I Really Don't Want To......

Today dawns a beautiful sunny summer day here in our area. One of those rare days where its not too hot and not too humid. MY kind of weather. But, I am afraid that I will not be able to enjoy much of it. I have to work today. Our workweeks run from Monday until Saturday. I am working today, as I had a day off during the week last week. I really don't want to have to go into work, but hopefully we'll be slow and they'll let us leave a little early. What are you planning to do today?
I think I may just vegetate a bit...
Awww, that was what I would have done. But, I'll have to do it on the clock at work, hopefully it isn't too busy today.
@Juliaacv I grabbed a couple DVD's to watch, nothing earth-shattering. I need to buy a danged caption-box to hook up to my TV, my DVD's are captioned but my TV doesn't have captioning so regular shows aren't...with my hearing the way it is I can't understand what is being said half the time unless I turn it up real loud.
@JolietJake I did a little kiss-a$$ing at work and got out 2 hours after I started. Now to put some ice on these sore knees of mine Enjoy your shows.
I am going to my lot and read today. Then go to bed early tonight! Hope today is a good work day for you.
Thank you, work was excellent, it was slow and I got to leave after only 2 hours.
@Juliaacv great! Hope you have more days like that at work!
@Marty1 That's why I don't mind it if they schedule me for weekends, it makes for a short work week!
@katsmeow1213 (29029)
Today will be a yard work day for us I think. Yesterday I started binge watching a show with my younger son, and now I'm addicted. I'd love to sit around and continue watching that show, but the yard needs some work! So a bit of yard work, then watch the show for a little while and try to get to bed on time..
My husband and son are outside right now puttering around in the yard together.
@Juliaacv I mowed the yard while the hubby and kids cut down some overgrown weeds. Now I'm hoping we can watch some more of that TV show!
@katsmeow1213 My hubby mowed the lawn while our son and his fiancé helped me with thinning out some of the hostas. Things worked out nicely.
Have a good workday and hope that you do get to leave early. I love it when I get to do that.
I was able to leave after just 2 hours of work. Now I'm home visiting with our son and his fiancée.
I have no idea what I'm doing yet today. I will find out at 9:30ish if I'm babysitting today or not. That will help me to know what the plans are for the day. I hope your work day goes well and fast for you. =)
Thanks Jenn, I've got a bit of a nagging headache, so I'm hoping that the day is easy. I hope the same for you, nice and easy just like a Sunday should be!
It is going to be a hot day, so I will be staying inside watching baseball.
Enjoy the coolness and the game today!
It was cooler today, so I have worked a little in the garden and then I have enjoyed a cold drink under the porch with my husband. We have spent a bit of time reading.
Nice that cooler weather has come your way, we had some move in a couple of days ago, and we were able to turn off the central a/c and enjoy the fresh air breeze. I only had to work 2 hours and they let me leave early, enjoy the rest of your day today Anna.
@Juliaacv As it was cooler, I have baked muffins and pies, so we have something for the rest of the week. Just in case the heat come back.
@LadyDuck Enjoy the cooler days. We have a cool day today, I am actually wearing jeans.
Ah man. Hope you get to get out early, or at least enjoy it a little after work.
Thanks, I only stayed for 2 hours and I got to leave! And the weather has been wonderful since then, it rained during the 2 hours that I was at work. Now I'm at home with our son and his fiancé and of course my hubby is here too.
@Juliaacv woo! Enjoy the sunshine with them!
@Courtlynn We're having a lot of fun together. They just stepped away to drop something off at her sister's place, so I had a chance to run out to the bank machine, Dad asked me to get some cash so that he could slip it into our son's pocket. Things like that is something my husband has quite a habit of doing. Sometimes our son doesn't find it for days, but he has told us that it always makes him happy, and sometimes he will scold us for it. I got him $120 today, that should bring him a smile
• Portland, Connecticut
I hope you got to enjoy the beautiful weather, we are rainy today and gray, yesterday, however, was gorgeous.
Its been cool here the past few days, I'm wearing long pants and layering with a sweater when I go out.
• Portland, Connecticut
@Juliaacv wow can I come to your house!! I love cool. Lol
@BelleStarr Sure you can.......just remember, this is a big time to be in Canada. We'll be celebrating our country's 150th birthday this weekend. How cool is that eh?
@mandala100 (36069)
That's a very good view in the picture.
Thank you, that was taken from the home that we lived at for over 20 years.
@mandala100 (36069)
@Juliaacv A really nice view.
@mandala100 Thank you.
Oh no work today? Well have a nice day anyway Julia. No plans just here.
I worked, but since it was slow I got to leave after only 2 hours, which I appreciated.
@Juliaacv Oh very cool Julia
@TiarasOceanView I'm happy, and on top of leaving early, my husband ordered a pizza about the time I left work, so shortly after I got home the pizza arrived, so here I am all happy and fed!
It's a shame you have to work on such a nice day. You'll just have to think of the money.
I only had to work for 2 hours!
@Juliaacv Yay! So pleased you got some time in the sun. Pity about the money!
@JudyEv I took my pick, and time off won.
@moffittjc (41198)
• Gainesville, Florida
In the summer in Florida, it is very rare to have a beautiful day where the heat and humidity don't just eat you alive, but a few evenings ago, we had one of those rare occasions where it was both cool (relatively speaking) and dry at sunset. I happened to have met up with an old friend who was passing through town on her way to South Carolina, so we went out for dinner. It was so nice we sat on the outside patio to eat, and then went for a sunset walk in a local park.
That sounds like a really good time.
@moffittjc (41198)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Juliaacv I had a great time! Great weather, great friends, great time!
@Blondie2222 (21217)
Well I hope work went well for you on Saturday. I went shopping at an outlet mall and got lots of good deals. Later at night went to the drive in with both my nieces and my sister to see cars 3
Sounds like a lot of fun to me!
@Blondie2222 (21217)
@Juliaacv It was but very tiring. I couldn't wait to get home Sunday and have a me day.
I do hope you can enjoy some part of the beautiful day you have in your area. Hoping things are REALLY slow at work.
Yes, things were slow, and I am a butt kisser when I need to be! I cried the blues that our son and his fiancée would be visiting while I had to work-boohoo, and after just 2 hours they let me go! And since then the weather has been wonderful, we had thunder, lightening, rain and hail during those 2 hours that I worked, but since I've been home we've visited and worked outside in the yard together.
@Juliaacv .So glad you cried the blues and it worked!!! And, the weather worked out too!!! Yippee!
Oh No! I really hate those days when I have to work and I really need to go play. Make the best of it
I did make the most of it. I sucked up to the supervisor and told him that we were having company today, so after 2 hours he let me go home early!!!
I hope that you got off early.
I did! I only worked for 2 hours and then got an email that I could go home and the rest of the day was mine then.
A gorgeous day here in my neck of the woods and I have a birthday party for my granddaughter this afternoon. Sorry you have to work on such a nice day
I only had to work for 2 hours, during which time it stormed, we even got a little hail. Now the sun is shining and I'm back home again. I timed it just perfect, my husband had a ordered a pizza and it was on its way.
@BettyB (4221)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I'm sorry you have to work today. After church we're taking a meal up to my mother-in-law. We'll spend the day visiting with her.
Don't be too sorry, after just 2 hours I got to leave. It stormed during those 2 hours, thunder, lightening, rain and even hail, after I left the sun came out. Have a nice visit with your mother-in-law, our son is here now visiting.
@rina110383 (24145)
My Sunday is about to end in 30 minutes. Worked the whole day and had few drinks with a friend. It was a good day.