I Agree To Disagree Peacefully

Anniston, Alabama
Who is right and who is wrong? When people open up and say they like what the current President is doing ya better watch out! Here comes the song and dance of what the people want and what they do not want. Some people stay completely away from the subject of politics, usually I do because there seems to be a battle of the " parties, democrats/ Republicans" and nothing at all about what they need in life and who they should contact to ASK for things. The health insurance subject is a big thing for me, why? Because it has been one sided way to long. When I was in my early 20`s I needed health insurance but it cost to much, so I saved money up to go to the doctor., $300 per visit back then. Got what I needed and all was good for 20 years. Then another cancer scare, oh yeah I did not mention I had cancer, But all those years each time I thought I should have health insurance I could not afford it, so when I had to have organs removed because of tumors and possibly ovarian cancer, I went to the hospital and I asked for help and know what? They helped me and they gave me a free operation, yeah even if I did own a couple houses. And here I am 12 years later healthy. Now back to ....The previous governor of Alabama said no to Obama care, why? He was a Doctor. Knowing the enforced insurance would put many families in the poor house. The co pay for each visit would also be higher than a self pay visit. And with the loop hole that is big as the state of Texas, if you do not work... YES...you do not have a job you can have it free! Hmmmm, even a dumb a z z can see the good there! FREE and more free, who will pay for all this free health insurance? I would love to have insurance, but I think every single person should pay the exact same payment. A low payment. Then everyone could afford it. If you do not work and are able, you still pay Wanna know why I say it like that? You would no believe how many people work under the table ( for those who do not know, that means work and paid cash and not filed on any tax forms, unknown that they had worked, that they do have an income) I think its fair! that makes no one better than the other. The same price for everyone no matter if they go to the doctor or not. preexisting or healthy. The USA is or was a free country, until you are forced to pay for something you cannot afford. BUT that is just my opinion on healthcare. Come on down Trump haters! give me your opinion on healthcare, and please lets leave off the " every new president investigate soap opera thing, look back in history its always happened" Hey remember when Bill Clinton said he smoked pot? Photo by Andria Perry - a photo of my t.v.
I don't do politics. But do think everyone should get health insurance. Just not the same payments.
Why not do say $50 a month for each person? that would be fair. The lady I know in Florida lives in a doctors office for $100 a month= $300 for three months, if I go once every three months I would have to pay $1,200. Does that seem fair?
@andriaperry becsuse not everyone can afford that $50. Those who work should always pay more. In my opinion.
@Courtlynn If someone does not work they get it free. No its not fair for me to pay more than anyone else, no one is any better than anyone else. working or not. Because we have the option to work or not to work. You can be whatever you want to be in life, if you just get up and try, I could never hate anyone because they are rich, because they have earned it. And I do not hate anyone who wont work and has nothing. You can only get what you want out of life, work for it and get it or chose to do nothing and have nothing, that is my opinion. But why take my money and not yours?
• Lakewood, Colorado
Glad you got your cancer taken care of Andria and are alivin' today. I think health insurance should not be mandatory..meaning I don't think anyone should have to pay a fine if they don't have it. Would be good if it were all the same low price for all.
Then more people would buy it and not B i tch!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@andriaperry Yes..it baffles me the stupidity..just get it done you know?
With Trumps plan my friend, nobody who doesn't have a job will have insurance period.
But you see Trump cannot just DO it like Obama did, it has to be voted in by congress , that is why its good to get people voted in, in your state that stand for what you want and believe.
@andriaperry Obama couldn't just do it either, but he did at least accomplish where everyone would be covered, they won't be this way, it's the same as when Bush came in suddenly the Oregon health plan was cancelled.
@anniepa (26469)
@andriaperry President Obama didn't "just DO it", it WAS voted in by Congress after over a year of hearings and televised debates with over 100 amendments being added by Republicans. The Republicans in the Senate are now doing it all in secret.
Obama had the best answer ever: "Of corse I inhaled. That was the point."
LOL.
this is a very tough call there.We all need this.
Yes we need health insurance at a reasonable price for all.
@anniepa (26469)
@andriaperry Why? Doesn't God cure everyone he chooses to cure and allow the rest to die?
@dragon54u (31301)
You are a brave person, Andria! Maybe it's because it is Monday and my new grandchild could start to make her appearance at any time (she was due on the 13th!) but I would just not be up to all the drama of taking on both politics and health insurance! You know my story, I think, so I understand the point you are making. I probably won't last till this new little one starts kindergarten unless something is done with insurance rates but that's okay, I've had my life and I'm ready to go home, so to speak. But there are thousands if not millions of people younger than me that also can't afford the insurance rates. This will be an interesting discussion to follow! Edit: I have noticed that many people use the words "health care" and "health insurance" interchangeably and this creates a lot of misunderstandings. The politicians started it in order to confuse people and make the issue of insurance inflammatory and yet we continue to use the phrases incorrectly. HEALTH INSURANCE is mandatory now, health CARE is not. Someone said below that "health care should not be mandatory" and it makes sense only if she is talking about insurance. I probably should make a separate discussion, maybe I will when I'm a little less tense.
You are right, the price of insurance has nothing to do with healthcare , everyone needs the care whether they have insurance or not.
@dianadee (1767)
• South Africa
One price for all sounds good, but not very probable! There are some people making heaps of money from healthcare! Sidekicks are the norm. Here we call it bribery and corruption.
I do think that some countries are worst than others.
@dianadee (1767)
• South Africa
@andriaperry That is very true. Some people are used to bartering goods or time!
I have been so blessed my whole life. I was taken care of by Air Force doctors for free and dental too until I married my husband and throughout our marriage I have barely paid a thing . His insurance has been superb. I feel terrible for those that can't afford to go to a doctor.
It is harder when you own your own business, I have to pay for everything. Some times I wonder why I try to be something and not just quit and get in the welfare line.
Politics make me want to scream so i try not to discuss them to much for my own sanity
I agree this gets out of hand when I am told what I like is WRONG! I like keeping a few dollar of my money, that is not wrong.
@andriaperry my uncle said that we are to obey and believe the president no matter what and is disagreeing with him is an attack on the country it's like what in the heck are you talking about how can someone believe that
@SonjaRae (5797)
LOL?..I remember when he said "I did not have inappropriate relations with Monica." Then retracted later about pergering himself on the stand, saying "oh, I thought you meant right then on the stand!" I agree that healthcare in the US is ridiculous. I wrote a discussion a couple months back titled The Unafforable Health Care Act, while I was experiencing my own set of issues, and how disheartening it is to have insurance and still be unable to afford the crazy co-payments.
Yeah, Bill Clinton should have been booted but money talks when slipped into off shore bank accounts. I am selling out on my business now because I cannot afford to live nice, in the past five years ( the Obama time) I have sold half of the rentals, as for sale by owners to those who have bad credit because of the Clinton`s Fannie Mae thing. My list of bills reads like this : Homeowners insurance - the rentals. Car insurance - Mandatory Life insurance - Who has $10,000 to bury me? Well, you get the point..... nothing on that list says vacation for Angie.
@KrauseHome (32872)
Personally, I think you hit it on the button there. People should be responsible for their own Health Care to some extent, and everyone pay the same. Why should someone with $40,000 and married get Free Health Care when a disabled person, or Vet goes without. Or has to choose between Medical or Food. Anyone who disagrees with you needs to quit living in Dream land and realize there are many people who struggle financially just because they have to have some form or Healthcare.