Cats Rule the House

@UncleJoe (9484)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
They say you can own a dog but you just feed a cat. When you call a dog, they come “a-runnin’”. Call your cat, and they just take a message and get back to you when they’re ready. Although I have never been a “cat person”, I have lived with a few. Or, let’s say, they allowed me to live in THEIR house. While doing so, I have observed behavior that reflected different messages. There are a few that I’m still trying to figure out. Sweetie was a snow white cat with an affectionate disposition. She was one of the few felines I liked that also seemed to like me. She spent many a cold winter night curled on my lap while I was online. However, there were times when she seemed to express the opinion that she was more intelligent than I gave her credit for. Sweetie sometimes acted like she had to exercise a lot of patience with a dumb human like me. It was obvious that regular old “cat toys” bored her. Then I saw a video of cats chasing a laser light. That looked like just the irresistible challenge she needed, so I bought one. However, when I tried it out on our “owner”, she certainly didn’t react as we expected. While sitting in my recliner, I shined the light on the floor in front of her as she was headed for the pantry. She merely paused, looked at the little red dot dancing in front of her for a second, then gave me a contemptible look before continuing to her dining room. My oldest sister came to live with us for a while, bringing Fifi, her own cat. We hoped they might be pals, but Sweetie seemed to show resentment. She would sit in the floor with her back to me and stare at me over her shoulder. Every time I looked directly at her, she would look away. It appeared that she was pretending to ignore me. Miss “Queen of the House” would not allow me to pet, or even touch her until after the “intruder” had gone back home. Cats make it obvious they think they are superior to us and might one day take over the world. This clip will show you how,
If Cats Ruled the World #MyCatFromHell
Scar sez "Whaddaya mean IF?"
@UncleJoe (9484)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Oh, excuse me, Scar! My bad! Sorry!!!!
Scar looks scarey.
That's a mean looking photo!
They sure are different than dogs, who always want our love and affection no matter what.
That is an awesome video! I do think that JJ`s scar was in this one!
There is a vet that we took our pets too. One of the rooms within had a border that went along the wall with a quote. The quote said "Dogs will come when they call. Cats will take a message and get back to you." Cats certainly have different personalities. I don't have any animals at all now but have had, or have known people who have had, some interesting cats.
haha that was hilarious Joe!! Yep they are the masters of the universe
I had to send my sweet patches to another house for care. She was putting up a fight for two days. Now they are sharing the space quite nicely. Your sweetie sounds like a doll.
@KristenH (23343)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
That sounds like my cat sometimes when he's super-bossy at his own age. Poor Sweetie.
Many animals are very adept at getting their feelings across. It seems Sweetie blamed you for the intruder or at least for not getting rid of the intruder.
• Portland, Connecticut
I have learned to never cross a cat, they invented the word vendetta!! lol
@dramagirl26 (3366)
• Ringgold, Virginia
I have two cats and I agree with this sentiment. Mine act like they own the place, they're always hopping up on the furniture and giving us mean looks.
Yes that is why I say cats rule. Dogs drool. Cats are in charge and we better do anything to lease them.
@Srbageldog (8291)
My cat Lister sure rules the roost here. Although he does come running if I mention the word "noms" (his wet food). Or if I crinkle a bag of cat treats. Other times he just flops on the floor and glares at me.
What a great video! When I saw your title, I immediately thought, "YES!" Doodles controls me, and he isn't even my cat! Here's is his most ferocious yawn. lol
• Dallas, Texas
Cats are more like us than any other domestic animal. They do think they own us.