Are Computers Made to Break Down??

@Hate2Iron (7950)
I so hope that my computer doesn't take a long time to fix. It seems that it's been away forever, but apparently it was picked up just on Friday. I booted up the old one and it hasn't been too bad until just the last few days. Now I know why we replaced it. I think that it might be a good idea to have this one fixed when the new one is returned. On the other hand, I'm not sure if it's cheaper just to replace it with a model that is not a name brand. My daughter's has been working quite nicely and she gets to wipe it clean every few months which I can't do with the computers I have. It used to be easy a few years ago, but not any more!! Here's hoping that the truck will drive in any moment with my computer... which now works again! It's not even a year old. You have to wonder!!
They seem to be built to not last. That is for sure!
@Hate2Iron (7950)
Definitely in my case. Or I'm just good at breaking them!
@Hate2Iron I don't know enough to solve the little problems that come up.
@prashu228 (25797)
Yes of course ,they are made to break and spoil as fast as they can..lol..but that's the business
@Hate2Iron (7950)
But in our family, it's always MY COMPUTER! No one else can do it like I can apparently!
@Hate2Irn don't feel bad as I always have my computer breaking I have my brother in law who fixes my computer fix mine. recently my computer refused to start so on my Kindle right now. Waiting till my sis takes it homeboy that he will look at it!
@sabtraversa (13348)
Yes, recent computers and smartphones are made to break down. If it's not the hardware, then it's the software: too many updates and viruses turn these devices into scrap. That's the new business, technology running too fast but our pockets can't always keep up with it. It is not worth repairing anymore, that tells a lot about our times. All about waste.
@sabtraversa (13348)
@HAPPSINGH While poor people in third world countries go to garbage dumps and collect the scrap to resell it. These scraps also contain precious metals after all. And scammers (sakawa) in Ghana look for pieces to assemble a working computer so they can send more scam emails. And so on. I've been watching too many documentaries, haven't I?
@prashu228 (25797)
@sabtraversa I agree , I too watch such programs and it's true, such scraps are mostly exported to Asian countries
@sabtraversa (13348)
@prashu228 And then the majority of new devices are created and imported from Asian countries. Sounds like some recycling process.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
I guess they are made to break down, or else, computer companies won't be selling new ones.
@Hate2Iron (7950)
Okay... I don't feel so bad anymore. At least it's not my fault!!
@jaiho2009 (39019)
@Hate2Iron of course not sweetie
@jaiho2009 (39019)
@HAPPSINGH thank you
Oh, I do hope your computer is returned to you sooner than later. Just glad our son stopped by and I talked him into fixing a problem on mine. Have no idea how he fixes those problems, but it sure is fun to watch him do it.
@Hate2Iron (7950)
So do it... this one must have frozen about 4 times today! I need to adopt a son/grandson/ nephew... anyone who knows how to fix computers!
@Hate2Iron I sure hope our son and his wife who have been married for 1 1/2 years have a child sooner than later because I am going to need that kid to fix my stuff in my golden years!!!
@Hate2Iron (7950)
@Corbin5 I'm beginning to think that the next generation of kids are being born with different brains from our generation. My daughter can do things that I have no idea even where to start. And it's not even stuff that she learned in school... she just knows how... and now I'm rambling aren't I lol!
@Tracy04 (10868)
My brother is a computer technician. If my laptop or his computer breaks down, he fix it But if the other customers' laptop is old and he even cannot fix it, he will ask to buy new one instead lol. Hope your computer repairs soon!
Yikes, the lap top I am working on right now is 2.5 years old and works like a charm, it is an Acer.