Sold a dress I didn't have. So embarrassed!

sold a dress I didn't have image pixaby
I am so embarrassed that I sold a dress I didn't have. Excitement quickly turned to despair when I was notified I had a sale only to discovered I no longer had the item I sold. Since I list items on more than one online shops, I forgot to remove it after it was sold on another site. I quickly advised the buyer of the problem , apologized and refunded her. It really hurt to return that money because but it was my mistake. Anyway I was surprised that the buyer was really nice about it. She said it would have been her second time buying from me and she even asked if I could make her a similar one. I promised her a discount on her next purchase. Whew! Have you ever been in a similar situation? Have you ever promised someone something only to find out you didn't have it or couldn't do what you promised? How did you deal with it?
Nope never. Glad she took it well.
Yes I was really pleased she wasn't annoyed
@Freelanzer she seems like good people
The buyer was a reasonable one.I have not had such an experience of selling stuff online.You needn't blame yourself so much,everybody would make a mistake.
Yes mistakes do happen
@ridingbet (37922)
i try not to promise anything now. i might be heart-broken, or that person whom i made a promise will be broken as well.
It is hard for both you and the other person when you are not able to keep a promise.
Well, she really does like your work. I could have made a promise some time or the other which circumstances didn't allow me to fulfill.
I try not to make ones I can't keep but stuff happens and I am sure I had to disappoint some people in the past
@shivamani10 (10679)
• Hyderabad, India
Yeah. Not many times.
That is good.
• Eugene, Oregon
I can't think of a similar situation right now, but I am sure it has happened to many of us.
Even with our best intentions, stuff like that could happen
• Lakewood, Colorado
No I have not. It is sad that that happened but I am sure the customer will understand I hope.
Yes I was glad she understood but felt bad for the trouble it caused
@Essjayd (1168)
I'm glad she was understanding about it! The closest thing I've done was sold a surfboard on Ebay then put a dent in it by accident after it sold! Thankfully the guy who collected it still wanted it regardless!
I guess some people are more easy to deal with than we think. Good you were able to still make the sale
@Essjayd (1168)
@Freelanzer I think most people are reasonable if they know it was a genuine mistake!
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Freelanzer , I haven't. But I am happy your customer understood and will be buying from you again.
Thank goodness she understand and was nice about it.
@ShifaLk (7323)
Yeah sometimes I commit to my patient in labortary although I am not the boss but still to make them happy
That has never happened but I do worry about it when I sale on line.