A simple trick for online safety

@tallawah (8017)
Kingston, Jamaica
Years ago, I created an email account. The name is not my name. There is no information in that account. I use it all over the place; especially when I join a Web site. I get all the most obvious scam letters, spam, tricks, make believe news, advisories of how I have all this inheritance or whatever the usual creepazoids send. Unlike a real account, with my name, so that it is Possible that someone who knows me is trying to get in touch; how can anyone try to get in touch with a fictional character? Sure, a note from a writing site that my alias belongs to, I can read that... but the rest of 'You Won' ... automatic delete.
@Tracy04 (10575)
If I get junk emails or spams I'd be sure to delete it.
@tallawah (8017)
• Kingston, Jamaica
When the name is fantasy and you get an email; "We have found your...(fill in whatever)" you know it's a scam. When it's your name, well... hey it is possible...?
@Tracy04 (10575)
@tallawah Paypal told me that they always address by full name. I will know whether it is scam or not when any paypal email being not address of my full name. Sometimes I got emails which my real name used, but read first. If they talk long and ask for money or something, that's definitely scam.
@tallawah (8017)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@Tracy04 Join a site as Deana Troi. When asked for your Paypal account...say Tracy Smule. It's simple. I do it.
@mandala100 (31370)
@tallawah That's a very good strategy to put in place.
@tallawah (8017)
• Kingston, Jamaica
And it is so easy. Just use a fantasy email address, and you'll get all the spam and rips there.
@mandala100 (31370)
@tallawah I'm going to experiment with that my friend and I'll see for myself the result.
@tallawah (8017)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@mandala100 It will work successfully
@RubyHawk (20971)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's a great idea. My email is filled with junk mail every day.
@tallawah (8017)
• Kingston, Jamaica
That is because you used your real name. If you use the fake name on this site and every where else, the junk goes there
@RubyHawk (20971)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@tallawah It sounds reasonable. Maybe something we should do to have a cleaner mail box.
@tallawah (8017)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@RubyHawk Not only that, but the scams jump out at you. I mean... being told you got a 'gift card' in your fake name? It's delete without blink.