good read.
@mandala100 (25384)
I'm now reading "Need You Now" by James Grippando. I'm still on its preliminary pages.
Right now I am looking up interesting things and read about them.
@spiderdust (2760)
• San Jose, California
I've been rereading Clive Barker's book Sacrament. I wouldn't call it a "feel good book" as he usually writes horror, but it's not exactly a horror novel either. It does have suspense and supernatural elements.
I just read Camino Island by John chrisham it is a wonderful story with plenty of twist and turns.
Well, I finished Loving Frank, which was fabulous, about Frank Lloyd Wright and his mistress. Wright built so many homes in Oak Park, IL and our first house was in Oak Park, IL. I liked that I could recognize so many streets, schools, business etc. in that suburb while reading.
Yes, but it may only be interesting to me. It is about the rise of Julius Caesar. lol