glorious puddles

My feet are wet. Very wet. My poor, poor wet feet. Even more annoying though is that my clean washing is wet. Very wet. I hung it on the washing line on Monday night before snuggling into bed, thinking it would have all day Tuesday to dry. Rain was forecast, but not all day. The Heavens opened at ten o'clock in the morning and God's tears rained down upon the earth for forty days and forty nights. Or, thats what it feels like, nearly twenty-four hours later. Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day. Remember the hot sunshine and waves of pure heat from last week? Nope, me neither. It is now Wednesday morning and the washing is still on the line. The rain continues to fall, albeit not as violently as yesterday. It is still horribly wet and the world is full of puddles. Dr Foster went to Gloucester in a shower of rain. My feet are still sopping wet. They will be squidgy all day now. *dramatic sigh*
@pgntwo (22755)
• Tripoli, Lebanon
:sigh: Reminds me of Matthias's comments in this scene from Life of Brian: "my eyes are bent, my ears are grizzled, my nose is knackered" etc
Roman guards search the house.
oh to be blessed with those tears! 'round these parts yer laundry'd be filled with dirt 's the winds blow 'cross the parched lands (silly, wasteful farmers). yepperz, i'd take puddles any ol' day. then 'gain, with triple digit heat, yer clothes'd be dry'n no time flat, lol.
As a rule I do like rain. But this was torrential, violent, constant and wet. Very wet. Wetter than wet. Ugh.
@Poppylicious trade ya some triple digit weather?
Oh my, that laundry is getting a good rinse! lol
It did get a very good rinse! I put those that could be dried in the tumble drier last night. Everything else is slowly drying on an airer.
@Poppylicious The weather has a big impact on my laundry too. I have hung it out and gone to town only to have a sudden rain storm blow in.
We had so much rain from Monday night that I think I should start to build an Ark, just in case it does not stop.
It seems to have given up here. The skies are grey, but the ground is semi-dry. I have my brolly just in case!
@Poppylicious It has rained all the day yesterday and all the night. Right now there is a pale sun, but we expect rain again in a few hours. At least the heat wave is over.
@minx267 (14650)
• Hartford, Connecticut
We had a rainy day today too.. but although my feet did get damp. I luckily did not have clothes hung out to dry.. I hope the sun shines for you today.
It continued to rain all day. On a more positive note, there is no rain this morning. I do have my umbrella with me though, just in case; the skies are full of menacing grey clouds. :)
@minx267 (14650)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@Poppylicious We had a nice day today.. and hoping for more of the same tomorrow. Even the humidity was low and very comfortable for sleeping.
@Nawsheen (22953)
• Mauritius
I hate the rain. Its so annoying. I hope that you get some nice weather soon
I do like rain, but not wet rain. This was wetter than wet rain. If that makes sense?!
@xFiacre (5737)
@poppylicious This part of the world wasn't really made for drying washing on the line unattended I suppose.
No, nor for believing the weatherman. :)