Do you have an alarm system at your house?

We installed one a couple of years ago after I badgered my husband for years about it. Our town is small, suburban, and usually quiet but there have been more frequent incidents of crime recently. Over 50 cars had their tires slashed last month by a group of teenagers that were caught thanks to people who had video surveillance on their property. I always wanted an alarm system due to the fact that we often sleep with the windows open. We had a motion sensor in 2 different places in the front room, where the open windows were, and the freaking cats set it off twice. We had to disable it. The second time the sensor was up at ceiling level so I have no idea how an 8 pound cat managed to trip that thing. Jerks. Still we have the alarms on the doors and the motion sensor down in the basement. Oh and the video camera trained on the front door. . . so if anyone does break in, we will have a nice color video of him coming through the front door!
@mandala100 (45837)
We only have fire alarm in our house.
We had that for years but finally but in a security system
@mandala100 (45837)
@NJChicaa Ok my friend and see you later.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Nope but we have a pitbull bulldog puppy, which is about the same.
That is a strange mix. Hope it can breathe well! Bulldogs have been destroyed by breeders.
@shivamani10 (11231)
• Hyderabad, India
No. We do not have as we are totally on administrative side. But, most of the factories and shopping malls do have them.
Oh, definitely! We had ours put in over 25 years ago and updated it twice. We had the motion detectors set high enough so the dog and cats, at the time, wouldn't set it off. We live in a quiet suburban town, but one should be proactive.Several outdoor lights are on sensors, but the deer set them off a lot!
After like 7 years, I made my husband put a motion sensor light outside on the driveway. I was going out there at 6 am and it was pitch black! I felt so unsafe going out there even though our town is pretty boring. I'm still pissed that we can't have the motion sensor in the front room on. I think I'm going to tell my husband to activate it again. It isn't supposed to notice anything under 25 pounds which my cats aren't. It is very high up on my ceiling. We like to leave the windows open as often as we can so as not to use the AC. That's why I wanted the alarm system. Oh well I guess we shall see.
@NJChicaa The motion detectors should be recalibrated, especially if you leave the windows open. Good luck.
@DianneN the motion sensors aren't supposed to pick up the cats as they are under 10 pounds. I don't think they can be recalibrated.
Yes, we have had it over 20 years! I keep it on all the time as i am by myself here just hate when I forget to disarm it we when I go to the front porch for newspaper and mail!
I used to forget to disarm it all the time. I've gotten much better about it now after like 2 years with it.
@NJChicaa I have only forgotten a few times but still it makes me nervous I have not did it yet this month but then I have to call the company and report I made a mistake. I even once pressed a button. By accident I didn't even know it existed but alerted the police directly and they came to my door in minutes! Luckily, they were extremely nice and wanted to make sure I am safe and sound! That was scary
Nope, just the Scarlarm™ system.
I hear it is pretty efficient!
@NJChicaa Independently powered too, no batteries required...
We did have an alarm, but it kept going off for no apparent reason, so we turned it off.
I don't blame you
After my house was burglarized, I decided I´d buy a dog, but not any sort of alarm as my brother suggested
you'd do better to get an alarm system and not make a dog live a life outside.
Yes.
@Elisa1234 (7677)
We dont have alarm system in our house. So sad hehe
@jaiho2009 (39019)
No,we don't have alarm in our house but our car does have a loud alarm. We also have cctv cam to check what's going on outside.
@rina110383 (24130)
Animal alarms (3 pitbulls).
Nope. This place doesn't have alarms.