take your dog to work is today June 23, 2017

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Back in the year 1996, it was observed that many people get dogs and then don't spend enough time by going to work and leaving their dog home all day.. This was observed by a group called pet sitters international. Their mission is to save dogs from the shelter and get those dogs the loving homes that deserve so much One way to accomplish this is to designate a day each year where pet parents would take their dogs to work with them. The pur[pose of this day is that when a human has a really good relationship and shower their dog with love at work and keep the dog with them at all time, others will see it. Maybe one of those other people see the he dog/.human bond they will be motivated to get save a dog from the animal shelter One thing the dog has to be in the office their parents, not neglected i a hot car so that parents can say they brought their dog to work. So please, if you have a dog you adore take them to work with you, show two much you have formed a bond with that dog. This could encourage others to save a dog from the shelter. Citations: Picture is from Pixabay as i always had a fondness for pugs! but adore every dog have ever met theyear,com/days/take-your-dog-to-work-day
I would never take a dog to work - if I worked. Ruby is too darn people friendly and would spend all day kissing anyone and everyone.
Sounds like Amber, my sister's dog She just loves to kiss people. We had Christmas at my sister's house and Thanksgiving there also and Amber spent the whole time jumping and kissing people! I did learn not ti say Hi sweetie when I first see her as I will get a doggie tongue in my mouth as she is so excited to see Aunt Jenny she jumps up and kisses in a matter of seconds! But my brother -law told me dogs taught is more sterile than a human and I do adore her so no sanitizing my mouth after a kiss like that! Glad Ruby is so friendly and she is adorable!
@Marty1 Ruby won't jump on anyone, she knows better...she sits down and gives her paw then when you shake her paw she gives kisses and repeats it over and over.
@AbbyGreenhill How cute! My sister doesn't discipline her dog and i guess that is how the no discipline manifests itself
I love dogs, but I would have never taken a dog with me to work. Many people fear dogs and I think this is not at all a good idea.
Good point but maybe those frightened will get to ese not all dogs are horrible. But I do see your point.
@Marty1 Imagine you work in a call center, where there are 40 people working and all bring their dog. Can you believe that people calling the calling center would understand a word with all the dogs barking? Or I go to the bank and the cashiers are there with their barking dogs. I think this idea is insane.
@LadyDuck Good point! I called a call line once, and because Iwasn'tactiviely trying to kill myself (what they ask mental health patients call if it you are" Safe" they told me to call back in the morning! Only I call a helpline and get told to call back in the morning and because if that call I ended up mental health hospital related twice since then! But that is a good post, and it is well accepted!
I read not too long ago about a company in Japan that allows cats in the workplace and it has had great results for the employees and the cats. People worked better.
I think that is a great idea and hope US companies do something like that in the future! I think it is the calming effect of pets that those Japanese companies are using. I know I am calmer after chatting with My hamster, Marty and even feel better in the middle of the night when I put the fella in his ball!
@Marty1 I agree, pets have a calming affect on us and has proven to increase our longevity.
@just4him I wasn't aware of the longevity factor. Even better! A good reason to get a pet!
@PatZAnthony (13118)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
The issue for me would me that the dogs we have would then be around some other dogs we don't want near our pets, so @Marty1 we might not do it! If we could be the only ones (selfish, huh) maybe we would do it. It would be cute if only one person in each business did it. Would you do it?
Never thought about that and other pets I don't know if I would do it. I might have borrowed my doggie niece , Amber, if I did decide and had a job. I would take Marty though as he loves to be loved! I could have put him in his ball and he would have a great time and be loved even more if possible
@PatZAnthony (13118)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@Marty1 Maybe Marty would be safe b/c he would be in his little house. Not so sure we'd take a chance with a dog Hope you are having a great weekend!
@PatZAnthony yes a pretty good weekend! Are you having a good one? Yes but I always try and get sister to take Marty to her job and let him it'll around in the office and order all those people who work for her to make a big deal of him and help him when he gets stuck some places.Marty and I call it "mighty mommy (me) to save Marty and the day"! Show him tons of love that he cracraves
I love my dogs but I never wanted them with me at work, they are too naughty!! lol
But they are so cute!! How could they be naughty as dogs don't know how to be naughty, in my opinion!!
@Marty1 lol my dogs are very advanced in the naughty department
I never had that option, here the businesses would not allow employees to bring their dogs to work. I've always had 2 dogs just so they wouldn't be alone. Now I only have one but I'm home most of the time plus she has a kitty, they are really good friends.
I prefer dogs but I love my own kitty @Marty1 When I lose my kitty I probably won't get another one, I hate litter boxes.
@rebelann yes the litter box can be troubling but I have seen commercials on Tv that people just have to take (not sure if it comes with some miniature rake or you arevsupplying it yourself) but one just has to rake it over the kitter litter and it my makes it smell better as it brings something out that smells bettder might that be an option for you?
Yes, you're right about that but still, I hate having to clean the litter boxes @Marty1
@ridingbet (60514)
since i work in a hospital, it is impossible for me to bring any of our pet dogs to work. they are better at home and guard our house. hahaha!
I guess not. But don't some hospitals bring dogs in to the patients that are special therapy dogs? I thought they calm patients? Maybe the hospital where you work accepts dogs for patients and you can take one of your adorable dogs!
@ridingbet (60514)
@Marty1 no, my dear. the ward where i handle my students are so full of sick people. it is a general ward and even the aisles have patients lying in cots and folding beds.
@ridingbet oh, that is sad you have so many patients, also sad you can't take those adorable dogs of yours to work!
@Nawsheen (22955)
• Mauritius
If I were to take my dog to work then no one will be working on that day. He is the dog that likes to roam from here to there.
Why wouldn't anybody else work that day? I bet your dog is special and adorable. I would suspect they would consider it an honor to work with your dog!
@Nawsheen (22955)
• Mauritius
@Marty1 Haha because my dog loves people and I can say he is friendly
@Nawsheen thAa is good he loves people! My sister's dog is like that and kisses everybody!
@dpk262006 (56521)
I don't have a dog as pet, therefore, I do not need to take anyone to office.
Would you ever consider getting a dog? Doo you have another type of pet? I don't have a dog either at this time but do have Marty my special hamster that my life revolves around him!
@dpk262006 (56521)
@Marty1 I would not like to have any pet, including a puppy/dog due to various personal reasons.
@dpk262006 not a problem I didn't think about that as all my family and friends have a pet. I I just assumed every body wanted a pet.Sorry if I offended you with my question
@xstitcher (12714)
• Petaluma, California
I would love to take my dog to work, but some of the kids where I work might be afraid of dogs.
There are those problem but is your dog friendly? might help them be unafraid of them!
@xstitcher (12714)
• Petaluma, California
@Marty1 She's very friendly, but some children are afraid of dogs regardless.
@xstitcher I don't really know any kids my nephew loves dogs and is always kissing him!
When I taught, we were not allowed to bring our dogs to work, due to those with allergies and the risk involved with biting, etc. I would have loved to have had my dog with me every moment of the day.
@Marty1 One of my grand doggies was trained to work in hospitals and senior centers. Everyone loved him.
@RubyHawk (30387)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Sounds good but I don't understand how you could keep them on the job. A dog has to be walked and fed. I could never have taken a dog with me to work. I have seen one woman take her dog to work but she had a private office and her dog was well trained.
I don't know. I never thought of those questions. Good ones! My sister has a private office and would have been able to take my doggie niece(Amber) to work but she only worked half a day that day she had to travel to the northern part of state for a soccer tournament for my nephew.
@RubyHawk (30387)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Marty1 maybe she can take Amber one day and see how it goes.
@kobesbuddy (57281)
• East Tawas, Michigan
What a great idea, for that dog's social skills to be sharped, too! The only problem with my dog, he's 85 pounds and Kobe doesn't behave himself! The bus driver would probably have to let him drive! lol
Yes, those big dogs can take over! Yes, the bus driver would probably let him drive since he is so darn cute! Kobe would beg, and the driver would look at him and say, "Oh Okay Kobe you can drive" and go sit on the bus, and let Kobe take them to the town of Dogville USA! Lol! No other stops!
Can people bring their cats ?
@ilocosboy (38666)
My manager oftentimes take his dog outdoor when he's running.
That is great dogs need exercise too! I am happy he loves his dog so much. Has he ever brought the dog to work?
Since I'm retired my dogs are with me every day
That is super! I don't work so I know the joys of being with your dogs all day! I used to have dogs all the time. Now I have Marty hamster and love being with him all day! Even if we chat in his sleep all afternoon! What breed (s) are your dogs? What are their names?
• Rochester, New York
I don't think my dog would be ok at my work as he's a bit protective. lol He won't let anyone near me so retail and my pup won't mix very well.