Tales from the hill top June 24th.

Banks, Oregon
Hey, everyone and, I hope all is well in your neck of the woods, things are good here, except it's way too hot, like at least 20 degrees of unneeded heat, if there were any Strawberries left in the field, they turned to mush after today more than likely, that being said I am glad my Mom picked up a flat from my Aunts Berry stand, for dinner we are going to have hamburgers, fries and, corn on the cob, then for desert strawberry shortcake yum lol. Now if the sun will just go down today would be perfect. How's the weather in your neck of the woods? According to Bing it's 94 here currently. So, not quite 100 I guess but it feels 100.
• Dallas, Texas
Sorry to hear this. It looks like the upper West end of the US is under a heat wave. Here in Dallas, for some reason it has been rather mild, in the 80s. But that will probably change. Enjoy your strawberries. Sounds pretty good to me.
It seems like the usual hot states do get mild, when we are hot.
@sallypup (27056)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That's nice that you have a fruit stand nearby. Our little strawberry patch gave us a supper dessert and now our raspberries are coming on. Seems early for the raspberries. Got to water and keep on watering! Mid 90s here today and hotter tomorrow.
Thanks and, yes strawberry shortcake sounds pretty good.
@sallypup (27056)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TRBRocks420 I made a wheat biscuit for the shortcake part. I didn't buy that yellow sponge cake stuff that is sold in stores. Heartier and tasty.
Oops forgot weather. I have less humid air today and by Monday will be 70 degrees and a cool breeze and a random pop up thunderstorm!
@hillhjill (5013)
I hate hot days like that hope you stay as cool as you can.. dinner sounds good as well.. here it is 78° and feels amazing.
Same here and, luckily I have a good fan, but any time move away from it the heat drains.
@hillhjill (5013)
@TRBRocks420 yeah if I could go somewhere where it is cold all the time I think I would be happy with that.
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
Your title hilltop reminds me of twd lol but it seems everyone is getting ridiculous amount of heat. The weather here has been in the 90s for a while except this weekend it dropped but goes back up tomorrow. Summer sucks.
lol yeah that's what we have always called our place up here too, can't wait for TWD to start again and, same it's brutal.
That sounds like a great dinner.
It was delicious thanks, even better than I expected.
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
Sorry to hear about this hot weather. We are in winter over here and I can say that we are having a very good weather (neither too hot nor too cool). I hope that tomorrow will be cooler over there. It can be do uncomfortable when it gets too hot. Your dinner seems to be so delicious. Enjoy it
Thanks and, glad to hear you are having some nice weather there.
Yummy on dinner! That is hot for there is it not?
Very hot and, yes I can't wait for dinner.
It was very hot here today too. I was sweating when I walked to the mailbox! Crazy. I'm ready for some rain! I hope you enjoy your dinner and evening. =)
Yeah, this heat is crazy, it don't take long to start sweating at all. I want the rains back too lol and, thanks starting to get hungry :)
It is 00 here I just looked on our temperature on the TV. It is really hot.
It might be here too. I don't have my own thermometer, but I just looked online.
SOunds like a great dinner! I had Fettucini Alfredo I finished defrosting in the microwave before putting them in the microwave to reheat. Then I too had corn on the cob for dinner! How do you cook yours? I put mine in a steamer in the microwave for 2 minutes! Yummy yummy!
Thanks and, yours sounds good too.
@sugartoes (40713)
• Greencastle, Indiana
it's a nice 70 here & it's a nice 65 in the cabin here so we have no complaints but that will change next week I hope you stay cool.
@RubyHawk (25024)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It was in the eighties today due to rain this morning. If it doesn't rain it will be hot tomorrow.