Mission Accomplished!

1 kilometre to go
@Morleyhunt (14224)
Sunday morning was an early wake up. I walked the 1.5 kilometres to the shuttle pick up point. From there we were shuttled to the starting point (gathering spot) for all of those making the trek from New Brunswick to Prince Edward Island. The start was delayed by 30 minutes....then finally we walked about a kilometre to get to the starting point. I was in the middle of the crowd (it was a thick mass of people) when the clock started. For the first kilometre I spent a lot of my time weaving from one side of the bridge to the other trying to get past people who were not trying to walk the bridge quickly. Then I shook off most of the slow walkers and could set a steady pace. There was still some weaving back and forth, but at least it was no longer constant. When I had walked 13 km the time was 2 hours and 3 seconds. That had been my goal, but because of the amount of weaving I had done I was not yet across the bridge. My total distance was 13.3 km in 2 hours and 2 minutes...not bad for a 61 year old.
Not bad at all. Good job.
@Morleyhunt (14224)
I was pleased with the time. Before the day was over, I had walked about 24 kilometre....I was tired.
@Morleyhunt thats alot.
That's fantastic. My feet hurt if I try to walk too far, I think I might .... stressing might .... be able to walk a mile if it's not uphill but I'm 6 years older than you.
@Morleyhunt (14224)
The start of the bridge was up hill...then the middle was up more....after that it was all level or downhill. I did train to be able to do this. The first days I was building on walking a mere mile.
I recall reading a post about that a while back @Morleyhunt looks like your training paid off.
Congratulations, you did a great job. You are right, it's a very good score, even for younger women.
@Morleyhunt (14224)
I was proud of myself. Now I need to keep it up for my own personal fitness.
@Morleyhunt It's extremely hot right now, even early in the morning. I hope that next week will be better.
Congratulations that is awesome. Great time too. I am so proud of you. After the heart attack i suffered this weekend I am glad I did not attempt it but I will be there next year and in much better health.
@Morleyhunt (14224)
My weight has dropped and my fitness improved since I started to work towards my goal of walking the bridge. Now I need to keep it up....I still have a lot of extra pounds to work off.
@Morleyhunt that is great...keep up the good work
Not bad, you are underestimating that, you did an excellent job! You even managed to get a great shot here.
@Morleyhunt (14224)
I'm hoping to keep up with the walking, and to walk that distance at least once a week. We'll see if I can keep it up.
@CoralLevang (30429)
Congrats!!!
@Morleyhunt (14224)
Thank you.
congrats!! i'm so danged proud 'f ya :) mercy, if'n ya add'p all yer other walkin' with the actual walk, ya need a bucket 'f ben 'n jerry's, lol.
@Morleyhunt (14224)
We went out for a lunch of fish and chips....then we planned to have an ice cream, but were stuffed (couldn't finish lunch). Monday morning we had some COWS ice cream.....Canada's number one icecream.....right at the factory. Yumm.
@Morleyhunt lucky folks! a well deserved celebration 'f the fruits 'f yer efforts :)
@Morleyhunt (14224)
@crazyhorseladycx and now we are home....and we need to get back to real life.
Well done you! By the time I got to the start I would have done enough walking for one day!
@Morleyhunt (14224)
I'm trying to keep up with the walking. Yesterday morning I walked 15 km before 9:30 AM. Unfortunately the sky opened up when I was on the return part of the walk and I came home totally saturated
@Morleyhunt 15 km is a good old hike! That's wonderful. I really admire you.
thats for sure I could not ave done that at t hat age good ffor you
@Morleyhunt (14224)
I want to be able to do it again. Next time I do it. I go with my husband...then it will be a slow leisurely stroll...probably three hours.
@valmnz (12531)
• New Zealand
Good on you! I'm so glad I found this, as I missed it when I was absent from here for about a month.
Way 2 go