Making My List And Checking It Twice

https://pixabay.com/en/checklist-clipboard-questionnaire-1622517/
@HazySue (19974)
It sounds like Santa is in the area. No, it's not a list of all the good and bad little boys and girls. It is a list of all the things I have been putting off doing because I haven't wanted to deal with them. I have become a first class procrastinator. I have let things go that I know I need to take care of but just plain don't want to be bothered with. Today that is coming to an end. I hope. I think. Well, I am going to try. I am making my list in order of importance and following it to the letter. I think. So, to help me along I will not be writing today other that this little post. The only writing I will be doing is here off and on when I comment an connect. every other writing will have to be put on the back burner. I wonder if I will have withdrawal? What is everyone out their in myLot land doing with their day? Whatever it is I hope you are enjoying it.
I was born a first class procrastinator I think. Yesterday I listened to a talk about energy stealers, something I was led to from this discussion. I even downloaded a worksheet. As I was sort of doing the worksheet I had to list three things I've done to improve my situation. So in order to have something to write, I made a phone call I have been putting off . And I started a list like yours. It has one thing on it and I left it to finish later I think I will try to get that one thing done before I leave for work shortly. Good luck to both of us!
Sometimes we need some inspiration and some coaching to get on the right track. I want you to meet Kris Carr. She is a multiple New York Times best-selling...
@HazySue (19974)
I love it. I find that even though I make a list I still have to force myself to complete it. But, if I have a list I can't use the excuse that I forgot all about that thing I needed to do.
@HazySue I have to force myself too. I have an on line place where I post my lists with others and we cheer each other on. That helps most days. Unless I procrastinate logging in there.
@HazySue (19974)
@paigea that would be me, procrastinating in signing on. Actually it is a good idea. It always helps to have a group giving you that encouragement.
I have put off one thing for tomorrow - since it will rain all day I will iron. I only iron once a month or so and it's time.
@HazySue (19974)
It sounds like you might be a part time procrastinator. If I put it off for the rainy day I most likely sill wouldn't do it.
Wishing you great success with turning over a new leaf!!! I am a non-procrastinator to the max, but that is not always good either since I want everything done a.s.a.p, which is unrealistic for sure.
@HazySue (19974)
I actually admire someone who knows what needs to be done and goes ahead and does it. I guess it could be a problem if it makes you crazy trying to get everything done NOW.
I hope you stick to your list and get things done. =) I am babysitting today, in about an hour. I will be here on and off like always between doing other things.
@HazySue (19974)
I did get a couple of things done. I still have more left than I want to think about. Hope you have a good day.
I would turn off your computer / laptop / whatever device you are using and get to work. If you have the temptation of the internet you won't get anything done! Atleast that's been my own experience. I am here watching a documentary and in between doing some research on magazines and the such that I can publish to and get a little cash (if they accept said publication).
@HazySue (19974)
My list consisted of things to do while outside my house. I ended up having to wait to see certain people and take care of things that I really didn't want to take care of or think about. Hope they accept your publication.
@HazySue I hate having to wait to take care of something that I just want to get out of the way! I also hate waiting on people, especially when they are notoriously late! Thank You. I am also considering trying to publicize to chicken soup for the soul.
@HazySue (19974)
@ScribbledAdNauseum That is part of my problem. Waiting. If I could just get it done I would be thrilled but I end up waiting on other people. I love the chicken soup books. I hope you do get published with them.
Nice day but hot.
@HazySue (19974)
It is hot here too. I thank goodness every day for air conditioning.
@HazySue .....Today it is nice, n the 70's
@HazySue (19974)
@celticeagle That's a great temperature. Enjoy it.
I hope the withdrawal won't be too painful. Good luck on your list. I have things I need doing as well, especially as I have an apartment inspection coming up next week and the apartment needs to be clean. There's no guarantee they will inspect my apartment, they will choose random apartments for the government program the complex is under. So I need to clean.
@HazySue (19974)
My mind kept drifting towards writing and ideas. I couldn't seem to stop it. I didn't get it all done but eventually I will. I didn't know that government did apartment inspections. After seeing a Hoarders episode I think it might be a good idea in some cases.
@HazySue Yes it would. I have a feeling I'm going to have two inspections because I'm also on housing and housing does inspections. I'll be here a year in August. So it will be soon.
@HazySue (19974)
@just4him It will all be over with before you know it. You, of course, will pass with flying colors.
You will be fine..go do what you need to do Susan. We will be here when you get back.
@HazySue (19974)
I know you will. I wish I was a little more of a go get it done now kind of person. If I was I wouldn't be trying to catch up now.
@HazySue I know how you mean Susan..myself the same.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am sure you will miss us all terribly but every so often we have to just do the things we have been putting off.
@HazySue (19974)
Sometimes life just gets in the way.
@CRK109 (14421)
I have also become a procrastinator and I don't like it at all. So I try to push myself sometimes otherwise things might never get done!
@HazySue (19974)
I don't like things hanging over my head waiting to be done but if it is something I would rather not deal with, well I do procrastinate.
i wish the hubs'd get that sorta inclination 's he's soooooo many unfinished thingies goin' here that't makes my head spin. my day? 'tis currently 101 degrees (f) 'n i'm glad i got me some pony time, tended the gardens/flowers, fed the birds 'n weed eated the back yard (i've no workin' mower...one'f many thingies that needs to be'n the hubs list) 'n worked 't quiltn' momma's quilt some more.
@HazySue (19974)
Good grief, that is hot. You have been busy. It sounds like the hubby got the procrastination gene in your family.
@bluesa (13430)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It was laundry day for me and plus work and plus getting some time here in. I too can procrastinate @HazySue , sometimes a list doesn't even help , I hope you don't get withdrawal symptoms and it's after 10pm here already, but I hope you are enjoying your day.
@HazySue (19974)
A list certainly didn't help me yesterday. I failed miserably in getting things done. So, onward and upward with new plans.
I keep making my list and then change my mind.
@HazySue (19974)
That's a problem. So do I. Things keep coming up that sometimes need to be moved to the top of the list.
@BettyB (4221)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I'm a firm believer in lists. Just because something ends up on the list doesn't mean I'll get to it that day. Like you I'm a procrastinator when its things I don't want to do, but I keep putting the item on my list until I get tired of seeing it and get the stupid thing done.
@HazySue (19974)
I am a dedicated list maker. I don't always follow them but I do make them. That is the point I am getting to, I am getting tired of seeing certain things keep popping up on my lists.
Yes you will have withdrawals. But life happens and we must clean it up, then mylot
@HazySue (19974)
I did have withdrawals. I spent time thinking about writing and it became counterproductive to getting my list completed.
I will be here for the day. I have no other plans fo outside.
@HazySue (19974)
How nice to have a day to dedicate to doing what we want to do rather than what we need to or have to do. Enjoy.