Police Speeding West Friday Night in Dallas, but nothing on the news about it.

Dallas, Texas
Squad car after squad car went Westbound, seconds apart. It was Friday night, June 23, 2017. We were watching television. KERA was showing this nice documentary about Pies. At first is seemed like just a few police cars were speeding down the road responding to a call of some sort. That's all I thought it was, at first, but then ... More and more police with sirens sounding, one after the other until I lost count. There must have been something bad going down in Dallas on Friday night, and I counted at least 25 speeding West. I told my wife to please change the channel. The t.v. set was on antenna-cable mode so she changed the channel to WFAA, Channel 8, aka ABC. Some commercials were going at the moment. I decided to channel surf on local broadcast shows and none of them, ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC. None of them were showing anything Late, Breaking News of any kind. It was about 8 minutes to Ten. The Ten O-clock news was soon to start and I had a choice of at least 4 channels to turn to to find out if any news about what was happening in Dallas currently was being reported. Nothing. Nothing at all! When I opened up the front door facing the thoroughfare of passing police cars, I noticed these were not ordinary sedans, they were SUVs some white vans, some more like SWAT vehicles. Emergency responders, not ordinary police squad cars! So, what exactly did happen on Friday night, in Dallas, Texas, on June 23, 2017? I think this is the link that explains iit:
The Dallas SWAT team arrested a man after a five hour standoff in Oak Cliff that started Friday night.
Wow, that must have been pretty frightening. I bet my area doesn't even own 25 police cars. One time on a little road that is on a juncture with our development I saw a number of police vehicles coming down the hill. They rarely even come this far out from the town. It was really surprising. I still don't know why they were up there. Houses are few on that little stretch of road, although there is a small development at the top.
• Dallas, Texas
It did make me very anxious.
Wow! That really was a serious situation! Seeing all those police cars racing past had to be unnerving.
• Dallas, Texas
It really was. By the time I counted 25 SWAT SUVs I knew it was not just an ordinary Friday night for Dallas. More specifically Oak Cliff. The Cliff. Last time I saw anything remotely like this all the police cars were racing towards R L Thornton Freeway going East. They respond fast when a shooting is involved, much less an hours long standoff.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Sometimes they don't automatically release why the cars are out, at least not on the news. In Escambia County, where I used to liv- there is a website where it keeps tabs on all dispatched squad cars. It's kinda cool to watch.
• Dallas, Texas
Cool.