A rainy day is a good air fryer day!

It has been raining all day - not heavy, just nice steady rain...We need it badly so I won't complain. So I decided today is a good day to do some air frying since I am 'up to here' with fresh veggies and need a break! I have my 'fries' soaking in ice water and my taste buds are getting excited for air fried fries. I am finding since we are eating so many garden veggies that we have not had potatoes or rice very often. I need some starch! How's the weather in your neck of the woods? Photo is mine
• Lakewood, Colorado
How is that fryer Abby? I bet the food comes out really tasty and nice. Always wanted one of those. Weather is terrible here today..cloudy, overcast, muggy.
I love it - I can't eat fried food. My stomach will not tolerate grease/fat. So to air fry is giving me the flavor of frying but not frying it. I use a tiny bit of Olive Oil which you cannot taste and the fries are not greasy they are crisp outside and tender inside.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@AbbyGreenhill Is yours the best brand the GoWise? I had never heard of that one.
@TiarasOceanView It was rated in the to 5.
@LeaPea2417 (12556)
• Toccoa, Georgia
It is cloudy, muggy and rain is in the forecast. It has to do with that tropical storm that hit the Gulf of Mexico.
You didn't get rain - I guess you will get the next round..wasn't a good pool day LOL!
@LeaPea2417 (12556)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@AbbyGreenhill We were just under ( for over an hour ) a tornado warning. I sure am glad nothing came of it. We are having lots of rain at the moment.
@LeaPea2417 We just had rain but for later today (Fri) we will be under tornado warning around 5-10 pm
French fries sounds delicious ! I had my blood drawn and now going have breakfast
2 o'clock breakfast- oh - it's three hours earlier there - enjoy!
@AbbyGreenhill yes ! 11:06 I had to fast so now grabbing breakfast :)
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
How could you get tired of fresh veggies! ;lol We had fried potatoes yesterday with lunch, and will have mashed potatoes tonight with the pot roast.
I needed some starch - all the veggies are good but the same thing day in and day out gets boring no matter how good - unless of course chocolate ice cream! '
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I need a break from any food after a few days! I even need a break from chocolate once in a while.
So you wet the potatoes and drop them in there? I never heard of that before.
Cut them up, soak in cold water an hour, dry in paper towels, put in a bowl add a teaspoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, stir good - add to the air fryer. The ones I made today were thick cut and took abut 18 minutes.
@Tracy04 (9933)
It was sunny here today. Happy weekend!
Weekends and weekdays are all the same here. I have to check the guide on tv to see what day it is LOL!
@Tracy04 (9933)
@AbbyGreenhill LOL. As I'm typing now, the weather here is cloudy.
@Tracy04 Today they said clouds, but changed it to all sun!!
It was cloudy this morning and looked like it was going to rain but eventually, the sun came out and it is sunny and hot now. I have heard a lot about the air fryers and I was wondering about what they exactly are. My cousin was looking for one and an instant pot. Could you tell me how it works/cooks, how the food taste, and if you would recommend it to others?
An air fryer is like a convection oven. There is a heating element and hot air blows around and cooks the food. I would recommend it to anyone. They are great - I made coconut shrimp, bacon wrapped shrimp, steak, potatoes, apple turnovers...all kinds of stuff.
@AbbyGreenhill That seems like something I would like to have in my dorm room if it can cook all of those things. I am sure it is a lot healthier this way too than a regular old fryer.
@CaseyRoss9966 It would be perfect for a dorm room and cooking healthy - no oil - is a plus!
Too hot even to think to eat something hot or even warm. I am making ice cream. The rain should come tomorrow and then last for 5 or 6 days. I am glad of this.
My house is always cool - some days cold according to my husband. We never have a problem eating hot food. We got two inches of rain so far in 24 hours.
@AbbyGreenhill The heat will only last until tomorrow. I see that from Monday we will be back to our normal temperature. Tonight with the windows open it will not be hot, but it is now.
@LadyDuck Once the front comes thru later with the storms we will be in the lot-mid 80's and little humidity for the whole week.
I've never heard of air frying. Is this something new? I'm glad you're getting much needed rain. I'll be sure to pass any rain your way. I've seen enough rain for a while.
An fryer is basically new, but it is the same thing as a convection oven. We are expecting bad storms and tornadoes later 5-10 p.
@AbbyGreenhill That's not good. I'll keep you in my prayers. My parents had a convection oven, so I understand about the air fryer. Interesting.
@just4him Thanks, I never heard the word tornado as much as I have since we moved south.
@Blondie2222 (16217)
It is sunny and 80's here today. Air fryed fries sound really good right now i have never had it but willing to try. I hope you enjoy them on this rainy day.
You get your 'taste' of fried foods w/o frying! Raining hard today here.
@Blondie2222 (16217)
@AbbyGreenhill got it sounds interesting. Sorry your stuck with another rainy day today.
@Blondie2222 The worst rain is coming this evening and possible tornadeos.
it is not raining here though a lot expected tonight and Friday then the weather person promised us a gorgeous rain free weekend! I am not complaining about the weather either as it is nice that right now it is not as humid as it has been the last week! What is a fryer? The only time I heard of one of those was by another discussion by you. Is there a chance for fire from them like a deep fryer since you mentioned french fries or a burn risk as i would love to make french fries but am petrified of the deep fryer! I don't even know if my mom kept hers so don't even know if I own one!
It is just like a convection oven. Air flows around a heating coil. No oil, no fire. Safest thing you can use.
@AbbyGreenhill Ooh, i like it! are they expensive? What other things do you fry in it? I have to get one! Does it take long to do its job? Or is this an all-day type of thing? Thank you, dear one, for giving me a new thing I could buy and experiment using!
@AbbyGreenhill Thank you for clearing up a convection oven. I had heard of those but didn't know how it differed from my gas stove. I will look it up! A hundred dollars isn't too bad; I think that I can afford that! Or i can hint to my sister as Christmas and then my birthday a few days after that so I could hint to her!
We finally have had two days in a row without rain
I don't mind if it rains at night or for a while it the morning I know we need it.
Rain moving into the area but I don't think we're supposed to get any storms. Enjoy your air fried fries
They were good! We will get heavy rain/storms 5-10 pm - possible tornado
Right now it's sunny and hot. It's supposed to rain later today and I hope it does! Hope you enjoyed your fries!
They were very good!!! Send me some sun please!
@Luke35 (83)
We have an air fryer that we use periodically -- mostly for some kind of frozen potatoes, but I've heard that you can bake and cook other items in it. We used to use a deep fryer, but decided to convert to an air fryer for health reasons. I have to say that there are a few times when the air cooking did not taste quite as good, but for the most part it is a great substitute.
I have made steak, coconut shrimp, apple turnovers from scratch, fresh potatoes, frozen potatoes, wings....get yourself an air fryer cookbook and you will be surprised how many things you can make. Bacon wrapped shrimp for my husband...uses are endless. I got my cookbook from QVC they have good ones.
It is another warm day here in Southern California though not as much as yesterday.
In a way it is nice to not be sweating outside! Yesterday was very hot and humid. Do you need rain?
@AbbyGreenhill We can always use some rain.
@JohnRoberts Even tho it rained all day we aren't getting a huge amount.
@Yadah04 (2745)
A heavy downpour worke me up this morning. Just a welcome rain to alleviate the day's heat. So it is a bit cloudy all morning.
We are getting lots of rain now.