This Won't Do, It Just Won't!

@bluesa (13421)
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am disgruntled, plain and simple. I still have not gotten proper sleep. I tried for an early night Sunday night and woke up some time during the night feeling ill, I took some medication, got back into bed and then after a restless sleep surfaced to Monday. I am starting to look like a raccoon! The dark circles under my eyes are not pretty! Add to that, that I have a lovely friend here, who has been through so much, but can communicate and he gives great hugs, but all I can do is worry about an uncommunicative, ungrateful, grouchy idiot miles away who shuts down, when he wants to, and well, I am fed up with myself, truly fed up with myself! This won't do, it just won't! How do I get the grouch out of my head? How do I get sleep? Help! I hope every one has a good Monday and week. Oh, and I read this on Facebook and had a good chuckle "All my friends get married or engaged, me, I get hungry" Don't know who came up with that one, but it speaks to me!
This is funny. Do you know the reason why you cannot sleep? I never sleep a lot and wake up all the time during the night. It has always been the case since I was a kid.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I can't figure it out, Anna. I think it might be because I wait to get my Mom settled at night first. How do I get the grouch out of my mind? Sorry that you struggle to sleep. Yes, I am more worried about snacks than marriage @LadyDuck
@bluesa It's never late enough to marry. I do not sleep well because I think too much. I cannot relax and I start to think what I have to do the day after.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LadyDuck if I meet the one . Yes, I also lie thinking about all I need to do the next day. I guess we're not sleeping well any time soon.
That is so funny! Hope things pan out right for you!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you @allen0187 it really does speak to me because I think I love food . Thank you, I hope I can get the grouch out of my mind
@bluesa Kick that grouch out of your head!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@allen0187 , I will try my best to do that
@Tracy04 (10844)
Last time I cannot sleep at night and sleep in the morning, my uncle called it sleeping disorder. Lucky not insomnia. I tried to tire myself, and sleep at certain time, 10.30-7am with alarm. Now I am able to sleep and wake at exact time without alarm. Sometimes in a month I get period and I cannot sleep, sleep a while and wake up in the middle of the night. I believe it's an uncomfort during period. Most of the time if I want to sleep peace, I watch Korean variety shows. I laugh and sleep and wake up in happy mood. In some readings, use lavender in your bedroom. Also can try listening to calm music. I sometimes listen to music before sleep. Hope some works, and hope you can sleep well soon!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I will try the music and reading. I would have to search for Korean variety shows, because they are not broadcast here by me. Thank you @Tracy04
@Tracy04 (10844)
@bluesa maybe not necessary korean variety shows , try America funniest home videos, just for laughs, what went down, those gags that make you laugh and happy. But if you love Korean dramas or variety shows, why not. We can be fans of them too And you're welcome!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Humor really is our best friend when it comes to our mental health. Glad you got a laugh out of that FB post. Swapping negative thoughts for positive thoughts throughout the day and night works for me. I also avoid the complaining habit, that took some work, and also steer clear of the "poor me." Takes effort, but worth it.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Corbin5 , yes, humour is medicine. I will try all that. Still not sure what to do about the grouch though.
@bluesa Oh, just let the grouch just wear itself out until it fades away. I do that at times too.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Corbin5 yes, I should try to let him fade away.
That was a good one! I'm sorry your not getting sleep, I know the feeling lately myself. Definitely not a sleeping beauty the last couple weeks. I hope we can both get some sleep soon!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LovingMyBabies , good you got a chuckle from it too. Sorry you are also battling to sleep. I hope we can .
I feel your pain. I am a terrible sleeper and feel the effects every day.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@JohnRoberts , thank you. I am sorry you are also dealing with terrible lack of sleep.
@Orson_Kart (4353)
My stock answer for anyone with sleep problems is to lie close to a cliff edge and close your eyes. You'll soon drop off.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Eek, @Orson_Kart , that is some very sinister advice there . but it would take a persons mind off other worries!
@bluesa Sorry, it does sound sinister. I'll stop it immediately. We have only just become friends and I hope we don't fall out of this. Emphasis on the fall.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Orson_Kart , ! Nah, I have a strange sense of humour. There won't be any falling, out or over
So hilarious! Now I understand why you can't get your beauty sleep. Time is the only healer to rid yourself of that grouch. I believe you mentioned him before.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, Dianne, I mentioned him before, and I should not worry about him cause goodness knows he doesn't appreciate it and I have enough to keep me awake already. I hope time will help. xoxox
@bluesa He will never change, so move on.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN , I know. I will freaking kick myself in the butt till I stop worrying about him.
Welcome to the "raccoon club". I am a member of it as I have some nights that I can't sleep at all due to some health problems. I really do not know an easy solution for it.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you @marlina , we sure need to have a sense of humour about it. We will take the nights we do sleep and celebrate them, they just actually have to pitch up.
@bluesa Yes, I am very grateful for the good nights that I have here and there.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@marlina , same here, just wish they would be more often. :)
@salonga (28016)
Whoever posted that at Facebook must be looking at you lo! But never mind just eat and enjoy and I pray you finally get a good sleep tonight and onward.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you so much @salonga! I will eat and enjoy and try to block out the grouch.
@salonga (28016)
@ridingbet (53168)
hahaha! i had chills last night and their multiplying. hope you feel better now.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet , yes, I thankfully don't have chills. I hope you're feeling better? :)
@ridingbet (53168)
@bluesa i feel well and better now, my dear. thanks much.
Lol - great quote Catherine. Can't help you with your problems, sorry. I hope you at least can get some decent sleep soon.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you for the sympathy, Janet. Yes, that quote was spot on . Thank you @jaboUK :)