Not invited.. oh wait..

A friend of mine, who I'm not close close to but still talk to on facebook and say hi to when I see her in person, is getting married July 15th. Now it's just going to be a small mostly family and bestfriends type of wedding, so I wasn't invited. Which is understandable. But I have joked with her about not getting an invite a few times. Well, she just asked me to go! Said she made room for me because she realized I was very important to her, because I've been there when she's had troubles. But I feel like 2.5 weeks before is too short of notice. Especially since I don't drive, and it's an hour or so away. So I just told her thank you, and that i really appreciate it but I don't think I'll be able to go. But I feel bad, even though i feel i shouldn't because technically she had time to invite before now. :-/ Ugh. What would you have done? The same, or rsvp'd?
I have been invited last minute 2 weeks prior and I attended. Only because I knew it was going to be a really small wedding and not too formal. But most weddings I attend invites are sent at least 3 months in advance.
If i had more notice, I'd probably go. But its like 2 weeks away and also like an hour or so away and i dont drive, and my mom cant request weekends off at work so would be tough to get there.
@Courtlynn Yeah, that is a far drive. If it was nearby then that is understanding.
@infatuatedbby exactly. I dont know
@Srbageldog (7672)
I wouldn't go. I would feel like my invitation had only been extended as an afterthought, and 2.5 weeks notice is not enough time to arrange for transportation. I think you did the right thing.
Thanks. Just always feel bad. Ugh
@Courtlynn Don't feel bad, she should have invited you sooner. I'm sure she'll understand.
@Srbageldog she said she did. But idk
@PatZAnthony (12252)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It would depend on the person and the situation. If you care and want to go, then go.
I do care. But i wont be able to get a ride there as its an hour or so away.
@PatZAnthony (12252)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@Courtlynn Maybe she has someone in the area heading to the wedding?
@PatZAnthony most her family and friends live near here where the wedding is going to be.
@hillhjill (4152)
I would of told her pretty much the same thing,, and it was on very shot notice, now if it was back in the day then I would of found away to make it.
Right. Its not like im just not going.
Maybe she invited you because you told her she didnt, maybe she felt like she should have and at the last minute invited, not knowing that you were joking . I think you did the right thing and declined.
I don't know why she did it besides what she told me. But i would never invite last minute. Always months in advance
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I would of food her I wasn't sure I would be able to go.
Okay. Good.
@mandala100 (31504)
For sure I'll be entertaining a second thought jus tlike you.
@KrauseHome (34724)
Well, like you said especially since you do not drive, it would have been nicer if she would have asked you before this so that you might have had time to plan for it. But waiting last minute you should not feel Bad because it was last minute and she should understand.
She said she did, but I'm the type who puts others first so feel bad.
I wouldn't of even bothered to bring it up personally, but I hear you. I don't want to go any where I'm not invited.
Right.
I would have gone as she made roomforoi so go for goodness sakles go
Yes, but to me 2.5 week notice is short notice. And dont know if I'd be able to make it. Especially ride wise. To ne, its not that easy to just agree to go to things. Thats why early notices are better.