Pot Luck

Riga, Latvia
One of the strangest titles for an album I ever saw. Elvis must have thought that by the time he recorded his fifteenth album his fans would be willing to accept anything he recorded. This album came out on June 5, 1962. Once again I must say this album includes lots of songs I have never heard. Most of these songs were written by the songwriting team of Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman. The album includes a song titled “That’s Someone You Never Forget” and is a collaboration between Elvis, who gave the concept and title and Red West. It is thought to be written in memory of Elvis’ mother. The song was released as a single in 1967. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_Luck_(Elvis_Presley_album)
That Someone You'll Never Forget - Elvis Presley
@mandala100 (17276)
Was that the mom of Elvis that he was then kissing in the album?
• Riga, Latvia
Yes that was Elvis' beloved mom Gladys @mandala100
@mandala100 (17276)
@RasmaSandra I thought so. See you later my friend.
• Denmark
I hear this song for the first time!
@gilggg (2312)
• Israel
How beautiful, there are so many people we never forget ...Especially our mothers
• Lakewood, Colorado
I was looking at the video..what happened to Elvis Mother? Because wasn't it his Grandmother that raised him?
• Lakewood, Colorado
@RasmaSandra Oh really? I wonder why I always thought his Grandma raised him..confused with something else I guess..Yes that is very strange and spooky. God rest them both.
• Portland, Connecticut
From what I understand, Elvis was a bit of a mama's boy. Not surprised he wrote a song about her.
• Riga, Latvia
He did a lot for her even bought Graceland so that mama would have a good life. Sorry he lost her too soon @BelleStarr
Pot luck? I am not familiar with this title at all.
• Riga, Latvia
Neither was I but I am faithfully following along with the numbers @JohnRoberts
I haven't heard that before, but I do know he would do anything to give his mom a wonderful life.
It was released three months before my birth.