It Isn’t That Perfect Anymore

You have seen a lot of my pictures of Mayon Volcano, the most famous tourist attraction of the Bicol Region in some of my posts. They were always of perfect cone. However, last Monday, when hubby, his old auntie and I, went to Tabaco City, a 40-minute ride from our residence, I saw that Mayon volcano isn't that perfect anymore. It already have a cut from its crater as it was pointed by a red arrow in the second picture, I attached. That part is the front side of Mayon Volcano from our place of work and residence where I am always taking the picture. So, from afar, it can’t be seen, but the two sides create a perfect cone. That part , is the gulley that was created from those lavas and boulders coming from Mayon Volcano, whenever it erupts mildly. In the places that come before you reach Tabaco City, there are mountains fronting the volcano, that secures the places there whenever it erupts. But even with that small cut from that view, it is a beautiful sight to behold!
It happens when there are severe eruption, an Italian volcano was cut in two during a major eruption.
Really! Oh, my! So, I suppose the lavas flows into the places that surround it, even if it is a distance from it.
@SIMPLYD When this happened it destroyed several villages. Now there are two distinctive mountain, one is still an active volcano.
@SIMPLYD Yes, it happened during the night, the estimated number was 1,500.
A mountain varies in shape,it depends on where you see it.In spite of having a cut,all the same,Mayon Volcano is spectacular.
Yes. Mayon volcano is round at its base. Thus, one can imagine how many places surrounds it. At those different places, it has different appearances, depending on where it would usually flow off lava or where those magmas and boulders are thrown off whenever it explodes.
@SIMPLYD I remember you have mentioned It is an active volcano,do you know the last time when it erupted?
@changjiangzhibin89 I think it erupted mildly about some years ago. But the time when because it erupted then a typhoon came after a few months, then created flush flood and drowned more than 300 persons was in 2006.
That's too bad. I cannot able to see the perfect cone shape. Since I haven't had the chance to visit this place.
From our office and place of residence, that one can't be seen. That's because this one was taken from a place opposite our side of Mayon volcano.
Oh yes I can see it has lost some of it's perfect shape, but still beautiful.
Yes, it is still beautiful despite that cut near its crater.
@ridingbet (59692)
if seen from afar, it is still a perfect cone.
Yes, it will still be a perfect cone when seen from afar. Only those who climb it can see its real appearance.
@ridingbet (59692)
@SIMPLYD the smoke coming out from its crater is really magnificent-making it a perfect active volcano. i hope the giant sleeps.
@ridingbet Yes it is sleeping though not much because it is emitting some smoke still.
@YrNemo (14719)
As long as it continues with its slumber, we should be happy .
Yes. Though, we wish it to erupt every how many years because if it doesn't, we know that if ever it explodes, it will be a major one.
@YrNemo (14719)
@SIMPLYD You are right, I never thought of that ... Has it been behaving itself? (as in, erupt mildly every now and then?)
@YrNemo Yes, it has erupted mildly last in June 2006. It deposited lavas and boulders on its foot. When there was a strong typhoon November 2006, with lots of rain it caused flush flood thus bringing down those lavas and boulders to the river that leads to places. It overflowed and ravaged the houses near it, drowning more than 300 people.
Eruptions can do a little or a lot of damage to a volcano. It still is the most beautiful volcano I've ever seen.
Indeed. Specially when it passes the same route each time it erupts. Though, major eruptions can explode like that of a fountain. Is it? Mount Fuji is so beautiful too, specially when capped with snow.
@SIMPLYD Yes, it is, but it's not as cone shaped as yours.
@DianneN Oh is that so. Then, Mayon has the most perfect cone shape indeed.
@ShifaLk (8512)
Oh it's nice still :))
Yes, it is still. I can't help being in awe each time I see it, especially on a sunny morning.
@ShifaLk (8512)
@SIMPLYD wow :)
@Tracy04 (10815)
Volcano, or mother nature, changes everything, even the mountains. Few years ago there was a earthquake at my place; Sabah, Malaysia. And it hits right at the Mount Kinabalu. Since the earthquake, the state of Mount Kinabalu is not same as before the earthquake.
That is true. They cannot remain the same over the years. Mother nature has different ways of changing them. Earthquake can really change a place especially when it is a big earthquake.
@Tracy04 (10815)
@SIMPLYD yeah.
@vickyrose (2031)
• Canberra, Australia
Volcanos are enigma to me. Yes, Mayon is so known for its perfect shape and peak.
Actually, I have only seen about 3 volcanoes. One is Taal Volcano, then the volcano in Bulusan, Sorsogon and this, Mayon Volcano. Have you seen one already for real?
As you say, it's still a beautiful sight, one that I will forever associate with you.
Yes, despite the cut near the crater it is still so beautiful. Thank you. It's only me who posts pictures here of Mayon, that's why.
'tis a beautiful, yet somewhat frightenin' sight to behold fer certain!
Yes. Once you see it for real, you would be in awe of how beautiful it is. But once, you will know how dangerous it is, you will be scared.
It is a good picture of the volcano, even with its imperfections.
I cannot agree more.
@Nawsheen (22958)
• Mauritius
Oh yes i can see it. It is still beautiful
It is in one's flaw where we can see true beauty. Nature has it's way to surprise us.
That is true. It applies to all kind of beauties, be it a woman or nature.
Yes, it still looks beautiful.
True. I can't help being in awe as I gaze on it, while we travel. Going home, I have to ask for my hubby to stop at the side, so I can take this photo.