Rough Day at the Food Shelter

@Trensue (5253)
So most of the time working at the Food Shelter is a joy. Today it was a nightmare. I don't understand people who misuse the system and make it hard for everyone. There is a woman who has seven dogs. She feels that she can come get people food and feed her dogs. A woman comes in crying because the items she need she sees the dogs eating in the parking lot. There is an animal shelter that will take the dogs if she can't feed them. The director went to try and solve the problem and the woman got the dogs after him. So everyone loses. The dogs have been taken away. The owner is in jail and not welcome back, the woman still didn't get the items she needed. I went and purchased the items myself for the crying woman. Why are people like this?
Very self centered, and not practical at all. I used to express an opinion about the extremely poor people owning pets, often too many pets. My sister would just say to me "even poor people deserve pets." I don't get it. My mom would often try to raise animals to sell or would allow herself to own too many. She could not care for them. At one time when I was little we had thirty two cats and kittens. No food banks or food stamps or commodities then. We just lived on very slim rations, and so did the cats, I am sure.
Some people value their pets more than other people but 7 is too many for anyone to own especially someone who can't afford to feed them.
@Trensue (5253)
I agree. She is one who "shops" all the food banks and stocks up. Not really what it is all about.
@Trensue I had a daughter in law like that, and then was too good to eat some of the food she was given.
@Trensue There are those people in every town, we finally had to coordinate with all the other food banks to see who was getting what and when. We don't want people to go hungry but we don't want people who play the system either.
@bunnybon7 (37400)
• Holiday, Florida
lots of people would give her scraps and stuff for the dogs. i understand loving your dog enough to give it your food but not from the mouths of letting others starve. she must be crazy
Oh no that is very low of her to do this. It is good that the owner is now in jail. Wow..I think that is really bad when the poor other woman was crying.
@Trensue (5253)
I understand that people love their dogs, but this got out of control quickly.
@Trensue Yeah that is crazy for sure..out of hand and to sik the dogs on the poor guy..nah.
Oh my goodness, that was quite a day. I hope your next shift goes better.
@Trensue (5253)
I am just a volunteer. I will probably take a break lol.
@Trensue A break is a good idea. It is wonderful that you do that work.
@1hopefulman (32447)
They are just selfish people and very uncaring and unloving. That was very nice of you to help that other poor woman.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
Nothing makes sense anymore @Trensue . I'm glad you were able to help that one lady.
I think the woman needs to understand the importance of responsibility. I hope she will learn something from this incident.
@dodo19 (33604)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
This is crazy. I have no idea how some people can do this. If she can't feed the dogs, maybe she shouldn't have had so many dogs in the first place. It was really nice of you to help the crying woman and for your manager to try and help solve the problem.
I wish she did not go to jail. She was wrong in how she went about it. but after all she was trying to feed the dogs. She clearly has way more than she can handle. maybe let her keep the one she loves the most. Hook her up with a panty near her home. And get her back to some normal routine. People are always jumping for joy to see people in jail. if people who were never arrested could spend one day in lockup. It would show them just how horrible jail is. the worst part is she is elderly. She will be in there with all walks of life. If she has even toothpaste and a pillow case she could get beat for that. It was not a situation for jail time. There are bombs killing people go put them in jail. Little old ladies need a stern talk and a ride home. Maybe even a phyc evaluation would be good. But jail. No freaking way.
• Austin, Texas
Some people just don't care about other people. Cruel fact.
• Richfield, Utah
There really needs to be a face palm button for this. Granted, I love my dog, but there's dog food for a reason. Hell, id rather see my kids eat before me. Smh sorry you had to witness that
Wow that's crazy. I don't understand why anyone would do that. That's way too many dogs to not be able to feed them.
I love animals but like you people comes first, you can always give the dogs away for better care.
That was very nice of you. There are so many selfish people around.