Change of plans

The anesthesiologist was just in to see me and said that my surgery is being done tomorrow mid morning. The nurses or doctors have yet to tell me anything. I haven't even met the surgeon yet. That threw me for a loop. So I am sitting here waiting for somebody to tell me something.
They are treating you like a mushroom, keeping you in the dark. I bet that causes all kinds of anxiety. That is not good for you at all. I am glad you can at least post here for us to talk with you.
That is exactly how I am feeling. All arrangement were made for Tuesday now my kids won't be able to be here before I go to surgery. Yes it is causing a lot of anxiety.
Oh thank goodness! I think that its a good move for them to move you up quickly like this. Now, you can NOT worry, you leave that up to your friends, like me to do! Things happen like this for a reason, and hopefully with this change of events, you can get on with your life. No more feeling sick and short of breath. This is a good thing Laurel, now I know it will be hard, but please try to get some rest tonight-your body will need it for the healing.
They will probably come this evening. Wishing you all the best for tomorrow. We will be waiting for you here.
i assume you don't have your own cardiac surgeon. I hope he will introduce himself to you before your surgery. Sending you good vibes and prayers that all goes smoothly and quickly. You will feel like a new woman! Giant hugs to you.
I met him today. He is very nice and ,ade me feel at ease.
@Happy2BeMe So I've read. I hope you relax, have a good sleep, and aren't nervous. They will all take good care of you throughout everything. My friend was visiting me at my house and wound up having a quadruple bypass the next day. She's as good as new! Wish I could visit you during your recovery.
@DianneN awww that would be nice.if am glad your friend is doing well. I feel relaxed now and ready to get on with the recovery.
I too would like to see my surgeon before surgery. I hope that will happen for you Laurel. And will anyone be there with you before and after surgery at all? I bet you are feeling very distressed right now. Glad you can come here at least.
If they moved it to tomorrow, I'm confused as to why you haven't heard anything else, or met the surgeon. But glad they moved it up, as the sooner you get the surgery, the sooner you'll be home and better.
the surgbeo shuld seeyou soon at least thats been my experiebce wilth having surgeryIm keepingyou on mypreayer lkist that a;; goes really smooth and youwill soon be well and home agaim
I met him today.
I hope they will let you know all the details soon.
I wonder what is taking them so long? I can't wait to hear from you with your newly by-passed ticker!
What a frustrating place to be. You are in my thoughts and keep us posted if possible :-)
@mandala100 (38839)
Good luck on your surgery tommorow.
I hope by the time you read this you meet your surgeon. I Will have you in my thoughts even more on the day of the surgery. Think positive all will go smoothly! Love you and try to get some sleep.tonight and this will all be over before you know it and you will be camping and going on picnics with your fiance and having a great time
I am inclined to think like Jennifer here. Soon you will be able to live your summer the way you would like.
@marlina yes you are both so right
@Happy2BeMe Thinking of you right now at 7:15 A.M. Tuesday.
@TheSojourner (17448)
It is curious why the surgeon hasn't come to talk to you first, but maybe he/she will come in this evening or first thing in the morning.
It was a mix up in schedules. They had updated the one from Friday.
@Happy2BeMe I think I'm confused. *laughs* Doesn't take much.
@SonjaRae (4895)
If you are feeling uneasy Laurel, page a Nurse and ask to speak with the Doctor! Don't allow yourself to sit and ponder. Wishing you God's speed on your recovery!
Thank you
Well that is excellent news! Yes the doctors usually have to do the surgeries based on when they can get the anesthesiologist and O.R. I will be praying for you to get well soon.
I wish you the best with this. I am not sure if it was posted today or not. I hope by now you heard something from the Dr.
Oh goodness, I hope you have more information now. I'm so sorry for all your going through. We will be praying for you, for the surgeon's wisdom and for your recovery. Lots of hugs!
At least your wait has been shortened.
If it is done sooner than you thought, a good thing?
@DWDavis (10774)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I hope someone comes in and fills you in on the plan soon. I cannot imagine why no one has been in to discuss this with you.
Turned out the girls in OR were reading an old schedule before it was revised
@DWDavis (10774)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Happy2BeMe That's a little scary. All is back on track now?
That´s one of the things I hate about surgeries.
Yes it is hard on the nerves
@Happy2BeMe I know!