It Only Took 9 Years!

Years ago I had an experience with Abilify that almost sent me to gambling even though I was in recovery from my addiction. In an attempt to stop the increasing urge I asked for a different medication, that new medication (Pristiq), which I have been on for 9 years. Because of a recent problem getting that medication ordered through a patient assistance program, I not only proved a point about the medicine but may have finally gotten through to the Pfizer that the medication has applications for Compulsive Gambling. I just finished talking to someone on the phone about it. I am now hopeful that Pristiq will be approved for helping others with A Gambling Addiction! As I said in the title "It only took me 9 Years" to get through to someone!
Learn about PRISTIQ® (desvenlafaxine) for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD). See risks and benefits of PRISTIQ.
@UmiNoor (3496)
I've never heard of this medication, Pristiq. Nice to know it helps with your addiction. Wonder if it can help with other addictions too?
@UmiNoor It likely will be discovered to help with many others! I have been trying for almost 9 years to get to this point. Oddly it just went generic!
@UmiNoor (3496)
@Berniezeitler 9 years is quite a long time. It must have been difficult for you.
@UmiNoor Staying clean is not that hard any more but fighting to get this medication recognized has been difficult for sure!
@mandala100 (43619)
I hope and pray for your fortitude to resist that gambling urge.
@mandala100 I have many tools in my tool box to resist. I'm just glad to have gotten through to the company so they can study it's value with respect to addictions!
keep fighting the fight on that one!
The good thing is you did it.
Wow you are a great warrior to get through to 'those' people!