Talking Pets

No I am not on drugs! And no I am not referring to Mr. Ed the talking horse, I am talking about teaching your pets to talk. Although I am allergic to animal fur seems I have always had some sort of a pet most of my life. And while cats were always out as a child, I adore them now as well as dogs. And with cats I have seem to bond with them and I will talk to them and they answer back, sometimes saying the same words as I do. Yes its strange. Once I had a cat and when he came to the door and wanted food, with a meow, I would say Hello! and the cat would meow hello, this tripped my sister out and back then there were nothing but huge video cameras that no one could afford that held VHS tapes to capture any video, no I did not have one. After several years of being a wonderful pet he caught the flu from us and died. Now I have spooky and he will come to the door and meow wanting food, After eating I will allow him to lay and clean himself, but when he stares at me I will say " what you looking at?" and he will meow, next I say " mew mew" and I have him mocking me. This morning I fed him and came back to the office, to the computer and he was in the living room meowing, Tony said " he is calling you." I walked in and I said to spooky " you want mama?" And he meowed " mama!" I have the boy a treat! Know what Tony really hates? When I talk to Harley the old beagle, the whiner I get the whiner the dog answers me in a bark whine thing, and its loud Don`t you just love animals?
You really do have some great conversations with Harley and Spooky. I do love animals. We were in the kitchen one morning, and I asked our old dog Bo if he wanted a little peanut butter. My husband and I about fell over when Bo replied with, "Yum, yum, yum." We asked each other what Bo said, and yep, it was "Yum, yum, yum."
That is so funny!
Thats funny I know what you mean about Tony hating that. I too had a room mate once that hated any of that that I would do with the dog...and of course both me and my son would talk to the animals..
They do understand and Roscoe seems to understand more than any of them but he rarely barks and never talks back, but he seems to smile while wagging his tail.
@UncleJoe (10618)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I have seen several YouTube clips where dogs and cats could clearly pronounce words. We tend to underestimate animal intelligence.
I have to, And I have too.
Best not to talk to the Whiner.
LOL, he only does it when I whine saying his name
Scar has several different 'meows' he makes that I have learned to interpret. Unfortunately, he still pretends he doesn't understand me...unless I say 'food' or 'out'.
Does Scar cuss? I was thinking of doing a couple words to see if they would mock those words.
Sometimes it sounds like our cat says mom.
Probably does, especially if your cat hears that word a lot.
@andriaperry he does. As im his owner but my mom wanted him so shes his mom
I have a cat that always waits for me to come out of the bathroom and does that. We've gotten quite good at mimicking each other.
The life of the house.
That sounds like fun. I meow back at my kitties and even try to howl for Ally ..... they think I'm nuts but the cats do answer back so I must be doing something right.
Yes you are.
Yes I'm a big animal lover and have had plenty of cats while my children were growing up and now we have two dogs. They do seem to understand when we talk to them and answer in their own doggie ways
You would think by now tech would have them talking back
@Srbageldog (8223)
I know what you mean about cats meowing back words that sound like ours! My cat will meow "Now!" at me if I ask him when he wants his supper, and sometimes he'll meow "I don't know" at me if I'm pestering him about something. We also chatter back and forth at each other if I start speaking his language. I wonder what it is we're saying to each other!