I'm Back!

Just spent TEN days in North Carolina with my son and his wife. Got home last night about 9PM. We had lots of fun visiting and enjoying each other's company. My 16 year-old grandson went with me. My youngest son drove us half-way to NC and my oldest son met us and took us the rest of the way. Then, coming home, my oldest son took us half way and my daughter-in-law met us and brought us home. I just don't trust myself to drive that distance anymore, so they have transported me back and forth for four years now. I go down in June and then again over the holidays in December. My daughter-in-law in NC is a teacher so she has the summer and the holidays off from school, so it's a good time for us to visit. She was glad we came. She had just lost her father, who fell asleep in death last month. We always enjoyed visiting with him too. He lived with them. It's a SAD time for her because her brother had just died also a few weeks before her father. So, it's been a very SAD time for her. We were a bit of a distraction for her. It rained a lot while we were there and we didn't get to do some of the things we had planned, but overall it was a nice time for all. Now, it's back to all of my projects here. I'm going to do some more research on my ancestry. I got the photo albums done and mailed one to my youngest brother. But, there is still a lot of research to be done on our ancestry. I did get some information from my cousin in West Virginia. She sent me some access links to West Virginia newspapers, so I'm going to search through them for obituaries, in particular. I will try to catch up with all my mylot friends too. I wasn't able to do much on mylot in NC. I hope everyone is doing well.
Glad to have you back. That is sad, I know - last year I lost a father in May and a sister in June.
Oh I didn't know that. So sorry! So, you can really relate to my daughter-in-law's situation. How are you coping now?
So good to hear you had such a nice time visiting with family. Yes, I am sure it is a hard time for your daughter-in-law due to her loss.
Thank you. We did have a nice time and I think our visit was good for my daughter-in-law. She's such a sweet person.
Glad you went and could be there for her. So sad to lose one person you love, nevermind losing two so close to one another.
I know. I felt so sorry for her and my son has been helping her cope. He comforts her and tells her that he'll take care of some legal matters. He is very good at that. They plan to move into another house, so part of the time I was there, they were checking out some different neighborhoods. I think it will be good for them to move out of the house where her father was living with them. They have to go through all of his things too. She has a sister, so there will be some legal things to deal with. But, they are very close and there won't be any problems, I'm sure.
@IreneVincent yeah I wouldn't want to live there. But thats just me. Its good hes there for her, but i think that wouls be expected anyways.
@Courtlynn Since she is a teacher, she has the whole summer off to take care of things. I'm glad she doesn't have to go to school every day. She will be able to get things done with the extra time off.
@vsai2008 (9217)
Glad you enjoyed and had a very good time :) My condolences for your daughter-in-law's loss good day :)
Yes, thank you, we did have a good time in North Carolina.
@vsai2008 (9217)
@Hate2Iron (7968)
If your photo is North Carolina... it looks like a beautiful state!
North Carolina does have some beautiful mountain scenery.
@Hate2Iron (7968)
@IreneVincent Will definitely have to try to work in a vacation down there!!
@FourWalls (14637)
I love North Carolina....beautiful state. Glad you had a good time.
Beautiful photo. Sounds like your trip invigorated and enthused you.